Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Dealing with some bad employees

I believe each organisation should have code of conduct that should be made available to the employees to guide there actions and when they err appropriate sanctions should be meted out.
Code of conduct or not there are still bent on being so annoying and causing problem for others those people should be sacked with immediate effect

Advertisement Placeholder
I believe good rapport should be established between employee and employer, some bosses are too boossy (exercising power over their employees) although in this case I don't really know who is at fault but if I happen to be the boss here, I will ensure I understand the reason for such action and then create roon for the employee to express his or her reason for that then give warning or corrections as the case may be.
As long as an employee is under authority he is suppose to be bound by the companise ethics and code of conduct,on no occation should you shout down at your boss.It is actually a very bad attitude to work and those place above you.

I think the best way to deal with employee is treating well with respect and understanding but you should not be afraid of sacking them if they are not productivity enough.

Wow, your boss must be very tolerant.
A similar case happened in the organization I work...the employee disrespected the brother to my boss.
Few days later, a number of us read the defaulter's sack letter.
Now this is a typical example of an organisation that has zero tolerance for disrespect and the fact that this disrespect wasn't actually directed at the owner of the business but the brother of the owner of the business makes it a worthy example to emulate.

You should engage in a two-way dialogue with the difficult employee. Listen to their comments so you can identify the source of the problem and address any workplace concerns that may be contributing to the bad behavior.

Some employee needs some spanking on the but and even the worst complete sack from work at times.
This topic was informed by an incident that happened at my workplace sometime ago, my colleague at work i.e an employee to my boss was being so disrespectful to our boss, just because our boss was trying to correct him on some blunders he made at work. He flared up and started using cuss words on our boss, we as fellow colleagues tried to calm him down and shut him up but still he refused.
At the end of the day, our boss only gave him two days suspension 😲.
If you were my boss, what would you have done to him?
Hmmmmm, I can relate.
Trust me, most atimes, those persons or employees you see displaying misconduct at work place do not enjoy doing that, most of them are going a whole lot, that affect them emotionally and psychologically. Some could be that the pay is low, some could not just know a better way of reacting to the employer's actions.
But in all, bearing able to control your emotions anywhere and anytime is still very paramount. Not allowing what you go through affect other people at work, in church or wherever.

You should engage in a two-way dialogue with the difficult employee. Listen to their comments so you can identify the source of the problem and address any workplace concerns that may be contributing to the bad behavior.
Okay have read this. Nice respond. But we should bear it in mind that there are people with bad attitude, it's just in them. I mean how do we solve jealousy?

Dealing with bad employees requires a lot of patience and wisdom, most people believes all bad employees should be sacked, at times one needs to know the reason why the person is doing what he or she is doing before punishing them, suspension at times is enough punishment sacking is extreme and most times it depends on the companies rules and regulations.
It is always good to outline the organisation's ethics and conduct.So whenever an employee default in his responsibility,he should be discipline in accordiance with the liad down rules of the organisation.But caution should be taken so as not to over discipline the erring employee.

This type of employee is only just a bad person with a lot of bad personality issues, he is just not worthy to be an employee. He deserves to be fired. That's my simple submission

There's this saying, " one bad egg can spoil the crate." Before such bad employee becomes toxic, I'll flush him out with immediacy because I don't condone negative and uncalculated energy!

You are correct. Some workers really deserve being spank or even some days of suspension. I have witnessed the above incident several times. As a boss, I may give second chance depending on the level of foul language used. Thanks for sharing.

The boss must be a very patient man or woman. I don't think any employer can tolerate what he just experienced. That showed that the employer is mature and he is only looking for the good of the employee. Employees need to know their place.

Dealing with bad employee in a business is not really easy it also require wisdom and patient, because we all know that bad employee can bring your business down so you don't need to allow such person.

Some employee needs some spanking on the but and even the worst complete sack from work at times.
This topic was informed by an incident that happened at my workplace sometime ago, my colleague at work i.e an employee to my boss was being so disrespectful to our boss, just because our boss was trying to correct him on some blunders he made at work. He flared up and started using cuss words on our boss, we as fellow colleagues tried to calm him down and shut him up but still he refused.
curse words?
That is a bit extreme. I would have sacked such an employee.
Any one who is not capable of taking corrections is not fit to work with people.

He's probably good at his job. I would keep him on until I get a suitable replacement. This should be done soon as this type of behavior can rub off on other workers who are equally bad behaved.

Your Boss really handled the incident well by not overreacting. A week suspension without pay or an official query should be enough punishment for such employee provided he has shown remorse for his actions.

These are the way to treat bad employees
  1. Critique behavior, not people.
  2. Identify the causes of the problem.
  3. Be open to feedback.
  4. Give clear directions.
  5. Write down expectations and specific consequences. ...
  6. Monitor progress.
  7. Plan ahead.
  8. Stay calm and show respect.

If you are the manager of the company you have to deal with bad employee according to the law of the company. If they persist on their bad behaviour you need to get rid of them fast so as not to affect.

Managing the bad employees can cause an havoc to your business, I see no reason why they wouldn't be sack if they are not performed to your expectations

I think the best way to deal with employee is treating well with respect and understanding but you should not be afraid of sacking them if they are not productivity enough.
What about in a situation where they take your respect for weakness and they tend to act as they want, would you still treat them with respect? Or would you take action.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds