Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Who opens the doors of the business?

In general, according to the members' opinion, if the doorman does not open the door, the watchman will. As the support staff (laborers, cleaners, watchmen and doorman) should arrive first to maintain order and cleanliness in the company, before the rest of the staff arrives to start work. Doesn't it work like that in your country?
That is how it is done in any sane organization. I do not think if it is common anywhere for a manager to arrive work place before the employees, especially doorman and the likes.

Advertisement Placeholder
Some if the business establishments may not have an employee watchman. In this case, the job will depend on the roles of the staff in the establishment if they are particularly few in number that are employed there. Sales reps can do that job
My sister once worked in an establishment where there was actually no door man or security to help with opening the doors the next working day. What they did was that the keys was given to an employee that was staying nearby and was always on time for work

Actually this depends alot on the company opinion on who take care or who is been employed between watchman and gateman whosoever is employ get to open the door and if both the gate man should do.

That is how it is done in any sane organization. I do not think if it is common anywhere for a manager to arrive work place before the employees, especially doorman and the likes.
If it is correct, unless there are no personnel with such functions and the manager gives such responsibility to another employee of his trust. But usually there is always a responsible person, between the doorman or security guard.

It is the job of the security personnel,which the company has employed to safe gaurd the company, that will open the doors for the for the staffs to enter,it's still part of security checks.
But the security having full access into a particular company don't you think it is risky ? because most of the security personnel are not trusted A manager should be the one to do that or a receptionist, receptionist could be the perfect person to do it.

I think opening a gate in a company should be a gateman not a employee because opening a gate is a gateman duty, not a employee.
The employees of the business have been seen as the gateman or gatekeeper of a particular business and the other one that open door for customers to buy our products while is the entrepreneur is seeing as the owner of the house in terms of business

The employees of the business have been seen as the gateman or gatekeeper of a particular business and the other one that open door for customers to buy our products while is the entrepreneur is seeing as the owner of the house in terms of business
In my country, employees are classified according to their functions, the workers are those who clean and the doorman, the guard does not fall into this classification because they come from some security companies, to perform their duties in this.

For big companies, I think it should be one of the employees to open the doors of business. Perhaps they have left over work to do at the office and even employees should arrive at the office before the owner. That is to show how diligent he/she is toward the job.
However, the work of gatekeeper is to watch and guard.

For big companies, I think it should be one of the employees to open the doors of business. Perhaps they have left over work to do at the office and even employees should arrive at the office before the owner. That is to show how diligent he/she is toward the job.
However, the work of gatekeeper is to watch and guard.
I agree with you that the staff should arrive before the manager, and among those staff is the doorman whose responsibility is to watch the door. The rest of the staff has different functions, such as secretaries, bookkeepers, cleaners and the watchman whose function is to take care of the company. Isn't it like that in your country?

But the security having full access into a particular company don't you think it is risky ? because most of the security personnel are not trusted A manager should be the one to do that or a receptionist, receptionist could be the perfect person to do it.
Not all of them are not trustworthy. Many organizations try to employ only trust worthy persons that won't do things capable of tarnishing their image.

Not all of them are not trustworthy. Many organizations try to employ only trust worthy persons that won't do things capable of tarnishing their image.
Ok,sometimes there are also some business organisation that operate full-time and 24 hours, in this situation they may not need anyone to open the door since everything are all in order, maybe we should try to have this type of business organisation.

Who exactly is responsible for opening doors in a business depends on the number of persons working there. If it's just three to four staffs, the person whose duty it is would be simply assigned

I think opening a gate in a company should be a gateman not a employee because opening a gate is a gateman duty, not a employee.
The marketer of a particular business open the door for the business to strive because the market helps to inform customers and also persuade them to come and buy the products by doing this you are opening doors for the business.

Who exactly is responsible for opening doors in a business depends on the number of persons working there. If it's just three to four staffs, the person whose duty it is would be simply assigned
That's another thing to reason on too. Of the number of persons are very few like say five or six at the most, then the owner must have assigned whose roll it is to open the business premises doors

Your statement is correct, if the number of staff is reduced, the key should be given to a trusted person, even when this is the case, the door is usually opened by the owner.
The marketer of a particular business open the door for the business to strive because the market helps to inform customers and also persuade them to come and buy the products by doing this you are opening doors for the business.
I have seen these cases you describe usually in stores, and the customer is greeted by the salesperson, who is in charge of persuading the customer in order to provide information according to the customer's requirements.

To me, some big companies would not like to give the responsibility of opening doors to the watch man but to staffs. They may not want the watch man to go beyond the gate, probably for lack of trust. But I think each person should open his or her door after resumption of work.

To me, some big companies would not like to give the responsibility of opening doors to the watch man but to staffs. They may not want the watch man to go beyond the gate, probably for lack of trust. But I think each person should open his or her door after resumption of work.
I think the person who started the thread was actually talking about the main entrance to the organization or company building, so it is clearly the work of the doorman.

The security guard in my country is responsible for the security of a company or organization, he must be aware of the entire infrastructure, when it is large there are several guards. On the other hand, the doorman is in charge of the main entrance.

I would say the owner if it happens that it is a small scale business in which less than five people are working there. a business like this doesn't need a god and required only one shop for the operation. But when you have a big company, it is the gate man and the security man that will open the business for other steps to begin the operation.

Opening the gate in a company should be the work of the gate as syou said, what if the business organisation is the one in which everything is under the authority of the business owner, then I believe the owner is the one to open it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds