Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

White collar and Blue Collar job, whch of them is better?

Lagazine

Mythical member
Credits
Let's consider the situation of thing in the world. Businesses are collapsing, offices sacks, a lot of people are jobless, all in the name of Covid-19. What is your advice to the young graduates?

Advertisement Placeholder
The young ones that are leaving schools in recent times have to come out with the mindset of creating jobs for themselves because the ones out there cannot go round.

It is true that many companies are affected and in view of that it is difficult to find jobs. What I can recommend is to try to start a business, if you do not have capital, the best option you can have is to work online. You can learn how to generate income and obtain capital to start a business.

Up to this day, there is confusion in discerning blue from white collar jobs. There has been some stigma attached to some, most especially to blue collar jobs. Nevertheless, both job types have their own set of pros and cons.

white collar jobs were named as such because these jobs originally required the worker to wear a shirt that is colored white either with a tie or without one. These jobs are often those that require the employee to wear a tie and work within the safe confines of the four walls of their offices, stores, schools and the like. Nevertheless, it can be safely said that the era of wearing the traditional white shirt and tie has already faded away. Still, many professionals like doctors and lawyers still don their ties and perhaps couple it with a white coat (especially for the medical doctors) to give an impression of a more serious stance.

On the contrary, blue collar jobs are not necessarily jobs that require the worker to wear blue shirts or polo. It is rather an expression which emphasizes that these employees work in a non-management position like those jobs that may involve workers becoming dirtier because of physically working a little harder. Often, these are the jobs that require protection clothing. So, perhaps the confusion sets in when one would label being a doctor as a blue collar job because most of them wear a doctor’s coat or mask for protection. Medical doctors are white collar workers! Blue collar workers are the auto mechanics, drivers, and factory employees.

Unfortunately, there is an undeniable presence of a stigma for blue collar jobs. People often become too judgemental and say that these jobs are just plain ‘dirty,’ literally. Even if most of these jobs are more laborious, not to mention dangerous for the employee because of the workplace they report to, this does not always hold true to all cases.

You have to understand that this is not going to last forever. It's already been almost a year since all of this madness started, for how long do you think it can last? They are pretty close at finding a vaccine, most countries have already found it they just have to test it and start using it. So it will probably last for maximum a few more months and then things can start getting back to normal. Everyone was affected by the virus, so it's not just a category or people or businesses that got affected.

I prefer to be my own boss than to be under someone. Because there are lots of benefits in be a own boss, any again from business is yours not for anyone. You have a freedom of lifestyle. No body will be controlling you. You are the one to determine when to resume to work and when to close.

White collar job is better, but during the covid-19 pandemic,most people opted for blue collar job because most companies have to reduce their numbers of employees soas to be able to pay salaries, which means they have to look for any means to survive

In present times young graduates do not spend years waiting for the government to provide white collar jobs because they know that it's going to be a futile wait.... most students set up businesses while in school and become entrepreneurs... By the time they graduate they would have realized a lot of money

My recommendation is if you get a white-collar job after work, then go for it. But do all you can to learn a skill so that you can set up a personal business for yourself after a while.

Hello, the advice for recent graduates is to persist as we have all done, it is not a secret that the pandemic ended with some companies, however there is still demand in the professional area, and at the moment companies have looked for a way to stay assets in production and workforce, you just have to find the right company

White collar jobs are obviously better than blue collar jobs but right now the young graduates are already developing a mentality of wanting to start their own business without waiting to for government agencies which is actually a good decision, so I think they're already taking the advice for themselves.

Skilled people are the backbone of the society. A society with a large number of skilled people never suffers from economic hardship. I think new graduates need to learn to work. They can master it, move it forward in life as their business
[automerge]1608579943[/automerge]
Skilled people are the backbone of the society. A society with a large number of skilled people never suffers from economic hardship. I think new graduates need to learn to work. They can master it, move it forward in life as their business

White collar job is good when you have the on that is paying you well...so to blue collar job both are good in terms payment if you have the on that is paying you well they are all good...all everyone want white collar job but it only when you are lucky

It is true that many companies are affected and in view of that it is difficult to find jobs. What I can recommend is to try to start a business, if you do not have capital, the best option you can have is to work online. You can learn how to generate income and obtain capital to start a business.
Not all businesses that is on the collapse at the moment. Some that have planned so admirably before covid19 struck. Made an amendment to their business strategy and they are still in operation. Young people that got no job should be creative and find one online just as you said @sariana23.

No doubt, white collar jobs are better than blue collar jobs for many reasons. White collar jobs gives good pay as salary at the end of the month. They also have allowances that are attractive. Although, they are hard to find, if you get a good paying one, then it is far better.

I.will prefer both, both are invinve in my business and both have their own advantage and disadvantage, but it seems the white collar job pays very well compare to blue collar job.

I would advise that a balance should be struck, people should not completely focus on white collar only,cause definitely someone needs to cultivate the food stuffs for others to consume.

I prefer white collar job as I don't have the skills for hard labor. All I've been wanting ever since I was a kid is to work in a office. But building, officer, infrastructures wouldn't be build without blue collar workers. Both have its own purpose.

Let's consider the situation of thing in the world. Businesses are collapsing, offices sacks, a lot of people are jobless, all in the name of Covid-19. What is your advice to the young graduates?
Any collar job is better depending on what your interest is or are. You can get fulfilment while doing any of these collar jobs based on what you like doing. If you're happy doing what you do, you will notice it's worth doing and you will do just fine.

The demand for some professions stay intact irrespective of the season or event going on.The medical professionals legal practitioners seems to always be on the top ladder of jobs.
However, the current world happenings and especially the economic situations in underdeveloped countries demand that individuals tap into all possible fields of earning to survive and liquid.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds