Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why less graduates pursue blue collar jobs?

Bookwormlux1

Captain Junkie
Credits
It has been observed that only a few graduates are willing to go out and do some blue collar jobs that would bring them money, they tend to feel too big to do it.
Why is this so?
Is it bad for a graduate to do some blue collar jobs?
You see some graduates who prefer to stay idle and broke rather than involve in Blue collar jobs that would help them make money.
Is there anything bad for a graduate to do some blue collar jobs?

Advertisement Placeholder
Nothing bad in it, but some of graduate do not want to start from zero, they want realdy made work instead to start their own business and become own boss. That is what makes many graduate stay longer at home before they get Job.

They tends to look for a white collar jobs due to the fact that they find it hard to find start their own means of livelihood due to lack of capital, enabling environment,support from the government or individual.and due to the fact nobody wants to start on their and wants to depends on others.

nfortunately, many people assume that a blue-collar career isn't for them, so they never give it a serious ... Many skilled trades are less likely to go away. There are a whole series of certifications that take a year or less that earn more than the average bachelor's

Nothing wrong with a blue collar job. I've had about 3 of those and while I made money and got myself things I need, my fellow only chats me up to discuss the difficulties they going through getting a job and how they have no cash. But these same people have blue collar job opportunities dancing to them but they do not take them.

If you don sit down you can't stretch your leg. When u are not up to something you don't do it. Less graduate work harder because they most correct there mistakes

Blue collar jobs isn't bad for a graduate but the society have made it look like If you are a graduate you can't Excel without doing a white collar job and moreover there are always a kind of pressure on graduate in the family because after graduation most of your family members will expect you to start working in a big firm and start bringing huge Money to support the family.

It has been observed that only a few graduates are willing to go out and do some blue collar jobs that would bring them money, they tend to feel too big to do it.
Why is this so?
You see some graduates who prefer to stay idle and broke rather than involve in Blue collar jobs that would help them make money.
I don't think that it is bad to do blue collar jobs. In fact I think that some of the most noble jobs are actually blue collar jobs, therefore I don't believe that people should look down on it if they have a degree. Instead I think that perhaps these people feel as if they have studied and gone through a lot of education and as such should be in a job that utilizes that and rewards them as such. Perhaps this is their line of thinking.

There isn't anything wrong with it,but the problem is there are too many graduates and there isn't enough jobs , and the labour market is quite competitive. So many graduates would rather create a niche for themselves than engage in the struggle of the labour market.

That's the problem with people. You see, there's a reason why the mind is a very powerful tool, all these things depends on ones mentality, some people see such things as a downgrade but they don't understand that it's better than being idle. Most times, such people even earn more than those in white collar, but you see ignorance, it's a very deadly virus.

Why is this so?
There is nothing bad with graduates going out to do blue collar job to me. However, like you said, many feel too big and think they are above the level of doing blue collar jobs. But shouldn't always be the case because all jobs are jobs so far as they bring money and are not against religion.

Graduates don't pursue blue collar jobs because they think it is beneath them. They think they only deserve white collar jobs because it befits their fancy degrees but this is just ignorance. Some of these blue collar jobs pay more, the graduates are just closed minded to opportunity.

Today many graduates look down on manual jobs, believe that they are degraded when they are performed, and do not see the value and the great profits that they can obtain. In some cases, because they see their colleagues in office positions and out of shame they do not take manual jobs, to avoid criticism.

There is nothing bad with graduates going out to do blue collar job to me. However, like you said, many feel too big and think they are above the level of doing blue collar jobs. But shouldn't always be the case because all jobs are jobs so far as they bring money and are not against religion.
I agree with you. It's only someone who already has a source of income that can freely do away with blue collar jobs. I personally would take any legit job , provided it is capable of settling my bills. I don't think it's Wise to stay idle when there are legit hustles that one can do and earn money.

It's only someone who already has a source of income that can freely do away with blue collar jobs. I personally would take any legit job , provided it is capable of settling my bills. I don't think it's Wise to stay idle when there are legit hustles that one can do and earn money.

Any graduates who sees blue collar job with high paying offer than a white collar job should have his head check, for me is all about the money that need to be made not how clean the job his because he or she needs to pay some bills.

I think the problem with graduate and their preference to white collar job than blue collar job is the fact that ,they feel that their years of training in the university ,should not be wasted with blue collar job , but that is a wrong way to think. The right thing is for people to ensure that ego won't make them idle, even when they are broke. One can manage manual jobs while waiting for white collar job

This is not very good among the graduates this is very common especially in my country. Most graduate will refuse to blue collar job because most of them believe that once they graduate, the would be top managers in big company which is not often the case. These has affect some of them for long, and as a result, the tends to remain unemployed for a long period of time. I think they all need reorientation at the school before they graduate so that they can prepare to the life outside school.

This mistake is very common among the undergraduate in African countries. They only think round their certificate and jettison their skills. The problem is that most universities do not emphasize on skills but the certificate.

Well, it is not bad for a graduate to do blue collar job in as much as there is no job the graduate is doing at the moment. Because it is better to be doing something than nothing with that you will be able to meet your needs. Blue collar job is not bad for graduates with that the graduate can earn to start business.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds