Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why less graduates pursue blue collar jobs?

This is because most graduate see blue collar jobs not lucative enough for their qualification while others see blue collar jobs as unskilled or semiskilled labour. Some graduate also do not like going into blue collar jobs because they have to acquire additional knowledge in that field before they fiction.

Advertisement Placeholder
Nothing wrong with a blue collar job. I've had about 3 of those and while I made money and got myself things I need, my fellow only chats me up to discuss the difficulties they going through getting a job and how they have no cash. But these same people have blue collar job opportunities dancing to them but they do not take them.
Some of them did not have anyone to sponsor them to high institution, so are very interested in continuing in education, some are doing it to just get some money to cater for themselves.

Background:Some parents always insist that their children will do no other job than WCJs, even if such children have stayed at home for donkey years after graduation.

Financial package:When graduates hear the huge remuneration of oil and telecommunication companies, they do not think of anything else than a passion to have these jobs.

Most graduate believe that the main reason for going to school is to get a white collar job, not knowing the little job out there are been fixed for powerful and influential people in the society, I started from zero after graduation, I started farming and also venture into catering, thank God I am useful for my life now, while some are still out there waiting for a white collar job

Blue collars jobs lack serious insecurities and a lot of graduates student have seen the leaked secret that's why everyone wants to be a startup business mastermind.
So when everyone says blue collars jobs are not seen those are the acute reasoning to it.

The reason for which less graduate pursue blue collar jobs are not far fetched
Most of dem feel too big to go after it saying after obtaining a degree of masters I should go into a farming job...
This motive is wrong and should be corrected

The reason is because educational system in my country especially isn't encouraging, an individual who has willing made up his mind to go to school for a brighter future after so many years would come out and not get a job. And then there is an average person who is looking up to the individual, seeing that after all the investment and time in school ended up been jobless now do you think such person would not settle for a blue collar job.

The educational system run in sub sahara africa is producing graduates who only belief that white collar jobs alone is what they deserve after graduating from colleges. Skills acquisition is not rooted in the school curriculum and as such graduates are not well placed to look for alternative opportunities other than varying CVs around seeking for limited and less paying white collar jobs

Many graduates have been brainwashed to believe that once you step to the four walls of the university the blue-collar jobs is not for you. Blue-collar jobs tend to pay more than White collar jobs. This is one of the reasons many Nigerian graduates are jobless.

most graduate refuse to do some jobs because they feel some jobs are below their level,not knowing that some high profile jobs require experience and expertise. For you to go up there in your career you need to start at times from the lower rank,of which some graduate don't want to go through.

You don't blame graduates all the time, you need to look at different channels government has put to enable these graduates to assess loan to start a blue collar job.
The system is too porus that this ones don't know how to start.
How do you expect a medical doctor or lawyer to enter into farm.

It has been observed that only a few graduates are willing to go out and do some blue collar jobs that would bring them money, they tend to feel too big to do it.
Why is this so?
Is it bad for a graduate to do some blue collar jobs?
You see some graduates who prefer to stay idle and broke rather than involve in Blue collar jobs that would help them make money.
Is there anything bad for a graduate to do some blue collar jobs?
Because they want to eat under peaceful umbrella. Everybody want cool life. But it's not as easy as that. So I don't blame people pursuing big job inside office. They want betterment

Well, not everyone is the same and for the so called graduates who refuse to do something all in the name of feeling too big for such jobs, all I can say is that they are still getting money from their parents and eating free meals. Once they are forced to fend for themselves, they will do anything to make money.

They tend to find start their own means of livelihood due to the fact that they find it difficult to find a job. Additionally, they have to search for several years before finding one; and they are also required to experience a high amount of stress, causing them to become severe. Other individuals wish to depend on others by acquiring some assistance.

They pursue blue-collar job based on their salary, they believe a graduate will definitely detest any form of breach in contract. more so they don't have a choice other than to admit.

It has been observed that only a few graduates are willing to go out and do some blue collar jobs that would bring them money, they tend to feel too big to do it.
Why is this so?
Is it bad for a graduate to do some blue collar jobs?
You see some graduates who prefer to stay idle and broke rather than involve in Blue collar jobs that would help them make money.
Is there anything bad for a graduate to do some blue collar jobs?
Maybe because of the ego, they don't want anyone to step on it. They think, because they have a title and a diploma, it seems embarrassing and they think what others will say if they work as blue collar workers. We have different views, for me, what is embarrassing if you become a blue collar worker even if you are a graduate? Why do you think what others will say, they will not dictate your life, they will not feed you, they will clothe you. So for me it is better to watch if the one with the title goes through being a blue collar worker, what is important is that you live a dignified life.

They pursue blue-collar job based on their salary, they believe a graduate will definitely detest any form of breach in contract. more so they don't have a choice other than to admit.
Some graduates are naturally lazy to the extent that there is nothing good got only gossip. There is young man whom lobbies are doing well. Hopefully we can get more profit from our investment. As long the investment is done with the legit business company, it's all safe.

There is nothing wrong with blue collar jobs. It's just the stigma where in the graduates believes that because they studied in college, they should be working in a office. The judgement around them is not helping either, if ever they thought about working at blue collar jobs which is rather better than remaining unemployed.

I think there are many graduate people that want to get White collar job. But some of them get job .They di nothing because they only want to get White collar job. I think the people who can't get job they should to start their own business to live happy in life.

Most graduate will refuse to blue collar job because most of them believe that once they graduate, the would be top managers in big company which is not often the case. Well, it is not bad for a graduate to do blue collar job in as much as there is no job the graduate is doing at the moment. Because it is better to be doing something than nothing with that you will be able to meet your needs. Blue collar job is not bad for graduates with that the graduate can earn to start business.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds