Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why less graduates pursue blue collar jobs?

I

It's our higher institution of learning that instil the same mentality in our Graduates. No be their fault.
Its not only the institution that impart the mentality into us , we are being brainwashed by our parent that education is the only way to success in life and without education , we are going to become slaves to those who are educated.

Advertisement Placeholder
What we're all after is to make money. Engaging in the blue collar job or the white collar job, money is what matters. As a graduate, i will engage in the blue-collar job provided that it will give me a reasonable amount of money to take care of myself and my families.

What we're all after is to make money. Engaging in the blue collar job or the white collar job, money is what matters. As a graduate, i will engage in the blue-collar job provided that it will give me a reasonable amount of money to take care of myself and my families.
Money is what matter most in the era and we need to be a good innovator if we are not doing any blue collar job , so most graduates don't like blue collar job because they are being brainwashed that going to school is the way to making money.

Blur-collar jobs require fewer qualifications and consider more skilled employees, if one wants to earn money just after graduation or just to keep him/herself throughout the month, even a blue-collar job is good.

The main reason why some or many graduate go for a blue collar jobs in my country is because there are lacking job opportunity and the only ways to survive in the country is to involve your self in some blue collar jobs.

Blur-collar jobs require fewer qualifications and consider more skilled employees, if one wants to earn money just after graduation or just to keep him/herself throughout the month, even a blue-collar job is good.
Some blue collar job doesn't even need having a certificate while some just need a small certificate, you can become the owner of your organisations without evening having to go to school.

There are a lot of them that believe that they are entitled to White collar jobs even though they do not know that all of the jobs are important for the maintenance of the economy.

I would say that ego is one of the contributory factor to so many graduate not wanting to pursue the blue-collar job. It is when you put aside your ego, that you will be able to make money from blue collar jobs.

I would say that ego is one of the contributory factor to so many graduate not wanting to pursue the blue-collar job. It is when you put aside your ego, that you will be able to make money from blue collar jobs.
I understand you quite right , to some people its the ego that how could a graduate like them be learning a trade or business ,but i believe thenegonhas been planted into us by our parent and the world that you can only do a white collar job if you study.

Blue collar jobs are obviously less attractive compared to white collar jobs hence their less interest in it. Everyone wants a white collar job by all means because of the security and prestige that comes with it most times. But this shouldn't always be the case if there are better ways to become a job creator yourself.

Nothing bad in it, but some of graduate do not want to start from zero, they want realdy made work instead to start their own business and become own boss. That is what makes many graduate stay longer at home before they get Job.
But there is nothing wrong for graduates looking for blue collar job doesn't mean that if such work is not available you should keep on waiting for it, one need to create one for he/ herself is very good to start from small instead of waiting for for blue collar job.

The major reason is because the school curriculum teaches so many students how to be employed instead of how to create their own businesses. this is one of the reason why vocational education can actually produce more millionaires than universities. Most universities teach students how to get clothes and work for other people had.

Well in my country most graduate pursue blue collar jobs because of the way there is no job opportunity in my country and things are hard even to get a Blue collar job self you need some one that know someone to put you there.

A lot of people graduated to have a reasonable jobs to do, most of the blue collar job are something that can be done even without proper academic qualification and I don't see the need for people to pass through tertiary institutions institution just to come back to something they could have done without going through education.

Blue collar jobs aren't bad in themselves but they are quite stressful and for someone who just graduate hoping for a white collar job. It will be seen as a disappointment on their part because they aren't prepared for it it before then.

I believe that this is because a lot of them think that White collar jobs are less stressful and also they come with a lot of prestige even if they're not going to be making a lot of money.

I believe that this is because a lot of them think that White collar jobs are less stressful and also they come with a lot of prestige even if they're not going to be making a lot of money.
Lolz, for me earning money is the most important thing I always consider when thinking of going into any business or employment and not because of a prestigious position. Position does not matter if your earning Is Not enough.

Nothing bad in it, but some of graduate do not want to start from zero, they want realdy made work instead to start their own business and become own boss. That is what makes many graduate stay longer at home before they get Job.
That is true,because most ersons who are just leaving school usually have this mindset of working for an esterblished outfit and when that is not fort coming they cannot think of any alternative.

One of the major things that school teaches people is how to get employed and get paid. It will be hard before you see a school that teaches people how to start their own businesses except you are going into a business school.

The mentality of many graduate is to get a good job and thats the main purpose of having to go through schools to study for more than four to six years and study .

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds