Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Dealing with some bad employees

1. Listen. Often, when an employee is difficult we stop paying attention to what's actually going on. ...
  2. Give clear, behavioral feedback. ...
  3. Document. ...
  4. Be consistent. ...
  5. Set consequences if things don't change. ...
  6. Work through the company's processes. ...
  7. Don't poison the well. ...
  8. Manage your self-talk.

Advertisement Placeholder
A bad employee is one a company's workers must contend with. Businesses must show patience and experience to work around these individuals. Often, a company actually wants to consider whether they are doing what they are doing before firing them. Prosecuting a bad employee harshly can bring detrimental effects down on the company, and often, one needs to know the explanation that someone is being bad. Perhaps the company's employees will think less about them. In situations where attitudes outweigh the bad employee's behavior, so they should be fired. Sometimes, a lifetime duration of suspension would do. Several organizations clearly define punishments by their own rules and regulations.

Under the normal circumstance, an employee must give respect to his employer. The employer is his boss as regards Jo at that point in time. As regards the incident, the said employee was so rude because the instant the other colleagues corrected him he ought to heed to correction. If it were me, I would fire him so as to serve as lesson to others
[automerge]1613054941[/automerge]
Under the normal circumstance, an employee must give respect to his employer. The employer is his boss as regards Jo at that point in time. As regards the incident, the said employee was so rude because the instant the other colleagues corrected him he ought to heed to correction. If it were me, I would fire him so as to serve as lesson to others

When a small business has an employee who is difficult to work with, it can drain productivity and create a hostile work environment. Business owners and managers need to employees directly, discussing the behavioral and performance issues and creating a clear plan moving forward to address the issues. Managers should monitor the progress of difficult employees and if the performance doesn’t improve with feedback and resources, you may need to fire the problem employee for the sake of your business’s performance and the morale of other workers.

It is often difficult to monitor other workers, for example, they often can have poor habits at work. You ought to have rules and ethics that can not be breached in order to comply with them at the same time. Each work setting has guidelines that the workers are required to comply with. Since you have the authority to issue rules/laws that are broken by your own staff, you can suggest exercising the power in this matter.

There’s a difference between a difficult employee and a toxic one, says Dylan Minor, an assistant professor at the Kellogg School of Management who studies this topic. “I call them toxic because not only do they cause harm but they also spread their behavior to others,” she explains. “There’s a pattern of de-energizing, frustrating or putting down teammates,” adds Christine Porath, an associate professor at Georgetown and the author of Mastering Civility:

There are different people with different attitudes, but when it comes to business rules are rules, any employee that disobeys the company rules, is simply against the company and the best that could be done is suspension, if that employee continues with the same attitude he/she should be layed off.

It is important strict office protocol be followed at all offices, punishment for indiscipline should be let known to all staffs on appointment and under no circumstance should foul language be allowed at the office not to talk of using a foul language towards a superior staff. Punishment that goes with the offence should be followed according to the constitution of the office.

I don't see the need to manage a bad employee the only way to manage them is to sack them because a bad employee can actually bring down your business, when it comes to business and relationship with client a bad employee is not something to consider because they might bring bad image to the company or organisation,but if someone make mistake just warn them and make them to understand what they did was wrong and advise them to do it no more,
Dealing with bad employees is so difficult.Employees are one of the most valuable assets for a business.for good or bad, employee performance largely dictates your company's performance.

A good way to deal with employees is to set specific consequences for all their actions. It’s possible that your plan for improvement with a difficult employee will fail if you don’t set clear consequences if the behavior doesn’t change within the agreed upon timeframe. Consequences can include a formal written warning, not being eligible for promotions or bonuses and in more severe situations, termination of their employment. Employees likely won’t change their behavior unless continuing it will affect them negatively.

Some employee needs some spanking on the but and even the worst complete sack from work at times.
This topic was informed by an incident that happened at my workplace sometime ago, my colleague at work i.e an employee to my boss was being so disrespectful to our boss, just because our boss was trying to correct him on some blunders he made at work. He flared up and started using cuss words on our boss, we as fellow colleagues tried to calm him down and shut him up but still he refused.
At the end of the day, our boss only gave him two days suspension 😲.
If you were my boss, what would you have done to him?
Like seriously, some employees makes thevwork difficult and stressful for other s, this is mostly frequent amongst employees that gain the work through connection or related to the boss. To curb them out, you set a target and if they dont meet it. Their job should be on the line.
[automerge]1613055696[/automerge]
Some employee needs some spanking on the but and even the worst complete sack from work at times.
This topic was informed by an incident that happened at my workplace sometime ago, my colleague at work i.e an employee to my boss was being so disrespectful to our boss, just because our boss was trying to correct him on some blunders he made at work. He flared up and started using cuss words on our boss, we as fellow colleagues tried to calm him down and shut him up but still he refused.
At the end of the day, our boss only gave him two days suspension 😲.
If you were my boss, what would you have done to him?
Like seriously, some employees makes thevwork difficult and stressful for other s, this is mostly frequent amongst employees that gain the work through connection or related to the boss. To curb them out, you set a target and if they dont meet it. Their job should be on the line.

Be critical, not people. ...

Listen to your opinion ...

Give a clear direction. ...

Document Problem Behavior. ...

Consult the HR department. ...

Work together on a solution. ...

Write down the expectations. ...

Set specific results.

I believe good rapport should be established between employee and employer, some bosses are too boossy (exercising power over their employees) although in this case I don't really know who is at fault but if I happen to be the boss here, I will ensure I understand the reason for such action and then create roon for the employee to express his or her reason for that then give warning or corrections as the case may be.

I do not have time to tolerate any bad employee anyone who behave badly and it's not ready to work in a particular company or organisation should be sacked because maybe they are not ready to work or maybe their agent that they sent to come and run down your business.

1. Critique Behavior, Not People. ...
  2. Listen to Feedback. ...
  3. Give Clear Direction. ...
  4. Document Problematic Behavior. ...
  5. Consult the HR Department. ...
  6. Work Together Toward a Solution. ...
  7. Write Down Expectations. ...
  8. Set Specific Consequences.
  9. I don't see the need to manage a bad employee the only way to manage them is to sack them because a bad employee can actually bring down your business, when it comes to business and relationship with client a bad employee is not something to consider because they might bring bad image to the company or organisation,but if someone make mistake just warn them and make them to understand what they did was wrong and advise them to do it no more,

The way your colleague behaved was deplorable. That's not the way to behave in an office. If I were his boss, I would have raised this with HR and given him a written warning. There are some sackable offences where people are shown the door on the spot. This is not one of them, but it's very close. So I'd give him a written warning, tell him he was being watched and if he did it again, it would be an instant dismissal.

Listen. Often, when an employee is difficult we stop paying attention to what's actually going on. ...
Give clear, behavioral feedback. ...
Document. ...
Be consistent. ...
Set consequences if things don't change. ...
Work through the company's processes. ...
Don't poison the well. ...
Manage your self-talk

10 Ways to Deal with Difficult Employees

Evaluate Behavior, Not People.

Tune in to Feedback.

Provide Clear Guidance.

Report Problematic Behavior.

Counsel the HR Department.

Work Together Toward a Solution.

Record Expectations.

Set Specific Consequences.

Psyche you be careful with TCPGaming, they're trick .

As a business owner or an employer, there is a likelihood of you coming in contact with this kind of employee, the reason is that almost all of this character based on the experience we, not peradventure weary me or make me feel somehow because this kind of character happens often.

10 Ways to Deal with Difficult Employees
  1. Critique Behavior, Not People. ...
  2. Listen to Feedback. ...
  3. Give Clear Direction. ...
  4. Document Problematic Behavior. ...
  5. Consult the HR Department. ...
  6. Work Together Toward a Solution. ...
  7. Write Down Expectations. ...
  8. Set Specific Consequences.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds