Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Skills or educational qualification

Status
Not open for further replies.
we all know the situation of this country (Nigeria) that we are now that these days education qualification does not give you the solid assurance of getting a good well paid job. So therefore I would say getting a good skills of your choice will be an better option to support your education qualifications.

Advertisement Placeholder
Skills or education qualification, to me I have the both but the skill is the one that feeds me now, as for the education qualification you will have to get a sponsor or a support, but If you can it's better.
For me I prefer you having a skill before going for a degree qualification, it will help survive for ever.

Skills and education are both important but skills have much more value because our world is driven by skills and there are more rich skilled people than educated people. Education pays but skills pay more.

Skill is an abstract term which cannot be evaluated on the bits of paper. It is a broad spectrum which is groomed within the individual and nurtured through the repeated practical implications in life.- It is skill which attracts the employers, clients and management which lifts or drops the person. Without the skill, the person would not be able to catch hold the interest of their superiors and attain success.

In the current business world, especially in Nigeria, salaries are payed based on educational qualification and level, I once work for a boss, we had a guy so good with graphics design, but he just finished secondary school, I was shocked when is pay is lower to some one else who has little skills compared to him, but with higher qualification.

As a business owner, which should you look at before you get people to work for you
Skills or Educational qualification?
Learning or having skills is the best nowadays because you will determine your livelihood and you can't be pushed aside as in the case of education where you can laid off from work. Education will make you frustrated because of under-payment & unavailable jobs.

skill is capacity to do something well; technique, ability skills are usually acquired or learned, as opposed to abilities, which are often thought of as innate while education is (uncountable) the process or art of imparting knowledge, skill and judgment.

Yes you are right sir, i have been hearing for 10 years or so that someone should has skills, skills are very much handy in this era, so now it's all about skills. In world's top 100 richest persons no one is because of education. Now you can asses the power of skills.

Truth is you cannot get an education qualification without acquiring some level of skills in the field you study. Maybe you cut corners when you were studying. But if you did not, you will know more than somebody who have the skill both know theoretical knowledge. This is the edge of education qualification.

I would start by saying skills and educational qualification goes hand in hand. Before your skills can earn you a fortune there must be a level of education to attain before you can be considered except in the case of purely practical job.
The difference between skill and education is that skill is capacity to do something well, technique, ability skill are usually acquired or learned,as opposed to abilities,which are often through of as innate while education is the process or art of imparting knowledge,skill and judgement.

My philosophy is skills and education.... They both work hand n hand.... There are people that go to school in the morning and go to where to learn a skill or trade in the evening.... There are too much graduates now...Only education is seizing to be the way now.... Education,skill and creativity is what is giving people money now.... howbeit little the skill is....it's still gonna fetch you something.

I think skill is better than qualification, because if you have skills in any field you make a successful and live profitable life. When you have qualification, you cannot do huge profitable work because you have not skills, you gained only degree not a knowledge while importance of knowledge existed not only degree. According to me, you should work according to your skills or interests.

Always skills and mental qualifications are very good to increase the values of business as qualifications means a good to some work it will improve the skills of creativity.

Education is more important than skill. ... The academic education helps you in understanding the concepts behind the technology, science, society or whatever field you choose, but skill development is the thing that will help you in creating solutions and products, get a good job in a company, or become an entrepreneur

Ok, i have a cousin who is 27, the father is a big time millionaire, now, this my cousin has 4 other siblings who are all graduates, but he is an SSCE holder. Given that he was not too 'bright' academically, the father had him join the family business when he was 20, this guy speaks and writes English almost as good as the best, speaks fluent French, and has traveled to at least 10 countries outside Africa, and doing extremely well for himself, at 27.

Answering the question Skills or educational qualification, both skills and educational qualification are very important, what matters is for you to know what you are doing as a business owner

I think the two are vice versa but i will advice an individual to have a skills even while he is still in school because its highly beneficial, skills is an alternative while qualfication is an alternative. To me its really good if you have qualification and skill.

Educational qualifications and literacy skills are highly related. This is not surprising as it is one aim of educational systems to equip individuals with competencies necessary to take part in society. Because of this relationship educational qualifications are often used as a proxy for “human capital”. However, from a theoretical perspective, there are many reasons why this relationship is not perfect, and to some degree this is due to third variables. Thus, we want to explore the net relationship between educational attainment (harmonized according to the International Standard Classification of Education,

Having a degree might give an edge when searching for a job. Personally I will go for someone with the required skill set. Educational qualifications shouldn't be a determinant to the quality of output.

In the current business world, especially in Nigeria, salaries are payed based on educational qualification and level, I once work for a boss, we had a guy so good with graphics design, but he just finished secondary school, I was shocked when is pay is lower to some one else who has little skills compared to him, but with higher qualification.

As a business owner, which should you look at before you get people to work for you
Skills or Educational qualification?
I think for getting jobs , skills and qualifications should be hand in hand , in my country there is high merit of government jobs so you be well qualified first and with skills you can do more good and satisfied job ..

I think skill is the best you can actually use but the skilled person also need education to back it up, because there is a saying 'education is the best legacy'. If I am really attracted to the person's skill, then I'll advise him to study further
As far as the importance of skills goes, it's far more better than education. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that education is bad, but getting a skill is first is far more better. There are lots of educated graduates who are jobless but one with a skill is already set to work for himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds