Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Dealing with some bad employees

With your illustration above, that your colleague and your boss may have secret that your boss may not want him to expose or maybe there is cordial relationship between them because for him to get the gut of abusing his boss, something must be hidden. Dealing with bad employee is two ways either by suspension or by sack depends on heavy the he/she committed.

Advertisement Placeholder
When you not you have a bad employee in your organization, to my experience you should lay him or her off because he might cause you a damage that may lead to the end of that organization, or he may corrupt other employees with his bad attitude.

There is no way you will own a business without finding people who are difficult to manage. Your boss is a very matured man and a good businessman to the core if not most bosses would have gotten that employee arrested. If I am to be in in your boss's shoes I would valued or weigh the importance of that particular employee to determine the kind of judgement I will pass on him the two-week suspension your boss gave him is a very fair deal.

Some employee needs some spanking on the but and even the worst complete sack from work at times.
thumbnail.jpg

Click Here!
Find Behavioral Here!​
semp.net​
This topic was informed by an incident that happened at my workplace sometime ago, my colleague at work i.e an employee to my boss was being so disrespectful to our boss, just because our boss was trying to correct him on some blunders he made at work. He flared up and started using cuss words on our boss, we as fellow colleagues tried to calm him down and shut him up but still he refused.
thumbnail.jpg

Click Here!
Find Behaviour Here!​
semp.net​
At the end of the day, our boss only gave him two days suspension 😲.
If you were my boss, what would you have done to him?
So many employees have really suffered from the hands of their employers especially here in Nigeria where labour laws are very weak. You just have to learn how to tolerate all the insults especially if you don't have any job for now. Many employers are ruthless and heartless.

You need to be an expert in dealing with difficult employees as a company owner, manager or HR leader.

A challenging worker is not just an issue between one worker and another. Discontent can fester and become a major distraction if one individual makes life difficult for the company.

It is important strict office protocol be followed at all offices, punishment for indiscipline should be let known to all staffs on appointment and under no circumstance should foul language be allowed at the office not to talk of using a foul language towards a superior staff. Punishment that goes with the offence should be followed according to the constitution of the office.

This works sometimes, but the staff wouldn't have freedom of expression.

Start with advising, re-preparing and attempt to help the representative. In the event that the worker actually doesn't perform adequate, attempt other preparing techniques or start disciplinary strategies (thinking of them up, sending them to representative guiding). Additionally, it's essential to check if there's some motivation behind why they are failing to meet expectations (maybe managing a debilitated relative, some other individual issues.

It is good to punish bad employees because in a business, their must be rules and regulations which must guide the working guide line of a business whereby any one go against the rule will be publish according to the rules and regulations .

Dealing with bad emloyess is a very sensitive matter. There should be some defined pshychology and condtions to deal with bad employess. They can' t be treated with anger and wrath, but with politeness and with with good temperament.

Some employee needs some spanking on the but and even the worst complete sack from work at times.
This topic was informed by an incident that happened at my workplace sometime ago, my colleague at work i.e an employee to my boss was being so disrespectful to our boss, just because our boss was trying to correct him on some blunders he made at work. He flared up and started using cuss words on our boss, we as fellow colleagues tried to calm him down and shut him up but still he refused.
I wish I were working with your boss too. I don't think that I would have acted differently if I were your boss. I believe that sometimes employees are in that space where they feel their knowledge is sufficient thus challenging them in public is a smear to their character (esp the insecure ones) thus the scenario could have been different had it been a private rebuke. So, I could be that liberal although I advice that all treat their insecurities and not make it a reason to act wrongly.

I had to resign from my last job cos of my crazy boss.
He is always into my nose and business
Idiot said I should be the last to close.
I cant go on leave like my colleagues just cos I'm the most junior staff on the team
That guy was so manipulative. & he is very smart at playing mind games.
When I was already having sleepless nights and feeling all bitter.
I just got fed up one day and went to drop my resignation letter.

Concerning your question on dealing with bad employees, I would say that dealing with bad employees is a very sensitive matter. There should be some defined pshychology and condtions to deal with bad employess. They can' t be treated with anger and wrath, but with politeness and with with good temperament. Empathy is a good trait for leaders

Dealing with bad employees can somehow be stressful. i admire the fact that your boss was patient with him and of course given a second chance by order suspending him for 2 days. some people would have sacked him be there today for trying to challenge them on the job in which was given to him by them.

I think the only way and if possibly the best way of dealing with a bad employee is to warn him or her and give him two extra chances to be a better employee. If he refuses to be reformed of his or her bad habits then i think it's time to fire such an employee for the good of my business organization and so that he or she doesn't corrupt other employees.

How you can deal with bad employee is to try to give them instructions and discipline in the workplace.
Bad employee is not something anybody should pray for.
If you happen to have a bad employee if they persistently bad what you have to do is to sack them.

Yea. But in every organization there will always be bad employees.

Dealing with bad employees, dealing with them is a very sensitive and difficult task. There is a lot of patience and courage to deal with them. They need to speak with gentleness and politeness. Instead of talking with anger، you should speak with them with happily mood.

It is so ridiculous how some employees misbehave to their employer at work. I see some of this behaviour as poor home training because how can you be so disrespectful to the person that pays your salary?

if an employee is going contrary to the terms and conditions amof the employment given to him when he was first employed, it's the duty of the employer to call him to order or better still let him know the implication in what he is doing and if he refuses to listen, fire him

The history of every hitherto company has been the history of mind struggle between the employer and the employee, the employer doesn't want the employee to get freedom while the employee doesn't want to continue under the suffering from his boss

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds