Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why less graduates pursue blue collar jobs?

It has been observed that only a few graduates are willing to go out and do some blue collar jobs that would bring them money, they tend to feel too big to do it.
Why is this so?
Is it bad for a graduate to do some blue collar jobs?
You see some graduates who prefer to stay idle and broke rather than involve in Blue collar jobs that would help them make money.
Is there anything bad for a graduate to do some blue collar jobs?
It's not a bad thing for graduate to do a blue collar job, but if they are not doing it because the pay is small, that means they know their worth and they have refused to settle for less which is very good.

Advertisement Placeholder
If they are staying idle them it's really bad and wrong of them. But if they have other plans they are working on, then they shouldn't take such jobs.

Some blue collar jobs will need money to establish it which mist graduates may not have the money to finance it. The government policies does not encourage graduates to venture into blue collar jobs.

Well, it is not bad for a graduate to do blue collar job in as much as there is no job the graduate is doing at the moment. Because it is better to be doing something than nothing with that you will be able to meet your needs. Blue collar job is not bad for graduates with that the graduate can earn to start business.
Let's graduate for sure blue collar job because any graduates that finish from school is expected to get a white collar job not a blue collar job it is most time for station that leads them to blue collar job.

The main reason a lot of graduates pursue white-collar jobs is because they have been taught how to work for others instead of how to create jobs and employ others.
Imagine someone spending thousands learning how to work for another person.

It depends on the individual really though, and opting not to do blue collar jobs too isn't a bad idea because doing jobs like that could a graduate lose sight of some things so they could think it's better to not even start

Most of them just feel it is a right they deserve since they are educated,some just feel when they are out of university they should understand go any stress but work in a company,I feel is their mind set and not knowing that there are some jobs that pays better than what they are pusuing

One major factor responsible for this is the lack of job opportunities in the country, and the little jobs available can't even pay for feeding in a month, most of those white collar jobs are just formalities, you stress yourself to get white collar job and in the end they give the job to their family members, everything is now connection based. So graduates who are not ready to soil their hands in dirty things prefer to be self employed.

A lot of people I am so uninterested about jobs outside white collar jobs because they perceive that that is worth deserve after they have gone to the university

It has been observed that only a few graduates are willing to go out and do some blue collar jobs that would bring them money, they tend to feel too big to do it.
Why is this so?
Is it bad for a graduate to do some blue collar jobs?
You see some graduates who prefer to stay idle and broke rather than involve in Blue collar jobs that would help them make money.
Is there anything bad for a graduate to do some blue collar jobs?
Blue collar jobs are very stressful and so most undergraduate students that went to school with him want to be doing them as they see it as a very stressful kind of way of making money instead they will prefer office jobs which are not so stressful.

Nothing wrong with a blue collar job. I've had about 3 of those and while I made money and got myself things I need, my fellow only chats me up to discuss the difficulties they going through getting a job and how they have no cash. But these same people have blue collar job opportunities dancing to them but they do not take them.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. I don't know why people are scared of it. I guess pride and arrogance is the main reason.

That's the problem with people. You see, there's a reason why the mind is a very powerful tool, all these things depends on ones mentality, some people see such things as a downgrade but they don't understand that it's better than being idle. Most times, such people even earn more than those in white collar, but you see ignorance, it's a very deadly virus.
There is this general consensus that blue-collar jobs are very demanding and so most people tends to run away from them but one thing that most people do not know is that blue collar jobs are very lucrative so we all should learn to except blue collar jobs whenever we get them.

Anyone that would not want to get his hands dirty or food the sleeves of his shirt to work should be ready to rely on people and get demeaned. Personally, I've done menial jobs to pay my bills and I'm still doing it because I find it hard to request a favour and the worst is being turned down, so I get my hands dirty to get my penny.

I think it's because of the orientation they had while growing up. Youths have been made to feel that working in big air-conditioned offices is the only acceptable form of employment while strenuous work like farming or carpentry have low prestige.

They tends to look for a white collar jobs due to the fact that they find it hard to find start their own means of livelihood due to lack of capital, enabling environment,support from the government or individual.and due to the fact nobody wants to start on their and wants to depends on others.
I don't think it's because of this reason. Blue collar jobs are laboring kind of job like mixing of cements and all that, I think they find it embarrassing.

I don't think it's bad just that they think it's kinda a shameful thing to go into blue collar jobs after spending years in the University. But they should learn to face reality, you can't possibly be idle forever so the sooner you understand that the better

I think they dont pursue blue collar job because of peer pressure ,they feel like they will be part of the low class citizen , because as a graduate more is expected from them , so they don't want to go close not knowing the benefit

They tends to look for a white collar jobs due to the fact that they find it hard to find start their own means of livelihood due to lack of capital, enabling environment,support from the government or individual.and due to the fact nobody wants to start on their and wants to depends on others.
Though lots of graduate who have the zeal to begin something on their own,would ordinarily be constrain by finance,but most of them don't really have what it takes to start up a business from scratch,the patience,administrative capacity and financial discipline is one major factor that is lacking

Well it is not bad to engage in blue collar jobs but then it is not for everyone,most people are not capable of doing that and so they try to do things that they will be comfortable with

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds