Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Dealing with some bad employees

When I employ people if I am a business owner I expect them to work for the purpose of taking the company to another level because they are being paid for it but if anyone is working against the company he will definitely be fired.

Advertisement Placeholder
Some employee needs some spanking on the but and even the worst complete sack from work at times.
This topic was informed by an incident that happened at my workplace sometime ago, my colleague at work i.e an employee to my boss was being so disrespectful to our boss, just because our boss was trying to correct him on some blunders he made at work. He flared up and started using cuss words on our boss, we as fellow colleagues tried to calm him down and shut him up but still he refused.
At the end of the day, our boss only gave him two days suspension 😲.
If you were my boss, what would you have done to him?
I think your boss to an extent did the right thing because at times we don't just allow anger to control your decision. Expelling or sacking him may pass information to others but it is not always good to fight fire for fire.

Some employee needs some spanking on the but and even the worst complete sack from work at times.
This topic was informed by an incident that happened at my workplace sometime ago, my colleague at work i.e an employee to my boss was being so disrespectful to our boss, just because our boss was trying to correct him on some blunders he made at work. He flared up and started using cuss words on our boss, we as fellow colleagues tried to calm him down and shut him up but still he refused.
As a boss you need to be very careful when you are dealing with your employer
I don't see the need to manage a bad employee the only way to manage them is to sack them because a bad employee can actually bring down your business, when it comes to business and relationship with client a bad employee is not something to consider because they might bring bad image to the company or organisation,but if someone make mistake just warn them and make them to understand what they did was wrong and advise them to do it no more,
Is not easy to be a boss,but some people tend not to understand the risk of becoming a boss because they only look at the money aspect not the risk taking of the job as well.

I am not an employer but if I was in that position I would not think twice to fire a bad employer. Why should keep a bad employer when there is already unemplpyment in the country.

I don't see the need to manage a bad employee the only way to manage them is to sack them because a bad employee can actually bring down your business, when it comes to business and relationship with client a bad employee is not something to consider because they might bring bad image to the company or organisation,but if someone make mistake just warn them and make them to understand what they did was wrong and advise them to do it no more,
I completely agree with you that there is no need for someone to be managing a bad employee and that's the only way to deal with a bad employee is to believe them of their job because managing human beings it's a very difficult job description that can break anyone.

As a boss you need to be very careful when you are dealing with your employer

Is not easy to be a boss,but some people tend not to understand the risk of becoming a boss because they only look at the money aspect not the risk taking of the job as well.
this can make a lot of them not to be persistent in their business and some of them do give up easily when they are not getting the required profit they were dreaming of,passion is one of the things that we need in every business.

I strongly believe that human resource team play a crucial role when it comes to hiring a person, so when it comes to hiring a person, you should always look at the behavior and character of the person who you are trying to interview and this can greatly reduce your chances of hiring a person who has a bad character or who is more likely to behave badly with you.

I used to think that it is very good to manage a bad employee but as time goes on I have changed my mind from this thinking of managing an employee so right now if I have a bad employee on my pillow I will just sack him or her without thinking twice about it.

I used to think that it is very good to manage a bad employee but as time goes on I have changed my mind from this thinking of managing an employee so right now if I have a bad employee on my pillow I will just sack him or her without thinking twice about it.
Sometimes sacking may be so harsh and insulting ,even if you are the manager of the company you really need to warn them, if they do not change that is when you should consider sacking as the only option but for now just give a warning.

A bad employee or bad employees will work greatly against your business. It's best you find ways to get rid of them as quick as you can.

When I employ people if I am a business owner I expect them to work for the purpose of taking the company to another level because they are being paid for it but if anyone is working against the company he will definitely be fired.
That's what every employers wants when they are recruiting workers in their organisation, every employer want the new workers to work positively to upgrade and move the business to a greater height, and anything negatively will lead to suspension or getting sacked.

Human beings are clouded by judgement and emotion at least most of us which is why we often misbehave but a manager should not now be excessive in reprimanding or scolding, I think the suspension is okay but subsequent misbehaving should call for firing

As a business owner ,you are the business and any employee that is not complying in obeying the rules and regulation of the business should be suspended with immediate effect.

What I would have done depends on the gravity of his bad behaviour. I might have given him suspension as well if what he did wasn't that much and I will make sure to deduct the days of suspension from his salary.

Most times it is very stressful to deal with a bad employee but what thing that you have to do he is to always give them query or suspension anytime they misbehave.

Any employer that misbehaves receives punishment based on what he's done or gravity of the offence. Some offences cannot be tolerated.
Another thing to note is that setting a good example cannot be overemphasized. Try to make sure this people don't see reasons to go against you

The two days suspension might be the sanction from the rules or regulation of your company. You have to follow the policies or rules and regulations set by the company or business. Its because if you go against the rules and regulations and you fire that person you might be accused of illegal dismissal.

Most times it is very stressful to deal with a bad employee but what thing that you have to do he is to always give them query or suspension anytime they misbehave.
If you said we should give them suspension does it really mean that we still have to take them back into our business after the suspension is over ? I don't think this is actually the best.

👍👍👍😂❤️🖤
Spank him and then fire him.
You’re not allowed to just go off on the boss and start swearing
What is he out of his mind

Dealing with bad employees requires a lot of patience and wisdom, most people believes all bad employees should be sacked, at times one needs to know the reason why the person is doing what he or she is doing before punishing them, suspension at times is enough punishment sacking is extreme and most times it depends on the companies rules and regulations.
You are correct there. It depends on the rules and regulations of the company. If in the rules and regulations it is found that those kind of behavior stated above is a ground for suspension or termination, the we can do nothing about it but to enforce the rules and regulations of the company.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds