Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is coming in late for work a ground for suspension?

If you are coming in late for work, the boss will lose precious time and the things that were need to be done wouldn't be done. He can easily get you fired if you are late for too many times at work and simply get someone else to do the job better. but yet it depends on how much wanted his job is, if it is an unwanted one then he won't fire you that easily, but we can never know what the boss will do since there are people who are unexpected.

Advertisement Placeholder
Coming in late for work in my own opinion is a ground for suspension and even sacking if the workers in person is doing it knowingly and believing its a normal thing to do which is definitely a bad behaviour.

I always tell myself that the right use of time will bring future benefits. But the wrong schedule will ruin some of your activities.

Sometimes it could be the reason for suspension upon repeated warning. Every employees as long as you have accepted the terms and condition of the business organisation you are working with , you must try as much as possible to keep to the time the organisation want you to.

I do not think that it is enough because it is going to be harsh but if somebody is called repeating it so many times then he should be suspended.

Coming late without a genuine reason is an act of disregarding the rules and regulation of that particular organusation , so its worth getting punished for after you have been warned .

I am someone who strongly believe that work ethics and etiquette and contribute a lot to efficiency. This is why I believe that suspending somebody for coming late to work consistently is not a bad idea.
Any employee should among other things be able to understand the rules and ethics that guides the organisation he is into,and so if the action is repeated on a constant basis,then the rule need to be applied here.

Any employee should among other things be able to understand the rules and ethics that guides the organisation he is into,and so if the action is repeated on a constant basis,then the rule need to be applied here.
It might be a ground for suspension without any reasonable explanation. It really depends on the organization involved since there are different rules and regulations for different organizations.

It might be a ground for suspension without any reasonable explanation. It really depends on the organization involved since there are different rules and regulations for different organizations.
Well it all depend on the rule and the ethics of such organisation that we are talking about,because for the employee to take up such employment,he should have know what is optainable except on some rear cases.

Employee who repeatedly get late to work deserve to be suspended. If the said employee is not suspended, it'll affect the morale of other employees. Punctuality is the soul of any business. Once you get a job, seek to get there on time, regardless of the amount yours being paid.

I do not think that you should fire an employee who comes late occasionally. However, coming late for the work again and again is a really bad sign and i will discuss this problem with my employee.

I do not think that you should fire an employee who comes late occasionally. However, coming late for the work again and again is a really bad sign and i will discuss this problem with my employee.
In this case, you might have to disengage with the services of such employee. Perpetual lateness is a clear sign of indiscipline and unprofessionalism so drastic measures needs to be taken.

In this case, you might have to disengage with the services of such employee. Perpetual lateness is a clear sign of indiscipline and unprofessionalism so drastic measures needs to be taken.

Before firing such kind of employee, I would address the issue because we all tend to face issues in life. If it were possible, then I would transfer the employee in a different department if I can so that he could adjust with the schedule.

As a good workers , you ought to keep and follow the rules and regulation of the organisation you are working for , and coming late to work constantly is a room for suspension .

If you are a late comer that means you are not taking what you do serious, as a good employee you are expected to go to your work place on time, that's only if you are a serious individual.

The employee is hired because there is a job to do. When he comes in late for work the flow of work is affected especially if the job is critical to the operation. Some offices issue a suspension for a number of days when the tardiness is too often like 3 times a week and every week. Do you think it is fair to the employee or is the boss too harsh on the suspension? Too many times tardy can also be a reason for termination of the employee which happened to our office before.
It depends on the particular company one is working in because public organizations have their own set of rules and regulations that the employee must be informed of before taking his position. If it is specified that you would be punished for being tardy, then there is nothing improper with carrying out that directive

Yes, you could be suspended when you are not keeping to the required time expected of you an employee in a business. Every jobs and work has it's own specific time and you must keep to them .

In my country there are some basic bench mark that every organisation usually make use of before they apply the heavy hammer on an erring employee,the misconduct would be at least four time.

That will likely depend on the company's policies. In some organizations, an employee who disobeys a rule is warned, given a warning after three warnings, and then fired after receiving three reprimands.
However, each business has its own internal policies.

Coming late to work is one of the greatest sin you can commit as a worker's and it can lead to suspension because bad attitude and lazzines from work first started with lateness .

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds