Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why less graduates pursue blue collar jobs?

I spend 6 hours in college, and another 6 hours to study. I spend many years to become a graduate. Why should I work on jobs that require manual labor if I had already done a lot to improve myself for becoming eligible for white color jobs.

Advertisement Placeholder
It has been observed that only a few graduates are willing to go out and do some blue collar jobs that would bring them money, they tend to feel too big to do it.
Why is this so?
Is it bad for a graduate to do some blue collar jobs?
You see some graduates who prefer to stay idle and broke rather than involve in Blue collar jobs that would help them make money.
Is there anything bad for a graduate to do some blue collar jobs?
That is always the norm, especially around here. Apart from few of them who have interest in businesses, others have the mentality that since they are graduates, they deserve a white collar job.

There isn't anything wrong with it,but the problem is there are too many graduates and there isn't enough jobs , and the labour market is quite competitive. So many graduates would rather create a niche for themselves than engage in the struggle of the labour market.

It has been observed that only a few graduates are willing to go out and do some blue collar jobs that would bring them money, they tend to feel too big to do it.
Why is this so?
You see some graduates who prefer to stay idle and broke rather than involve in Blue collar jobs that would help them make money.
It's not actually bad for Graduates to engage in blue collar jobs but honestly our higher institution of learning are really doing a lot of mistakes. They tends to prioritize some academic jargons over the real life learning at the institution and the jargons aren't useful after they Graduate.

Why is this so?
This is common amongst most fresh graduates.
Once they graduate school, they feel on top of the world, they even criticize other graduates who are doing blue collar jobs.
It is after they have been unemployed for two or more years, that they become enlightened.

It's not actually bad for Graduates to engage in blue collar jobs but honestly our higher institution of learning are really doing a lot of mistakes. They tends to prioritize some academic jargons over the real life learning at the institution and the jargons aren't useful after they Graduate.
Our mentality as a student is to go to school , graduates and get a white collar job to show for it , but we still fail to realise that there's a limited job out there and every graduates cannot get employed l

I
Our mentality as a student is to go to school , graduates and get a white collar job to show for it , but we still fail to realise that there's a limited job out there and every graduates cannot get employed
It's our higher institution of learning that instil the same mentality in our Graduates. No be their fault.

Why is this so?
Get me the job once it pays I am ready, be it blue, white even purple, smiles. Some persons have pride and cannot bring themselves low to do blue collar jobs no matter the amount it fetches. Good number of reasonable graduates don't reason that way.

I feel the reason why less graduate pursue collar jobs is because majority of the graduates feel that the skills that they have learnt fit themselves

It seems to be a kind of belief system that most of us had while growing up which makes it look as though we needed to always look cooperate and not do dirty jobs to make money.

To be honest, most graduates see it as an insult for them to go into blue collar jobs after spending years at the University and probably obtaining a college degree. But the situation of the country right now don't really give them a choice as you've got to do what you got to do to survive.

After going to school and spending so many years and graduating most ofnthe time through hardship , the graduates believe the reward of their hard labour should be compensated with a white collar job.

I think the whole thing has to do with the orienttion and the categorisation of certin kinds of jobs as less in the proffession.And this is the notion lot of graduate usually to outside the academic environment.

The mentality and the orientation wè get from our parent and the environment we grew up from is that you must always make it big and get a government job when you go to school and thats why we see graduates still searching for government years after graduatingis read of starting something.

They are usually doing this because a notion has already been put in their head that those kind of jobs are I meant for people who did not have any kind of formal qualification. They do not know that it is this blue-collar jobs that sometimes are actually going to give you the money that you need.

They are usually doing this because a notion has already been put in their head that those kind of jobs are I meant for people who did not have any kind of formal qualification. They do not know that it is this blue-collar jobs that sometimes are actually going to give you the money that you need.
Thats exactly the point , we have been brainwashed that white collar job is meant for the graduates while blue collar job is meant for the uneducated people in the society.

The fact is that everyone who is giving all these reasons will choose a white collar job if opportunity arises. Normally graduate are supposed to have a white collar job in most cases.

Most of the times , it is usually pride and nothing else, and this is not good at all because individuals have to make sure that the explore every opportunities available for them.

In our own opinion as a graduate , blue collar job are meant for the uneducated and we beleive the white collar job job our right as graduates which we all know that the job is even scarce to get.

Maybe because it is more tiring and hectic and it doesn't pay well. Everyone wants to earn alot of money and work in a good environment. But it is not bad if you try out a blue collar job before getting the white collar one that you want. The money will really help you to manage your life so it is worth trying.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds