Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why less graduates pursue blue collar jobs?

It has been observed that only a few graduates are willing to go out and do some blue collar jobs that would bring them money, they tend to feel too big to do it. Why is this so? Is it bad for a graduate to do some blue collar jobs? You see some graduates who prefer to stay idle and broke rather than involve in Blue collar jobs that would help them make money. Is there anything bad for a graduate to do some blue collar jobs?
Its not bad and these days a lot of graduates are realising it, I know some presently who are learning skills like shoe making, poultry, fish farming some are even drivers on edrivers platform

Advertisement Placeholder
The rate of unemployment is becoming unbearable to so many graduates thus the migration to blue collar job. With covid 19 pandemic since last year has made so many company to wind up or not functioning at full capacity which results to loss of jobs. Blue collar jobs are not as bad as people made it to look.

Hmm..hmm...you don't have to generalise this... not all graduate but first class graduate... They are the one in this shoes, because they believe there first class will make them the boss at once...

Its not bad and these days a lot of graduates are realising it, I know some presently who are learning skills like shoe making, poultry, fish farming some are even drivers on edrivers platform
Sure there's really nothing bad in it, but some would prefer to beg than to use their energy to hustle In the street while hoping on God for a better future.

I do not think this your staticti is. correct. It is not. Too much graduates are going after blue collar jobs than less graduates as you claimed.

I think that the mistake that was made in many education systems was to teach people to finish school and find the specific jobs they studied for. Instead of teaching people to be skilled and create jobs, they taught them to be learned and seek jobs. This is such a big mess among many graduates that makes them to avoid blue collar jobs.
[automerge]1619004624[/automerge]
I think that the mistake that was made in many education systems was to teach people to finish school and find the specific jobs they studied for. Instead of teaching people to be skilled and create jobs, they taught them to be learned and seek jobs. This is such a big mess among many graduates that makes them to avoid blue collar jobs.

That is one of the mentality that has brought a lot of poverty and unemployment to developing countries especially my country, Nigeria. I actually see blue collar jobs as more lucrative than white collar jobs which is actually true.

True, also
There isn't anything wrong with it,but the problem is there are too many graduates and there isn't enough jobs , and the labour market is quite competitive. So many graduates would rather create a niche for themselves than engage in the struggle of the labour market.
Most graduates nowadays probably have plans of their own prior to school and after, so engaging in blue collar jobs might not be to their plans. Also some graduates might engage in blue collar jobs just to raise capital

That is one of the mentality that has brought a lot of poverty and unemployment to developing countries especially my country, Nigeria. I actually see blue collar jobs as more lucrative than white collar jobs which is actually true.
People who get involved in business tend to make more money than those who are working, though it seems government jobs offer more freedom than blue collar jobs.

It is only a matter of time before people come to their senses. A lot of people have been swindled into believing that if they go to school and graduate they are automatically assures a white collar job not knowing that is not the case at a.

Some graduates usually feel inferior and they believe that the blue collar jobs ,might really be a stress and burden to them so they don't want to think of involving in it

They tends to look for a white collar jobs due to the fact that they find it hard to find start their own means of livelihood due to lack of capital, enabling environment,support from the government or individual.and due to the fact nobody wants to start on their and wants to dependsoyou are on poino

They tends to look for a white collar jobs due to the fact that they find it hard to find start their own means of livelihood due to lack of capital, enabling environment,support from the government or individual.and due to the fact nobody wants to start on their and wants to depends on others.
You are on point. For a graduate to start his or her own business, he needs start-up capital for the business and to get that he will have to save some money that can easily be gotten if he works under someone for a period of time that he needs to raise tangible amount of money.

You are on point. For a graduate to start his or her own business, he needs start-up capital for the business and to get that he will have to save some money that can easily be gotten if he works under someone for a period of time that he needs to raise tangible amount of money.
There are even some brown collar job that doesn't need high capital like that,only that the person or graduates doesn't have passion for the job

I think this has to do a lot with the mindset which they grew up with. A lot of people were meant to be live schooling means you will get a white collar job and it really doesn't have to be that way at all.

It has been observed that only a few graduates are willing to go out and do some blue collar jobs that would bring them money, they tend to feel too big to do it.
Why is this so?
Is it bad for a graduate to do some blue collar jobs?
You see some graduates who prefer to stay idle and broke rather than involve in Blue collar jobs that would help them make money.
Is there anything bad for a graduate to do some blue collar jobs?
We (some graduates) always purchase and love white collar job simply because of the orientation we were given when we are young that if you go to school, you will always get a white collar job.

Well, in reply to your question in the above post concerning why less undergraduates apply for blue collar jobs, first of all i don't think this statistics is right, i am sure if there were jobs lying around they wouldn't say they don't want

I dont actually think it is a matter of feeling too big to take on smaller job. Most graduate have the mindset of starting big as soon as they are out of school and many do not want to give up on that dream. Forgetting that in most cases, you need to start from somewhere

Although, graduates work hard to go through school to earn a degree and that pride gives them this ego and sense of entitlement to get only the best for themselves which is not right.

No is not a bad idea for a graduate to pursue after blue collar job,but most of them are feeling too big to do that because of pride.

No is not a bad idea for a graduate to pursue after blue collar job,but most of them are feeling too big to do that because of pride.
It is not feeling to big that makes some graduates not to pursue after blue collar jobs. To engage in some blue collar jobs, you will need capital that most graduates cannot afford.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds