Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

WYR Would You Rather - Webmaster Edition #9

Explore compelling dilemmas with our bi-monthly 'Would You Rather' debates, where participants engage in lively discussions weighing two contrasting scenarios. Perfect for critical thinkers and decision-making enthusiasts!

Would you rather?

• Total voters

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
AJWouldyourather.jpgHere's another Would You Rather! :)

🤔 The Dilemma:

Option A: Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche
Option B: Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Imagine you're about to start on a new online forum venture, but you're faced with a crucial decision. Would you rather start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche or initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition?

Share your insights, considerations, and the reasons behind your choice. Discuss the challenges and opportunities associated with each option, and explore the potential impact on community growth, engagement, and success.

Let the forum discussions begin!

Feel free to drop your thoughts below.

Cheers!

Honestly I would personally like to start a forum with a very limited known niche so not only could I provide a helpful and welcoming community to those looking for it, but to also share my knowledge with the niche. I can't personally think of one off the top of my head right now though... Most topics are already covered, however if you do offer something unique and different then you may have returning members and new ones joining too.

I don't know, both sounds hard, one that you may get of the floor however everyone is doing it, gaming wise it's large by any means, or from nothing to grow from nothing but end up just as bad to able to get the traffic flowing.

I end up just starting from nothing with very limited knowlage :) cheaper option anyway so...

From a business perspective, I'd rather launch into a limited known niche with zero competiton. Much more scope for growth and opportunity, plus you're serving an underrepresented niche which is always a good feeling

It is hard to grow a forum in a non-saturated niche. It can take forever to even get it noticed. I would rather pick a highly competitive niche and take a different approach to it.

Both my forums serve a limited audience, so I think niche content without competition is the way to go.

My first 2006 forum, very successful, has zero competition unless you count Facebook groups.

My new 2023 fledgling forum has competition from Reddit on the free end of things, and also competition from communities requiring a paid membership. But there was no competition on the domain front, which makes me rank high in web searches.

It's necessary to come up with an idea that is unique, in order to succeed in a world that is saturated with common ideas. So, yeah, I would go with option 2. It would be difficult initially but if we remain consistent, nothing's impossible.

It will be really hard to grow your community in a popular niche, however, if you work on less competitive niche, it will be someone easier to build a community. I am saying this from my personal experience.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor