Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Dealing with some bad employees

Talking about dealing with bad employees some will say get fire them while others will say reduce their salaries or suspension and others which ever way so long at it deals with the situation and doesn’t affects the business and your relationship with other employees it’s fine by me

Advertisement Placeholder
Some employee needs some spanking on the but and even the worst complete sack from work at times.
This topic was informed by an incident that happened at my workplace sometime ago, my colleague at work i.e an employee to my boss was being so disrespectful to our boss, just because our boss was trying to correct him on some blunders he made at work. He flared up and started using cuss words on our boss, we as fellow colleagues tried to calm him down and shut him up but still he refused.
At the end of the day, our boss only gave him two days suspension 😲.
If you were my boss, what would you have done to him?
Bad employees are like bad oranges among the good ones , if you leave them they will spoil and corrupt the good ones and if you sack them anyhow it will affect your company reputation,
The only thing you can do to a disrespectful employee is to sanction them by giving them suspension without pay.

I believe understanding is one way to deal with a bad employee.most of the time this person's come to work with their personal issues which affect their input in doing their job. Perseverance understanding is needed to work with such persons. A work counselor should be made available for issues like this.

A business place should be an orderly place with a strict unity of com and according to leadership principles. The employee should never have talked to the boss like that and the boss too should not ha fine low and that is why it is important to have a human resources department.

I understand you and most times an employee dosent act or perform the way you expect them to do. That is why its prefffeAble to treat them at the rate of their performance

Concerning dealing with bad employees. Well, it is not bad to discipline an employee who has failed in the place of office and who proves to be lazy , It would be nice for the employer and employee to have a certain level of relationship so as to create a conducive environment for work. A bad employees can be punished by deducting his salary

Some employee are really bad to deal with them you have to find a way and a method of punishment to offer them ,if they don't do the job properly

It is not a good experience to work with a bad employee. You should depart the issue to the human resource department or meet he employer and talk to them directly about how it affects you.

Some employee needs some spanking on the but and even the worst complete sack from work at times.
This topic was informed by an incident that happened at my workplace sometime ago, my colleague at work i.e an employee to my boss was being so disrespectful to our boss, just because our boss was trying to correct him on some blunders he made at work. He flared up and started using cuss words on our boss, we as fellow colleagues tried to calm him down and shut him up but still he refused.
😳 Your boss didnt want to take things far. On the side of the employee i think thats too much, he might be stressed over work or something but thats not an excuse to not control yor emotions and i believe there are rules regarding purnishments given to certain offence.
[automerge]1622213797[/automerge]
Some employee are really bad to deal with them you have to find a way and a method of punishment to offer them ,if they don't do the job properly
Exactly, this would surely help in taming them. Many dont even have self control in controlling their emotions
[automerge]1622213920[/automerge]
I understand you and most times an employee dosent act or perform the way you expect them to do. That is why its prefffeAble to treat them at the rate of their performance
But some might not understand that they are being treated according to their performance, they might feel you are favoring some over the rest
[automerge]1622214043[/automerge]
Talking about dealing with bad employees some will say get fire them while others will say reduce their salaries or suspension and others which ever way so long at it deals with the situation and doesn’t affects the business and your relationship with other employees it’s fine by me
True, if proper action is not taken, it could spark the same reaction from the other employees
[automerge]1622214190[/automerge]
Concerning dealing with bad employees. Well, it is not bad to discipline an employee who has failed in the place of office and who proves to be lazy , It would be nice for the employer and employee to have a certain level of relationship so as to create a conducive environment for work. A bad employees can be punished by deducting his salary
To add to what you have said, i thing rule and regulations should be layed down for all to see and know the purnishments for certain behavior or there should be a limit, if you commit an offence more than the specific time its bye bye for you

Last edited:
If I is a large company, you should ensure that you hire a human resources personnel. If it is small, then you should always work with the rules and regulations which they adhered to.

Actually, that could only happen in underdeveloped country where the staff is sometimes greater than the manager just because of the backup from the board they have...

A business place should be an orderly place with a strict unity of com and according to leadership principles. The employee should never have talked to the boss like that and the boss too should not ha fine low and that is why it is important to have a human resources department.
If you mean the respect or decorum of the employee in the office then I'd say that is imperative. Those employees who have no ethics or morals have no place in offices here. Even in factories and other menial labor jobs good moral character is required because bad employees can affect the job.

If you mean the respect or decorum of the employee in the office then I'd say that is imperative. Those employees who have no ethics or morals have no place in offices here. Even in factories and other menial labor jobs good moral character is required because bad employees can affect the job.
as an entrepreneur there is no how you will not have a bad employee but what you have to do is to be able to manage and correct them when they go astray. All effort put in place to correct them and they are still misbehaving you have no option than to let them off the job.

Every workplace usually has rules and cosequences for breaking such rules. I think each employee should be made aware of them at the start of their work in the workplace. Then it will be easier for the employer to know what to do when an employee does wrong.

Ways on how to deal with bad employees
Listen. Often, when an employee is difficult we stop paying attention to what's actually going on.
Give clear, behavioral feedback.
Document.
Be consistent.
Set consequences if things don't change.
Work through the company's processes.
Don't poison the well.
Manage your self-talk.

For me bad employees have no need to manage them or give them another chance as they might run your company down or influence others with thier bad habit,so the best way to handle them is to sack them from the work.

Dealing with bad employees requires a lot of patience and wisdom, most people believes all bad employees should be sacked, at times one needs to know the reason why the person is doing what he or she is doing before punishing them, suspension at times is enough punishment sacking is extreme and most times it depends on the companies rules and regulations.
Yes that shows the level of maturity of an employer when dealing with such behavior from an employee.But there should be an ethical way of correcting an ering employee,so that the emphasis would be to improve his attitude on the job and character in general.

An employee who has the right to challenge the employer in his or her business organisation is someone that should be given a permanent suspension, I don't see the need for him him to behave this way, everything could have been settled amicably.

These days dealing with bad employees requires a little bit of patience and wisdom. It is true that you have to get rid of employees that never get your company productive but you have to do it politely

Bad Employee needs a good iron hand from their employer. If those rude employees are not been corrected, they'll definitely affect others and this will have negative effect

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds