Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Who opens the doors of the business?

Each company is governed by its agreements and responsibilities. In the particular case of the functions of the employees of a trade, company or institution, where there are security personnel. Whose responsibility is it to open doors for staff to enter? The owner or the watchman? I have seen discussions because the guards want to put you as gatekeepers when your responsibility is to take care and as the word "watch" says to protect and take care of the staff.
The guards is there in most of the businesses. Actually the thread title has confused me. I thought you were asking about who had shown us the path to our business. 😂

In our office job, we have security guard for this purpose, who is paid well for this job.

Advertisement Placeholder
If you mean the opening of gate, then the gateman will surely be the one in charge of that but all other security door inside the company might be control and take care of by the security or the head security officer in the company

it is the work of the security to do all these things ,because the security personnel are the one who takes charge of the people that are entering and exiting a particular business organisation, they are the one that should open the door for everyday business.

it is the work of the security to do all these things ,because the security personnel are the one who takes charge of the people that are entering and exiting a particular business organisation, they are the one that should open the door for everyday business.
What if the business is just a small supermarket were they don't have the need for employing a security but just a few helps and sales personals?

What if the business is just a small supermarket were they don't have the need for employing a security but just a few helps and sales personals?
ok in a situation like this I think it is the duty of a business manager to open the door of the business to the receptionist or sellers,as it is not advisable for you to allowed your business key to a receptionist except he or she is trusted.

Opening the gate in a company should be the work of the gate as syou said, what if the business organisation is the one in which everything is under the authority of the business owner, then I believe the owner is the one to open it.
To the best of my knowledge, the company is always under the authority of the owner, but if the owner wishes to take responsibility for the keys and open the door, that is fine, I have known companies that operate this way. However when the owner is in other occupations he leaves a person in charge of the main entrance, in this case the responsibility falls on the doorman (if there is an employee with such functions).
The guards is there in most of the businesses. Actually the thread title has confused me. I thought you were asking about who had shown us the path to our business. 😂

In our office job, we have security guard for this purpose, who is paid well for this job.
🤣 🤣 🤣 Yes, I have noticed that in many countries it works differently. In my country there are security guards and doorman, the security guard supervises the company in general, he walks through the corridors and checks that everything is kept in order, the doorman is at the main door receiving the clients.
If you mean the opening of gate, then the gateman will surely be the one in charge of that but all other security door inside the company might be control and take care of by the security or the head security officer in the company
It is correct @babdud02 , the security guard is in charge of the interior and in many cases the exterior of the company, taking care of the safety of workers and the company. The doorman stays at the main entrance.

I would say the owner if it happens that it is a small scale business in which less than five people are working there. a business like this doesn't need a god and required only one shop for the operation. But when you have a big company, it is the gate man and the security man that will open the business for other steps to begin the operation.
Most small businesses do not need anyone to open the door for the owner as he is usually the one that is in charge of everything since it is not big.

ok in a situation like this I think it is the duty of a business manager to open the door of the business to the receptionist or sellers,as it is not advisable for you to allowed your business key to a receptionist except he or she is trusted.
This reminds me of 2 superiors in my career. Our manager in the bank comes after 9 am and usually at around 10 am. When I was hired by a software house the boss was always the earliest bird and I am 2nd. Our start of work is 8:30 am and I arrive by 7:30 am. But the boss comes before 7 am.

To the best of my knowledge, the company is always under the authority of the owner, but if the owner wishes to take responsibility for the keys and open the door, that is fine, I have known companies that operate this way. However when the owner is in other occupations he leaves a person in charge of the main entrance, in this case the responsibility falls on the doorman (if there is an employee with such functions).

🤣 🤣 🤣 Yes, I have noticed that in many countries it works differently. In my country there are security guards and doorman, the security guard supervises the company in general, he walks through the corridors and checks that everything is kept in order, the doorman is at the main door receiving the clients.

It is correct @babdud02 , the security guard is in charge of the interior and in many cases the exterior of the company, taking care of the safety of workers and the company. The doorman stays at the main entrance.
There is always a trustee in any business organisation these are the people that are supposed to take in charge of the opening of a business organisation,all companies have made arrangements to suit who is responsible to do that depending on their setting.

There is always a trustee in any business organisation these are the people that are supposed to take in charge of the opening of a business organisation,all companies have made arrangements to suit who is responsible to do that depending on their setting.
You have piqued my curiosity as to "trustee" since according to google this is "beneficiary of a trust". I understand that companies appoint the one who will be in charge of the door, and the duties must be fulfilled.

You have piqued my curiosity as to "trustee" since according to google this is "beneficiary of a trust". I understand that companies appoint the one who will be in charge of the door, and the duties must be fulfilled.
Actually most of the time people don't recognise it is a very important task. Because opening the door is like opening the office, so it is very important that the selection of persons should be based upon its merit.

Actually most of the time people don't recognise it is a very important task. Because opening the door is like opening the office, so it is very important that the selection of persons should be based upon its merit.
Yes, it is a very important position. That is why in my country doormen are hired for this purpose, and it is not just anyone, this must be trained and prepared to perform the functions, depending on the case of the company. In the case of financial institutions there is no doorman, and this function is fulfilled by the security guard.

Yes, it is a very important position. That is why in my country doormen are hired for this purpose, and it is not just anyone, this must be trained and prepared to perform the functions, depending on the case of the company. In the case of financial institutions there is no doorman, and this function is fulfilled by the security guard.
You mean for local businesses the people hire doorman? And for financial institutions they hire security guards?

In our area, the security guard is hired for such jobs no matter if is a small business or big business. Even in banks and other government installations, guard is used for this purpose.

Just like someone already mentioned up there, in a situation like this scenario you just painted, the store or business manager has to take give the responsibility of this activity as a result of small staff to the sales girl there

Lol
This reminds me of 2 superiors in my career. Our manager in the bank comes after 9 am and usually at around 10 am. When I was hired by a software house the boss was always the earliest bird and I am 2nd. Our start of work is 8:30 am and I arrive by 7:30 am. But the boss comes before 7 am.
[/QUOT
I don't know the reason he was coming so earlier ,maybe because he just believe that he need to do is responsibility by opening the door for you to come in and work,but this might be stressful for the manager who have been doing this.

You mean for local businesses the people hire doorman? And for financial institutions they hire security guards?

In our area, the security guard is hired for such jobs no matter if is a small business or big business. Even in banks and other government installations, guard is used for this purpose.
If correct, as long as the doorman is merited he will be hired. When the companies are small with few personnel, it is not necessary, but otherwise there will always be a doorman to welcome you to the company, and can guide you according to your request.

The question on who to open the doors of a company is very straight forward.the security or the guards are the one to look after the security of the company, so.they should be the one to open the doors of the company

Well I don't know how this is done in your location ,but a trustee over here could be a close friend to the Business owner or a family member, i don't know if this is hoe is done in your location. I think a family member should be more trusted.

The debate on who opens the door of a company is a very straight forward question. The security should be the one to open the door because he's expected to be at work maybe before any other

I have been able to verify this in the diverse opinions of the members, in my country the security guard fulfills this function only in the financial entities. I understand that in companies where there is no doorman, the security guard fulfills the double function of guarding the door and guarding the company.
To me the marketer of the business open the doors of the business because they help to sell the business out and also patronize people to come and buy the products with this out you are opening doors for a particular business.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds