Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why do so many graduates refuse to learn a profitable skill?

The rate of unemployment seems to be increasing as time goes on, and this is mainly because so many graduates didn't bother to learn a profitable skill because they were thinking about securing a well paying job upon graduation, only to be disappointed at the end.

Why do you think graduates don't want to learn profitable skills that would make them to b independent.
I think it was before most students just focus on only schooling forgetting the fact that they need to learn hand work but now most graduate have one hand work or the other accept the lazy one

Advertisement Placeholder
The rate of unemployment seems to be increasing as time goes on, and this is mainly because so many graduates didn't bother to learn a profitable skill because they were thinking about securing a well paying job upon graduation, only to be disappointed at the end.

Why do you think graduates don't want to learn profitable skills that would make them to b independent.
They could be ignorant. I believe once they get informed, they will.

I would like be the devil's advocate here. Some of this skilled job are very demeaning. Imagine spending 5 years in school and ending up as a shoe mender
I have seen many cases like the one you describe, they spend 5 years studying to learn and excel and in the end they have nothing. That is why we must be humble and start to produce in some way, time passes and is wasted unnecessarily.

Well I really don't know of other countries graduate but here in nigeria they learn only if your father is a politician or you travel abroad because there is no job for graduate here so they learn other skills here
[automerge]1633240487[/automerge]
You are right and they employ the kids that their father aren't rich to run the business for them but Every child still keep the dream alive.
Having a good paying job that has security of tenure is the aspiration of college students here. The business minded students are a minority here. If given a choice more students will want to have a business but what's holding them is the capital. That is why only the rich kids can fulfill their desire to have a business of their own

I think it's because of the lack of awareness or advice. Most youths are not aware that the best way to earn money after graduating from school is through skills acquisition and self employment due to the lack of government and office jobs.
[automerge]1637772397[/automerge]
I think it's because of the lack of awareness or advice. Most youths are not aware that the best way to earn money after graduating from school is through skills acquisition and self employment due to the lack of government and office jobs.

Well, most of them really finds it very embarrassing to go learn a skill and start from the scratch after being in the University for so many years and obtaining a certificate. The just need to understand the kind of country they are in, and realize that that's the only way forward

They spend a lot of time studying and working hard to get good grades, When they are asked to learn skills, they are just frustrated.
Is it not the best thing? I mean one is supposed to study hard for good grades inorder to stand a higher chances of making use of his certificate.

Well most of them are actually waiting for white collar jobs but then they forget that such jobs now are not really profitable than going into your own brand of business

Is it not the best thing? I mean one is supposed to study hard for good grades inorder to stand a higher chances of making use of his certificate.
It is not the best for you depend hundred percent on Academic qualification because you'll be disappointed if there is no employment for you considering the fact that we have higher level of unemployment here m

It is not the best for you depend hundred percent on Academic qualification because you'll be disappointed if there is no employment for you considering the fact that we have higher level of unemployment here m
Well, I would strongly disagree with this. As a student one shouldn't find distractions in any way. Get the highest grades possible. There's always time to learn skills after school

I guess they are either ignorant of its importance or they do not just have the opportunity to do so.
These days, it is skill that pays.
A lot of young people even in secondary schools are taking up one skill or the other.

Majority of The graduate believe that White collar job pays more than learning a hand work. And they often see hand work as an professional job to earn money. These are some of the reason why majority of them never think of engaging in hand work learning.

Well, I would strongly disagree with this. As a student one shouldn't find distractions in any way. Get the highest grades possible. There's always time to learn skills after school
This might really be true but I don't really see the need of learning a skill after school to me it is better that I learn a skill before going to school than to learn it later after I am done from school

This might really be true but I don't really see the need of learning a skill after school to me it is better that I learn a skill before going to school than to learn it later after I am done from school
I get your point. But then learning a skill before school, after admission you spend 4 years in school without applying your skills, coming out from school you would most certainly forget most areas of the skill you learnt

I get your point. But then learning a skill before school, after admission you spend 4 years in school without applying your skills, coming out from school you would most certainly forget most areas of the skill you learnt
It depends on the skill you are learning, if you are into a digital skill it is possible for you to still practice what you are learning even when you are schooling, school will not take hundred percent of your attention to the point of not exercising your skill.

It depends on the skill you are learning, if you are into a digital skill it is possible for you to still practice what you are learning even when you are schooling, school will not take hundred percent of your attention to the point of not exercising your skill.
Well, for sure it depends on the school and your field, literally had a semester where i went through 24 credit load. Anyways, in general acquiring skill is school regardless when you do it

I guess they are either ignorant of its importance or they do not just have the opportunity to do so.
These days, it is skill that pays.
A lot of young people even in secondary schools are taking up one skill or the other.
Most of such people are still enjoying the comfort of their parent's wealth, they see skill acquisition as a waste of time because they think they have it all already.

I believe that young people should take interest in learning new skills because a person who possess various skills can survive during the hard times and when the economy is bad during the time when inflation grows.

I feel like graduates don't want to learn profitable skill because they feel it's an extra work load for them. They feel they are supposed to gain employment as soon as they just come out of school.

There are many graduates that still believe that earning online experience doesn't deserve the time we spend on and it is right somehow cause we could get scammed online many times .

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds