Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Dealing with some bad employees

Your boss is simply just being different in going the usual way such outburst would have ended for that your colleague. It doesn't really mean that your boss don't know the action deserves been fired from employment

Advertisement Placeholder
That is really a bad attitude from your colleague. Assuming it's a very hard boss that kind of thing was done to, it won't take the boss anything to sack the employee that Same day

Any employer that misbehaves receives punishment based on what he's done or gravity of the offence. Some offences cannot be tolerated.
Another thing to note is that setting a good example cannot be overemphasized. Try to make sure this people don't see reasons to go against you
Any employee that goes against the rules and regulations of the company should be discipline or any one that disrespect his boss should be cautioned or suspended based on the gravity of his offence.

👍👍👍😂❤️🖤
Spank him and then fire him.
You’re not allowed to just go off on the boss and start swearing
What is he out of his mind
This is the same thing that I would have also done so that is why I am so surprised at the punishment that my boss actually gave to him and my thinking after that episode was just that maybe is just too important in the organisation that is why my boss didn't suck him.

This is the same thing that I would have also done so that is why I am so surprised at the punishment that my boss actually gave to him and my thinking after that episode was just that maybe is just too important in the organisation that is why my boss didn't suck him.
Your boss shouldn’t be sucking anyone, esp. someone who treated him that way. If anything, the guy trying to get his job back after his wild behavior should be doing it.
Just to get back in.
😜

I believe each organisation should have code of conduct that should be made available to the employees to guide there actions and when they err appropriate sanctions should be meted out.

Dealing with bad emloyess is a very sensitive matter. There should be some defined pshychology and condtions to deal with bad employess. They can' t be treated with anger and wrath, but with politeness and with with good temperament.
I agree with you. Dealing with bad employees is indeed a very sensitive matter. You have to know the reasons why they have bad attitude or character. They must be treated with much grace and patience.

I agree with you. Dealing with bad employees is indeed a very sensitive matter. You have to know the reasons why they have bad attitude or character. They must be treated with much grace and patience.
Exactly that would be the most mature thing to do. It would be wise to find out more about their reasons first so you can know the right action to take.

I believe each organisation should have code of conduct that should be made available to the employees to guide there actions and when they err appropriate sanctions should be meted out.
The code of conduct or decorum in the work place is in the rules and regulation of the business. Each employee should have a copy of that manual to know the proper behavior and the required for each employee regarding the performance of their job.

The only reason people chose to deal or endure bad employees is lack of option. As theres no option at the moment you no other option than to endure

The best way for me is to deal with bad employees is to give them strong sanctions under disciplinary board and if they still don't change I'll terminate their appointment.

The only reason people chose to deal or endure bad employees is lack of option. As theres no option at the moment you no other option than to endure
Well said, this is just it, they only cope with them either because they are one of the best employees and they are good at what they do, so letting them go would have a huge impact on the business, they have no replacement for them, hence they try to cope.

Most people think sacking a bad employee is the best way to deal with him but I think sacking should be the last resort, when all other options have failed.
Suspension is still a good punishment to consider before outright sacking, place the erring employee under probation and warn him.
If he continues misbehaving then you might consider sacking him.
Yea I support your point. Suspension should be the first thing,then if the person doesn't change,then you sack

To me I think the only solution to this kind of staff at the work place is to sack them out or reduce from their earning allowance for a certain period of time when they have failed to correct the lir regular mistakes and not ready to make amendments.

Some employee needs some spanking on the but and even the worst complete sack from work at times.
This topic was informed by an incident that happened at my workplace sometime ago, my colleague at work i.e an employee to my boss was being so disrespectful to our boss, just because our boss was trying to correct him on some blunders he made at work. He flared up and started using cuss words on our boss, we as fellow colleagues tried to calm him down and shut him up but still he refused.
At the end of the day, our boss only gave him two days suspension 😲.
If you were my boss, what would you have done to him?
If that was his first time he will be reprimanded and proper go further to know why he acted like that. So that it can due to some personal problem or challenges he is facing made him act like that.

If that was his first time he will be reprimanded and proper go further to know why he acted like that. So that it can due to some personal problem or challenges he is facing made him act like that.
Yes that is what I am basically saying as it is very likely that someone can make a mistake for the very first time but when it becomes a repeated habit then that person can set to be punish for it.

Such workers will definitely give your business a very bad image if allowed to continue working, i will definitely sack him, such a disrespectful employee lacks work ethics, morals and respect and should not be part of the development of any organization to prevent further issues or downfall of such organisation. I hope your boss would sack him when next such repeats itself.

bad employees is the best bad thing you will ever have in a business ,all you have to do is to give him another chance to change,but if he doesn't then you get a good and skilled employee

Some employee needs some spanking on the but and even the worst complete sack from work at times.
This topic was informed by an incident that happened at my workplace sometime ago, my colleague at work i.e an employee to my boss was being so disrespectful to our boss, just because our boss was trying to correct him on some blunders he made at work. He flared up and started using cuss words on our boss, we as fellow colleagues tried to calm him down and shut him up but still he refused.
At the end of the day, our boss only gave him two days suspension 😲.
If you were my boss, what would you have done to him?
Wow, your boss must be very tolerant.
A similar case happened in the organization I work...the employee disrespected the brother to my boss.
Few days later, a number of us read the defaulter's sack letter.

Charity they say begins at home. If you are not trained or you didn't take home training...it will always tell....I do not see any reason why you have to use curse words on the person paying your bills...even though you work for him..it's absolutely absurd...if I was your employer...I'd probably give him two weeks suspension and a deduction in his salary

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds