Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Dealing with some bad employees

Dealing with bad emloyess is a very sensitive matter. There should be some defined pshychology and condtions to deal with bad employess. They can' t be treated with anger and wrath, but with politeness and with with good temperament.

Advertisement Placeholder
some employees so called boss are so mean and wicked, some of them those their wicked act intentionally with the aim of hurting there staffS or workers.while some act wicked without knowing that there act is hurting somebody else. So when working with such all you have to do is to be patient.

Well it was your boss's choice to give him just 2 days suspension. He probably feels that the employee still offers something good to the company, whatever his reason, I believe the suspension will serve as a lesson for the employee to learn how to show respect to his boss.
As for how I will handle the situation, it will depend on so many factors.

Some employee needs some spanking on the but and even the worst complete sack from work at times.
This topic was informed by an incident that happened at my workplace sometime ago, my colleague at work i.e an employee to my boss was being so disrespectful to our boss, just because our boss was trying to correct him on some blunders he made at work. He flared up and started using cuss words on our boss, we as fellow colleagues tried to calm him down and shut him up but still he refused.
At the end of the day, our boss only gave him two days suspension 😲.
If you were my boss, what would you have done to him?
Problem employees aren’t just irritating, they can also be financially draining for a business. Research shows that these employees can cost an organization up to $8,000 a day by eroding trust, reducing output and innovation, and lowering the motivation and cohesion of their work group, according to the Center for Creative Leadership.

Dealing with bad employee only. Way to manage them to sack them . You need to be patince and try to know the reason why he or she behaves like this . Sometime every person behave such like he or she himself do not know and done without knowing . So be patince

In every business environment rules are given to be abide to. So I believe you have power over your employees, you can issue them rules/laws that shouldn't be violated. Let them know the rules and regulations of your business. And also tell them the punishment involved when those rules are violated. Some of your punishment should include dismissal from work and deduction of salary.

Dealing with bad employees is somehow complicated because people will think that you are the boss that is why you're treating home like that. Op boss tried a lot some boss would have sack the guy for indulging behaviour, as an employee you don't have to argue with you boss

Some employee needs some spanking on the but and even the worst complete sack from work at times.
This topic was informed by an incident that happened at my workplace sometime ago, my colleague at work i.e an employee to my boss was being so disrespectful to our boss, just because our boss was trying to correct him on some blunders he made at work. He flared up and started using cuss words on our boss, we as fellow colleagues tried to calm him down and shut him up but still he refused.
I a person who was will be dealing to his employees friendly, will be a good boss one day. Because employee is the real image of boss that how he gets work from them. Your boss should have tricks to calm him down, or should talked to him in a way that he stay calm. Of course there are many people who become angry without any reason but one should try to talk in such a way that they stay calm and listen to you.

I had to deal with a lot of bad clients. After I delievered my service, they said they were not satisfied and they even filed dispute with paypal saying they never received the product. I have had financial loss due to these disputes.

From your narative of your colleague and your boss,it shows that that colleague of yours is not discipline and respecful.If not for anything atleast he should have respected the office,no matter how small the boss might be.It also shows he can't submit to authority.The boss was just lineant on him,he would have gotten an outright sack.

10 ways to deal with difficult employees

Be critical, not people. ...

Listen to your opinion ...

Give a clear direction. ...

Document Problem Behavior. ...

Consult the HR department. ...

Work together on a solution. ...

Write down the expectations. ...

Set specific results.

You should have a two-way conversation with the challenging employee. Listen to their feedback so you can understand where the problem lies and acknowledge any workplace issues that might be contributing to the negative behavior. Sometimes, just feeling listened to is enough for the employee to feel better and improve their behavior.

Disrespectful staff should be corrected like once or twice for him or her to know he is wrong, but I boss should correct staff in a polite way and if the staff claim he or she should not be corrected then the employee has to leave the company for other people who are ready.

Any employee that causes trouble should be suspended or asked to leave the job. I see no reason why you keep an employee that actually corrupt others if given time to mingle with them. No employee should use cuss words on his boss.

If I were the boss, if it is not outright termination then the suspension would be longer than that. Handling misdemeanor like this matters because it will affect subsequent actions from other employees. I may be a little lenient if it was the employee's first time and he/she had a very genuine reason.

Having some bad employees at a place of work is inevitable. If I were your boss, I would have also suspended him but with a length time frame. He would have gone for a 2weeks suspension such that his salary would have been affected.

If you want to succeed in your company, you must not give chance to any bad egg to corrupt the good ones. Kick the hell out of your business life else be prepared to wail the rest of your life
There no room for slacking or negligence in successful company, therefore do not tolerate a bad egg to avoid crisis

Being the head in an organization is not easy because you will get to meet different set of people. If an employee is being rude despite warnings, I will make sure to rip him off his job. This would deter others from doing same.

I think we should give them chance and time to work properly and honestly instead of sacking them and using abusive words on them anyone can make mistake but what matters is how you react to your mistakes and changes for the better.

Try to understand what's causing this behaviour and see what you can both do to change that. Do not give threats, but ifThere are ways to limit the harm they do. ... There's a difference between a difficult employee and a ... Managing a toxic person can eat up your time, energy, ...

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds