Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Dealing with some bad employees

it can seem easier to ignore a person's bad behavior than to interact with that person. Provide clear feedback. Instead of complaining about disrespectful employees, give them feedback. Document incidents. Be consistent. Enforce rules.

Advertisement Placeholder
Part of being aboss is managing your surbordinate or employees.If not managed properly there will be high rate of staff turnover which also comes with cost and negative brand.Some employees face personal challenge tehy are unable to control to not bother on the job .It's sometimes good to check if the employee is emotionally stable, give constructive criticism,feedback on action plan and the possible future outcome where changes are not met.Documentation of all interaction is important for future reference.

i personally don't make relationships inside a group of people until i observe the behavior of people that are around, so not approaching them at the first place is the only solution you can do, so they won't dare approaching you too

bad employees are inevitable in any business setup and the important thing is that you have to be careful in employing workers in order bot to make the wrong mistake because the success of a business also include the type of employees.bad employees should be corrected and reprimanded but if it's beyond control then you have to let go

1. Listen. Often, when an employee is difficult we stop paying attention to what's actually going on. ...
  2. Give clear, behavioral feedback. ...
  3. Document. ...
  4. Be consistent. ...
  5. Set consequences if things don't change. ...
  6. Work through the company's processes. ...
  7. Don't poison the well. ...
  8. Manage your self-talk.Talk to the person to try to understand what's causing the behavior. Give concrete, specific feedback and offer the opportunity to change. Look for ways to minimize interactions between the toxic employee and the rest of your team.

Some employee needs some spanking on the but and even the worst complete sack from work at times.
This topic was informed by an incident that happened at my workplace sometime ago, my colleague at work i.e an employee to my boss was being so disrespectful to our boss, just because our boss was trying to correct him on some blunders he made at work. He flared up and started using cuss words on our boss, we as fellow colleagues tried to calm him down and shut him up but still he refused.
At the end of the day, our boss only gave him two days suspension 😲.
If you were my boss, what would you have done to him?
An outright termination of appointment in some these insurburdination by some employees might not be out of order. Not all cases of insurburdination are as it seems in some cases though I must add.

In case you're objecting to a specific worker, it's essential to plunk down with them and have an open conversation about their conduct. It's best not to appear to be undermining, but rather you actually should be paid attention to as the chief.

Hurling abusive words at place of work reflects a negative work attitude and ethics. This act shouldn’t be tolerated at a place of works cause it can affect the reputation of the company. Any employees who’s engaged in such act should be sacked with immediate effect for disobeying the company’s ethics

Well it depends on the agreement you had with the employer you can talk with the person face-to-face and let the the person explained all his challenges to you with this you understand the reason a bad employee is behaving that way and you will know the next action to take.

As there are workers who work for the good of the company, some employees actually do the opposite.
At the first discovery of such workers, they should be put on probation and issued a stern warning as against their next time repeating the error
When employees persist in their bad behaviour, then drastic actions must be taking against them

Dealing with bad employees, you need to have a one on one discussion with them, know the cause of their behaviour and try and give a possible solution. Then if he doesn't change, you get him sacked.

In every Industry or organization they are always there, the very bad ones that tend to bring down the company knowingly or unknowingly.
It is your responsibility as a business owner to sort them out and remove them from your company if you don't remove them they are certain to bring your company down.

Some employee needs some spanking on the but and even the worst complete sack from work at times.
This topic was informed by an incident that happened at my workplace sometime ago, my colleague at work i.e an employee to my boss was being so disrespectful to our boss, just because our boss was trying to correct him on some blunders he made at work. He flared up and started using cuss words on our boss, we as fellow colleagues tried to calm him down and shut him up but still he refused.
At the end of the day, our boss only gave him two days suspension 😲.
If you were my boss, what would you have done to him?
Dealing with bad employees is a sensitive matter because if they know you are after them, they might cause more damage. The best way to deal with bad employees is to take them unaware in any of your actions. It is key to undergo background check before employing a person and continues check when the person is already employed.

Give input on what practices the representatives need to change. Maintain the emphasis on gathering the objectives of the mission to diminish protectiveness and limit payoff. You'll need to clarify that you are not reprimanding them actually, however giving them data to improve execution. Ensure you report key focuses so you have an establishment for making a move if the representatives conduct doesn't change.

Be steady and just location issues you are happy to keep up. Workers are watching what you accomplish more than they are focusing on what you state. On the off chance that you set a norm yet grant conduct that doesn't fulfill that guideline, irregularity will impart that principles are adaptable and unsure.
Nearly every manager I’ve ever consulted to or coached has told me about having at least one employee who’s not so great. I’ve come to think of it as an almost inevitable part of the manager’s professional landscape: there’s generally that one (or more) employee who doesn’t perform well, or is difficult to deal with, or has a hard time getting along with others, or means well but just doesn’t ever quite do what’s expected, or….
And the unfortunate thing is, most managers get held hostage to these folks, spending a disproportionate amount of time, thought and emotional energy on them. Often hovering on the verge of letting them go for years, but never quite being able (for a variety of reasons) to pull the trigger.

For employees with a bad attitude, first, address the issue verbally. Then in written form, if no improvement is made. Give them a period of time to correct the behavior and have a follow-up meeting scheduled. If no improvement is made, issue a final warning, with termination being the outcome for no improvement.

Most people think sacking a bad employee is the best way to deal with him but I think sacking should be the last resort, when all other options have failed.
Suspension is still a good punishment to consider before outright sacking, place the erring employee under probation and warn him.

This is actually funny because in other cases with other employers they would have taken action by giving such employee a sack letter. I really admire the character of your employer

Listen. Often, when an employee is difficult we stop paying attention to what's actually going on. ...
Give clear, behavioral feedback. ...
Document. ...
Be consistent. ...
Set consequences if things don't change. ...
Work through the company's processes. ...
Don't poison the well. ...
Manage your self-talk.

This is a clear case of over familiarity, some employers try to get close to their workers in order not to be seen as being too bossy, but some employees mistook that as a weakness and capitalize on that to become wayward and insubordinate.

If I'm hour boss, I will give him two weeks suspension without pay, if it's his first time and I will make him to understand that any such behavior will earn him outright sack.

How you can deal with bad employee is to try to give them instructions and discipline in the workplace.
Bad employee is not something anybody should pray for.
If you happen to have a bad employee if they persistently bad what you have to do is to sack them.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds