Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you see a graduate becoming a full-time farmer

Education they said, is a good legacy. But reverse is the case in some developing countries like Nigeria. In my country Nigeria, every young graduate want a white collar job, but few of them consider a blue collar. I am beginning to see African continent as a food basket of the world in future if graduates are ready to move into Farming. I see Africans providing foods to the world and making things happen as a results of our vast land mass. But, it's not like that now, our resources are not worthy any longer since we all want to travel out of our country to a well developed countries, all in the name of greener pastures. Well, can you advice a graduate to move into full-time farming? Let's hear your opinion.
When it comes to how someone wants to live his life there is nothing wrong with chosen to become a farmer when you have actually completed your education as long as you are able to employ whatever thing you learnt in the university in your farming activities.

Advertisement Placeholder
If that person loves to work with the soil, and have a deeper and profound connection with the earth, yea why not, he will be wealthy by doing that, nature is us and we grow together,
I actually have good reason to believe that the world is actually hungry enough that more farmers are needed in order for them to produce more fruit for people to eat otherwise hunger is going to make the world suffer.

Many graduate becoming farmers due to area of specialization. Some did agriculture,and some are not doing it but they have interest in it due to massive unemployment in country. This make graduates to become permanent farmers.

In Nigeria being a farmer is not a problem, how to stop herders from destroying farm products with their cattle is the main problem, there have been lost of many lives due to farmer herders crash.

Although this may sound funny but it's very possible for graduate to become a full-time farmer, the provision of employment in this country is the main reason why I feel it is possible, since government cannot provide employment for graduate,then in no time, they will go into farming and other businesses
It does not really sound funny because it's common now to see graduates in the agricultural sector not mainly because of lack of employment but because of the profitability that is eminent there.

I do see graduates becoming full-time farmers if there are opportunities to be one. The thing is, people may have the desire to till the land, but are they given opportunities to own the land? In many cases, it's the government that sets the direction. Our government used to support agriculture-oriented courses by offering generous scholarship grants to deserving students. Nowadays, they are favoring STEM-related courses because this is what global trends indicate and this is what it believes will propel the country's development.​

If it is the choice of the graduate to work in the farm there is nothing bad in it. We all have freedom to pursue our heart desire. They are rich people out there who are also a farmer by profession.

Though I am a graduate and i am also a part time farmer but my brother is a graduate and he has up to 30hectares of farmland which he has been cultivating for the past three years.

Although this may sound funny but it's very possible for graduate to become a full-time farmer, the provision of employment in this country is the main reason why I feel it is possible, since government cannot provide employment for graduate,then in no time, they will go into farming and other businesses
Personally, I'm actually trying to see the possibility of starting a fisherman because it is a business that is very creative today in my country and a lot of people are making profit from it.

Yea, I'm not seeing graduates becoming farmers but,I have Seen graduates become farmer . It hurts and what's making it so is because no graduates want to become a self employer the all want to be employed by the government and the government is becoming something else
Recently, a lot of projects in my country are very much open into becoming farmers because it is something that has become very popular today as a means of survival for the society.

It is never bad move or idea for a graduate to become a farmer for instance in my country due to lack of unemployment many graduates had chosen farming as a career

Graduates mostly don't like doing farm work, they feel they are above such kind of a tedious work.
So when it happens that they graduate and they does not see work to do, most of them even prefers to do labourer's job than farming. There is this resentment to farming that everyone has these days.
Fish farming is one of the most common things that even graduates are going into right now as a result of lack of jobs in the society in which the fish farming business is a safe haven business for all of them.

One thing and factor that are used to access a nation,is its ability to provide what it needs,including food security.In most developed world,they take agriculture very seriouslly and it is their top priority.

Theres nothing wrong with a graduate becoming a full time farmer , though I am into part time farming and my brother is a graduate and he's into full time mechanised farming because we know its importance and the gain in farming.

Farming is a very delicate part of the economy because no matter how much people do they have to eat at least twice in a day. I am not going to be surprised if I see a graduate in the firm provided that what they are doing has good vision and it is profitable to them.

People believe farming is a delicate job and also a hard job destined for an illiterate but more graduates eyes have been opened to the benefits of farming currently because its a gold mine.

Yes so many of them are now concentrating in farming because they have come to understand how profitable the business is most especially those that deal with farming as a course in the university. But at the times some of them are too proud to engage in this because they just consider it to be a dirty job.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with farming and I just hope that a lot of people are going to understand that it is even a very good business opportunity that is necessary for life.

Though i am not full time farmer but i have at least 10hectares of farm land which i am farming on but my brother and some of his friends are full time farmers and they are graduates .

Yes, I see that many newly graduated teachers choose to work as a full time farmer here in Japan over their home countries due to the attractive pay.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds