Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why less graduates pursue blue collar jobs?

It's the mentality, as simple as that. Especially in this part of the world, we're taught that all you have to do is graduate and life becomes easier so we put all our efforts into graduating only to realize that that's just the first step and majority are demotivated to seek alternative.

Advertisement Placeholder
After high school, I spent 6 years learning programming, web designing, etc. Why should I do menial jobs when I am qualified to do better jobs. This is the main reason for not doing blue color jobs.

I think it all boils down to mentality that was built. Many of them believe that the blue collar jobs are for the low tier citizens and so do not chase them.

Not all graduates wants to do job on their own to earn a living. They simply waiting for the government of their country to do them good by providing jobs for them to earn a living.

The reason why they have believing that they are too big to do a blue collar job is because they just think that such employment are for people that have not graduated from the University and that they deserve something better. We all need to plan our life

In my personal view others dislike blue collar occupations because they require physical work, such as lugging bags or moving heavy things, and those who have a degree believe they have done something worthwhile, which they have.

It is true that students to not like to pursue blue collar jobs because of the ore assumption that such jobs are only meant for low life's and those that did not school.

When i graduated in the university, i hoped for the white collar job, after serving the country as a corp member. But it never cane by, so i never waited long for it, i decided to resume whst I've been into for long.

What you are saying is correct as I have personally witnessed some of them in my area. Gone are the days where graduate would be waiting for jobs when they come out of school. There are so many opportunities in both offline and online platform to explore. So whoever fails to take advantage of this, is doing his or herself more harm than good. It is just my opinion.
[automerge]1625654114[/automerge]
What you are saying is correct as I have personally witnessed some of them in my area. Gone are the days where graduate would be waiting for jobs when they come out of school. There are so many opportunities in both offline and online platform to explore. So whoever fails to take advantage of this, is doing his or herself more harm than good. It is just my opinion.
[automerge]1625654117[/automerge]

Nothing bad in it, but some of graduate do not want to start from zero, they want realdy made work instead to start their own business and become own boss. That is what makes many graduate stay longer at home before they get Job.
The thing is that most graduates do not want to soil their hands and so they consider this blue collar job as what I call menial jobs and so they would never want to do those kind of work instead they will prefer does office kind of work.

The truth every graduate knows is that not everyone will be lucky to get a white collar job. So instead of waiting for one, why not get yourself engaged in one blue collar job to get by with life than staying idle

It has been observed that only a few graduates are willing to go out and do some blue collar jobs that would bring them money, they tend to feel too big to do it.
Why is this so?
Is it bad for a graduate to do some blue collar jobs?
You see some graduates who prefer to stay idle and broke rather than involve in Blue collar jobs that would help them make money.
Is there anything bad for a graduate to do some blue collar jobs?
I don’t quite agree with you that few graduates are willing to go out and do some blue collar jobs that would bring them money, I believe nobody will see a better opportunity and will not want to jump onto it but the rate of unemployment has change the mind of many people

I don’t quite agree with you that few graduates are willing to go out and do some blue collar jobs that would bring them money, I believe nobody will see a better opportunity and will not want to jump onto it but the rate of unemployment has change the mind of many people
Secondly , the issue is that the jobs out there are so secured and they cannot be able to get it unless they have the connections demanded needed to get it

The reason why most graduates avoid pursuing blue collar jobs is very simple. It is because they are feeling too proud to get themselves that level. They feel it is Benet them

Well, it is not bad for a graduate to do blue collar job in as much as there is no job the graduate is doing at the moment. Because it is better to be doing something than nothing with that you will be able to meet your needs. Blue collar job is not bad for graduates with that the graduate can earn to start business.
You are right. Its better to be doing something than doing notting at all. These days there are no longer jobs in our society and you cannot fully rely on your certificate to give you a good job. Majority of the graduates today do not even make a living based on what they studied but with a hand skill or something else.

That is why it is a good thing and best plan of action for these graduates siting and idling away their time at home to put down their pride and do something for their lives while they still can now

The reason why most graduates avoid pursuing blue collar jobs is very simple. It is because they are feeling too proud to get themselves that level. They feel it is Benet them
Aside from the pride of the college graduate it is also the salary that plays a big role in the search for a job. Why would I work in the farm to earn a few dollars when I can work in the office as a clerk to earn more. A white collar job is usually inside an air conditioned office.

nfortunately, many people assume that a blue-collar career isn't for them, so they never give it a serious ... Many skilled trades are less likely to go away. There are a whole series of certifications that take a year or less that earn more than the average bachelor's
This most people that assume that a blue-collar career isn't from them and mostly graduate from universities who have an entitlement mentality because they I have attended school for some 4 to 6 years and so they feel that they cannot come down to do any menial job whatsoever, one thing that they don't know is that they're not even White collar job again so they will have to make do with what is available.

That is why it is a good thing and best plan of action for these graduates siting and idling away their time at home to put down their pride and do something for their lives while they still can now
It is easier said than done. Learning a job is like going to school to study which will needs some form of finances to achieve for the period of time that the learning process will last which most graduates might not be able to afford.

Well, it is not bad for a graduate to do blue collar job in as much as there is no job the graduate is doing at the moment. Because it is better to be doing something than nothing with that you will be able to meet your needs. Blue collar job is not bad for graduates with that the graduate can earn to start business.
One of the reason why let's grab a special blue collar job is because he still yourself as Leonard and well-trained and see those who do blue collar job as people who are on Leonard and unskilled labour so with this they can't be educated and come back to do blue collar job.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds