Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

White collar and Blue Collar job, whch of them is better?

With the situation of things in the world today, I'll advise the young graduates not to wait for any white-collar job instead they should start up a business or learn a skill

Advertisement Placeholder
First off I don't have strength, most blue collar jobs I don't think I would be able to execute them properly, I wasn't trained this way. Prefer white collar

My advice to young graduates: learn a skill.
It is the skill you learn today that will put you in a business line tomorrow.
Stop waiting for the government to provide jobs for almost a billion people.
Let's consider the situation of thing in the world. Businesses are collapsing, offices sacks, a lot of people are jobless, all in the name of Covid-19. What is your advice to the young graduates?

Education of today is just to get knowledge and be useful to yourself and the society by being independent. If you rely on white collar job then your reality has not yet dawned because they're a lot 9f graduates roaming the street without a foresight. We should use our education as a tool and not wait for failed promises from government.

I think it depends on your earnings and job satisfaction from the job. I'd go for any one that will fetch me enough money and also guarantee me satisfaction while working.

Up to this day, there is confusion in discerning blue from white collar jobs. There has been some stigma attached to some, most especially to blue collar jobs. Nevertheless, both job types have their own set of pros and cons.

white collar jobs were named as such because these jobs originally required the worker to wear a shirt that is colored white either with a tie or without one. These jobs are often those that require the employee to wear a tie and work within the safe confines of the four walls of their offices, stores, schools and the like. Nevertheless, it can be safely said that the era of wearing the traditional white shirt and tie has already faded away. Still, many professionals like doctors and lawyers still don their ties and perhaps couple it with a white coat (especially for the medical doctors) to give an impression of a more serious stance.

On the contrary, blue collar jobs are not necessarily jobs that require the worker to wear blue shirts or polo. It is rather an expression which emphasizes that these employees work in a non-management position like those jobs that may involve workers becoming dirtier because of physically working a little harder. Often, these are the jobs that require protection clothing. So, perhaps the confusion sets in when one would label being a doctor as a blue collar job because most of them wear a doctor’s coat or mask for protection. Medical doctors are white collar workers! Blue collar workers are the auto mechanics, drivers, and factory employees.

Unfortunately, there is an undeniable presence of a stigma for blue collar jobs. People often become too judgemental and say that these jobs are just plain ‘dirty,’ literally. Even if most of these jobs are more laborious, not to mention dangerous for the employee because of the workplace they report to, this does not always hold true to all cases.
Wow amazing write up. I would go for which pays better and obviously white collar jobs tends to yield more money . If there are blue collar jobs out there yielding more money than the white, I would consider it

Well, my advice to young graduates I'd for them to understand that the white collar jobs can't possibly go round, as a matter of fact, 80% or even 90% of them won't get a job so it's best to create your own business and earn from it

Well for me I actually prefer white collar job,I know my capabilities and I know what I can do and so u don't think I am cut out for blue collar job and I can do the white collar jobs

Let's consider the situation of thing in the world. Businesses are collapsing, offices sacks, a lot of people are jobless, all in the name of Covid-19. What is your advice to the young graduates?
Personally I don't really care whether it's a white collar job or a blue collar job but what matters to me is being able to make money from any kind of job that I'm doing that will help me to take care of my responsibilities.

Between a job that allows you to sit on a cabin all day long and a job that requires you to carry a heavy load, which one will you choose. I guess, I do not have to answer the question.

You have to understand that this is not going to last forever. It's already been almost a year since all of this madness started, for how long do you think it can last? They are pretty close at finding a vaccine, most countries have already found it they just have to test it and start using it. So it will probably last for maximum a few more months and then things can start getting back to normal. Everyone was affected by the virus, so it's not just a category or people or businesses that got affected.

Tell me any one is just better , but most people most especially graduate will always preferred a white collar job because they cannot withstand working in a blue collar job, but sometimes the lucrativeness of a business is always the most important thing to me.

Education of today is just to get knowledge and be useful to yourself and the society by being independent. If you rely on white collar job then your reality has not yet dawned because they're a lot 9f graduates roaming the street without a foresight. We should use our education as a tool and not wait for failed promises from government.
You're right, especially in this country.
Young graduates should go out there and hunt for skills which can fetch them money. White collar jobs are now very scarce coupled with the huge population of graduates released by institutions yearly.
You're right, especially in this country.
Young graduates should go out there and hunt for skills which can fetch them money. White collar jobs are now very scarce coupled with the huge population of graduates released by institutions yearly.

I have there waiting for a white collar job and it has affected me negatively gravely for good five years before I decided to start my own offline business and also starts working online.
With the situation of things in the world today, I'll advise the young graduates not to wait for any white-collar job instead they should start up a business or learn a skill

I think that graduates should be flexible enough to do both blue collar and white collar jobs. Especially in this day and age where getting white collar jobs has become so hard. So they can learn to survive by doing blue collar jobs while trying their luck by applying to white collar jobs.

Let me laugh out. I have never heard of the statement, blue collar job before. All I have heard is white collar job. Well selplf employment is the best employment so far but our higher institution of learning has failed to teach our Graduates financial independent courses and skills acquisition.

Tell me any one is just better , but most people most especially graduate will always preferred a white collar job because they cannot withstand working in a blue collar job, but sometimes the lucrativeness of a business is always the most important thing to me.
I have been dreaming of a white collar job before I graduated from the university because its the dream of every graduates to have a white collar job, but we fail to realise that there's no enough job out there.

I have been dreaming of a white collar job before I graduated from the university because its the dream of every graduates to have a white collar job, but we fail to realise that there's no enough job out there.
I really thank God I understand this earlier , even if I goes into the university I need to study what I can come back to do because I don't really have to depend on the government , the government even stated openly that there is no employment.. what a bad leadership.

White collar jobs tend to pay better than blue collar jobs. But, there are exceptions – for example, a skilled machine operator might make more money than a bank teller. Education. Many white collar jobs require degrees, so workers in these professions are usually more educated than blue collar workers.

As far as I'm concerned I believe that the most important thing for you to worry about is being able to make money from any kind of work that you are into because it is the money that is important and not the nature of the job.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds