Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why do so many graduates refuse to learn a profitable skill?

Many graduates have erroneous perceptions of the job market. They feel that because they are graduates, they have all they need to acquire a job, which is not the case. Education can assist you in obtaining employment, but it does not guarantee employment. To get a career, you'll also require professional skills.

Advertisement Placeholder
It makes me to wander, someone might have the idea to earn money online but he or she will refuse to learn a profitable skill to earn money.

If we are going to be entirely honest a lot of the graduates today are very lazy and do not want to work. They believed that learning handful skills are for those who did not receive any formal education.

It is not all that refuse to learn, but some that have chosen not to learn will not learn.. I know a lot of graduate that are not even earning from their degree but they have learnt a skill that I help them to improve their life .it all depends on individual and their mindset.

We (graduates ) refuses to learn profitable works like business and handiwork, because we prefer working for the government because we are graduates, but my orientation was changed by a friend and that was what prompt me to learn baking business.

But nowadays I see so many graduates learning different skills, the high rate of unemployment makes them realise that they need these skills to be financially independent.

Learning a new skill takes time and finding a job after learning that skill also requires additional time. This is why it is much much to get prepared for economical crisis before the crisis actually hit you really hard. This is something many people do not realize at all and face problems later.

A lot of graduates have a wrong notion about the job market. Since they are graduate, they tend to believe that they have what it needs to get a job, which is not true. Education helps you to secure a job but education does not guarantee job. You also need professional skills to get a job.

Many graduates were fooled to believe that after schooling they'll secure white collar jobs base on what the studied. Base on this wrong belive many of them have refused to learn a profitable skill to help them.

Sometimes there's no one to support them, even if they want to learn a profitable skill, but it is good not to give up because skills can help you when government fail you.

Lack of orientation, foresight, guidance, uncreative mind and false ideology are but to mention a few reasons why most graduates do not have any skill that can serve as a medium of employment and source of income.

you cannot blame most of the graduates as they already have it in mind that they are going to get their dream jobs once they graduate from the school. It is not in there thinking to go back to the workshop and learn a profitable skills as they often see themselves above that level.

But nowadays I see so many graduates learning different skills, the high rate of unemployment makes them realise that they need these skills to be financially independent.
Some years ago a lot of graduates we are not very serious about learning skills but today it is very obvious that the government is not ready to provide more jobs for them to get employed when they graduate which is why they realise that having a skill is very important for their survival.

A lot of graduates have a wrong notion about the job market. Since they are graduate, they tend to believe that they have what it needs to get a job, which is not true. Education helps you to secure a job but education does not guarantee job. You also need professional skills to get a job
They actually used to believe that the government of their country is going to provide a decent working job for all of them but they have seen that it's not something that is possible which they are all suffering the consequences now.

It is not all graduate that refuse to learn a skill , a lot of them were able to learn one skill or the other during their youth services and so on , but some chose not to learn a skill best on the reason known to them.

Graduates fails to learn profitable skills because they believe that getting a white collar job is the main reason why they went to schools and they must achieve the aim of getting that job.

Most of the profitable skill you might be talking about could be an online skill and in most cases , it is not everyone that would really have the interest in these online business. They are just interested to work offline.

There are a lot of them who are just lazy and that is just it. There are so many skills that you can be able to learn online for free but they just want to be spoon-fed and stay in the office from morning to night.

I might call it lack of orientation but not foresight , many graduates were being brainwashed that going to school and getting a degree will give them a better life than the people who did not go to school and that's why they believe they don't need to learn a trade.
Lack of orientation, foresight, guidance, uncreative mind and false ideology are but to mention a few reasons why most graduates do not have any skill that can serve as a medium of employment and source of income.

Those that put their belief much in the white collar job are those who may not possibly learn a skill. For me before getting into the higher institution I will try as much as possible to learn different type of skill , it might possibly help me in different ways to make money

The mentality that was impacted into us by our parents and leactures is that a white collar job is waiting for us out there if we finish our education not knowing they are just saying that to motivate us to face our studies,

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds