Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is coming in late for work a ground for suspension?

Its okay to give an employee suspension for coming late to work, i feel it will give room for improvement

Advertisement Placeholder
Most excuses are always traffic. This is why employee should work near to their houses and why employers should employ only those closer. Coming late to work is ground for suspension

My previous workplace had similar rules
- work starts by 9am
- a worker would be marked late if he came later than 9:15am
- if lateness occurs five times, a certain amount would be deducted from his salary coupled with a suspension of 2 days.

To me I think the above is worth it, the boss has been nice enough with respect to the stated conditions. Any company who aims to go higher must have serious employees.

The frequent coming to work late has always been grounds for suspension for a very long time I'm organisations. If you do that for a while the first time, you get a query. Continuously will get you that suspension eventually

Coming late to work once or twice per month is acceptable, but if it exceeds that I think the employee will be due for a suspension or more consequences.

Going to work late is something that must be frowned upon in any business organization. If a staff constantly resumes work late without any reasonable excuse, then it might be best to relieve his appointment.

Coming late to work once or twice per month is acceptable, but if it exceeds that I think the employee will be due for a suspension or more consequences.

Unfortunately, many companies do suspend employees because coming late for work can affect productivity in a really negative way.

Getting a work suspension for being late is a positive thing because you are being given a job so you can work, and if you are being suspended for being late, it indicates this is the first time you have been late to work.

Of course not because suspension is actually too big of a punishment for that and I think the most suitable punishment for that is actually query and that is all I think

Going to work late is something that must be frowned upon in any business organization. If a staff constantly resumes work late without any reasonable excuse, then it might be best to relieve his appointment.
Yes and I also believe that upon repeated warning then it is possible for you to be suspended when you are not able to listen to the instruction of the business organisation you are working for.. you have to obey.

Yes and I also believe that upon repeated warning then it is possible for you to be suspended when you are not able to listen to the instruction of the business organisation you are working for.. you have to obey.
That's true. Constant violations of workplace rules inspite of repeated warnings shows a complete disregard for the job. Such a staff should be disengaged if this happens.

Companies normally have rules and regulations and these are usually communicated to employees through a handbook or policy manuals. Frequent tardiness can disrupt a company's operations and it is only fair that employees who frequently violate attendance policies should be meted the appropriate disciplinary action. It must be served considering due process which usually begins with a verbal reprimand before progressing to suspension, and eventually to termination if the employee continues to violate the rules.

Come late to work is a bad attitude. This can cause problem in the of work. This will tend to punishment and deserve query that to be answered within twenty four hours.

Yeah, when it keeps occurring several times, it becomes a real issue to be frowned upon. This is because it will lead to the lower production of a business if employees are poor time managers.

If the penalty has been violated several times and there is no correction on the part of the worker the next thing will be suspension. Most people will do everything to avoid a penalty that will affect their salary at the end of the month.

That's true. Constant violations of workplace rules inspite of repeated warnings shows a complete disregard for the job. Such a staff should be disengaged if this happens.
Anyway most employees will not even like to behave badly when they are working in a nice business organisation, every organisation need to upgrade their standard of operation to make it a sophisticated one to prevent people from misbehaving.

Yeah, when it keeps occurring several times, it becomes a real issue to be frowned upon. This is because it will lead to the lower production of a business if employees are poor time managers.
I agree. If acts of lateness goes unchecked or unpunished, it might lead to further acts of insurbordination against the management by such staff who may feel that there is no limit to their indiscipline.

Coming late to work is like breaking the code of conduct laid down bybthe authority of the company , so if there there strict rules laid down against coming late, then the law should be kept.
It depends on the code of conduct of the organization, some are very strict with punctuality meanwhile some others aren't. The punishment meted out on the employee would be in complete accordance to the CCB.

Different institutions have their terms and conditions which the employee must have been aware of before accepting his appointment. If it's stated that you would be suspended for coming late, then there's nothing wrong in it.

If it happens often, then you could consider the firing options and get someone who would come on time and get the job done. The sole purpose of the business is to make profit and of one employee is jeopardising that by coming to late for work, best to sack such person.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds