Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why less graduates pursue blue collar jobs?

I feel the reason why less graduate pursue collar jobs is because majority of the graduates feel that the skills that they have learnt fill fetch then much money than and office job would for them. So instead of pursuing jobs that isn't even sure if you would be applied,they set up their own business which will fetch them money steadily instead of waiting till the end of the month to be laid.

Advertisement Placeholder
Well.... most graduates do not go for blue collar jobs because of what the society has painted it to be... personally I see nothing wrong with it as long as it puts food on my table and pays my bills... some young people will rather go hungry than do it

It has been observed that only a few graduates are willing to go out and do some blue collar jobs that would bring them money, they tend to feel too big to do it.
Why is this so?
Is it bad for a graduate to do some blue collar jobs?
You see some graduates who prefer to stay idle and broke rather than involve in Blue collar jobs that would help them make money.
Is there anything bad for a graduate to do some blue collar jobs?

That's so true! But in my country we're starting to see a change. As our unemployment rate explodes, the streets are littered with graduates with no jobs. In the past, they'd just sit at home and refuse to do blue collar jobs I think out of shame and also because they felt they were superior. Well, they've been humbled. I see them driving taxis, working in the retail sector and pushing their hustles including selling food and clothes. I think it's a good thing.

It has been observed that only a few graduates are willing to go out and do some blue collar jobs that would bring them money, they tend to feel too big to do it.
Why is this so?
You see some graduates who prefer to stay idle and broke rather than involve in Blue collar jobs that would help them make money.
It's not surprising. I introduced someone to paid to post site, specifically Bizdustry, but the person said they wouldn't, that the pay is just pennies.

This same person has been jobless for a year.

I believe it's the orientation we have as kids, unless it's a white-collar job, it's demeaning.

We grow up with it and it's difficult to change that as adults.

See am not against white collar jobs but that if you see a really paying one because in my country, literally 10 out of every 100 get employed. These ten, just 3 may get jobs that are paying really well. So you see the case

From my findings, in recent years I’ve noticed and I can’t establish that blue collar jobs are doing amazingly well and even better graduate with jobs. Don’t get me wrong graduates with jobs are being paid well. A well paid job comes with a lot of expenses. Moreover they’re paid on salaries. A skilled layman can get paid more than 10 times in a month. It’s very easier for skilled laborer to acquire assets than graduates

Why is this so?
There is nothing bad in starting a blue collar job. The only thing is most graduates dont want to start from scratch. They all want ready made job were they would be comfortable and all. I do believe startingbfrom scratch. Rome wasn't built in a day

It's not surprising. I introduced someone to paid to post site, specifically Bizdustry, but the person said they wouldn't, that the pay is just pennies.

This same person has been jobless for a year.

I believe it's the orientation we have as kids, unless it's a white-collar job, it's demeaning.

We grow up with it and it's difficult to change that as adults.
It's always good to never despise the days of little beginnings. My first payment online from a forum was $2. It served as a motivation for me and I have earned up to $250 already. I don't think anyone should despise blue collar jobs when they don't have any source of income.

This is mostly because some graduates have been programmed to believe that they didn't acquired that degree to be working a blue collar job. They reason that it is a white collar job that will befit their status. And it is this kind of mentality that makes unemployed graduates abound today.
If only they can change it.

A blue collar job means hard work or hard labor like the guy who is digging a ditch or the carpenter who is working on the construction site. Compare that to an employee of a bank that works inside the air conditioned office with a nice table and a computer too then who would choose the work to hold a shovel or a hammer? It is common knowledge that a blue collar job is for the lowly laborer which has no class.

I don't think graduates dislike doing blue collar jobs. Most times it's just that, blue collar jobs require some skills that one wouldn't have as a graduate. So that makes transition rather difficult, you will need to learn again for you to be suitable there.

No there is absolutely nothing wrong with a graduate taking on a blue collared job, the only reason why they dont do so is because of their pride and the stereotypic nature of the community around them. People tend to expect you working white collared after tolling so hard to get a university or college degree.

Some graduates for white collar jobs than the blue collar job because, they have the mentality that they should not be found in a place like this. Some because of pride and human pressure, some don't take a blue collar job. Some are lazy and are just not ready to do anything.

Blue collar work, what I am calling labor has been evaded, derided and straightforwardly criticized for quite a long time by the scholarly world. As such we have a serious lack of welders, handymen, hefty hardware administrators, and jumpers others difficult work callings. Individuals favor white collar job over blue collar job since people practically perpetual take the easiest course of action for the best yield. Filling in as a welder would pay equivalent to a long term HR official laborer, yet one is significantly more genuinely arduous that the other. Given the decision most will decide to do somewhat less actual work for the equivalent or even less compensation. Consider it whatever you like, yet that is the manner by which it is.

This is partly due to a perception that blue-collar jobs are boring, repetitive, or low-paying—but for many jobs, this couldn’t be further from the truth.
Many blue-collar jobs offer a lot of variety, and every day may be different. This can involve meeting new people, traveling to different homes and businesses, or solving unique problems each day, which keeps the work interesting.

Unfortunately, many young people especially graduates assume that a blue-collar career isn't for them at all, so they never give it a serious attention. Maybe they have applied several times and so they just gave up
Bad government also contributed to this

It would be very foolish of a graduate without good grades, and a deep connection to turn down a blue collar job for a white collar job which is not there. That would be a very unwise and miscalculated decision that would greatly affect that person.

For those who don't know the meaning of blue collar job. Here we go..
A blue-collar worker is a working class person who performs manual labor. Blue-collar work may involve skilled or unskilled labor. The type of work may involve manufacturing, warehousing, mining, excavation, electricity generation and power plant operations, custodial work, farming, commercial fishing, logging, landscaping, pest control, food processing, oil field work, waste collection and disposal, recycling, construction, maintenance, shipping, driving, trucking and many other types of physical work.

The sooner a lot of us realises bring a graduate doesn't stop us from pursuing blue collar jobs the better for us, majority of graduates have the mentality that when you are a graduate there are some jobs you shouldn't do, but this should not be the case

Blue collar jobs is not bad to pursue as a graduate, but some graduates don't like doing business of their own, instead them want job where them would be earning big salary every month, them like blue collar job more than business.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds