Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Hierarchy vs 'Open door policy' businesses

Weather hierarchy or open door they are both effective methods of managing. The most important thing is that they are effectively set up to bring out the best. Hierarchy helps maintain order and respect and open door creates a friendly environment.
This is actually the same feeling that I have about whether it's hierarchy or open door because what matters most is doing it in such a way that it favours the business progress and meeting the business goal at the end of the year.

Advertisement Placeholder
To ensure orderliness and structurally organized business, it is better to do hierarchical structure. This will ensure that each worker will be respecting one another and may even promote hardwork as most workers will be working hard to get promotion.

Well, I believe both approaches are wonderful; I just believe that each organization's execution strategy differs, and if a company can use both, that would be fantastic. I see your point about ideas being stolen as they move up the corporate ladder. As a result, I'm sympathetic to both policies.

To ensure orderliness and structurally organized business, it is better to do hierarchical structure. This will ensure that each worker will be respecting one another and may even promote hardwork as most workers will be working hard to get promotion.
Yeah, hierarchy promotes orderliness and respect in a business organization. However, it leads to bureaucracy because so many superiors have to be consulted or informed before a decision/action is taken.

In a small business where you continuously interact with your employees it will be good to have an open door policy so that they will be free with you. For a large company following a hierarchy is going to be more professional.

Well, I would go for the open door policy business where every one are given an equal opportunity in the business. It prevents getting recognition for another person's work

I understand your point. Well for me there are two ways of viewing this, there is a hierarchy in place to filter out things that might waste execs time. I mean of your idea can convince your superior, imagine presenting to the CEO. As regards credit being stolen, I think it depend on the organization, because at the end of the day you are employed to help the organisation move further.

There are pros and cons for both hierarchy and open door policy. You should be aware what might happen if you use any of the two. Make sure that you have a good strategy to manage the execution well.

I think that most of the companies operate on the hierarchy basis and that is basically what really happened. Using the hierarchy is what is mostly common on my country.

There has to be some sort of level for building and maintaining a business - be it large or small. If there is no organization, things will easily become messy and people will become unhappy.

To be honest this is something that is very difficult to choose. I think that it is working for the company to have a mix of the two of them and have a roadmap as well as always reward people who are always going out of their way to help the company.

Well, I would go for the open door policy business where every one are given an equal opportunity in the business. It prevents getting recognition for another person's work
I also prefer the open door business policy to the hierachy business in the sense that your work will never be plagiarized and you willl get recognition for all your efforts.

Personally, i will prefer the open door policy because it works better. The open door policy works really better because it will allow only the experience working to come into the organisation.

Meteorological hierarchies or open doors are both effective management methods. The important thing is that they are set up effectively to get the most out of them. Hierarchies help maintain order and respect, and open doors create a friendly environment.

I will definitely choose the open door policy because it deals with skills directly and not with certificates. The company that adopted the open door policy will get quicker results.

Yeah, hierarchy promotes orderliness and respect in a business organization. However, it leads to bureaucracy because so many superiors have to be consulted or informed before a decision/action is taken.
That is a good and detailed information on hierarchy and open door business, I always prefer an open business than heirachy because its always following protocol an awaiting some people before a decision has to be taken.

The open door system is better than the hirachy of business because the open door will allow you to have access to the propertues irrespective of where you are from.

I would like a business opportunity in which I can easily communicate my knowledge or idea easily without having to pass through a complicated stage. Open policy is much more suitable nowadays .

There are many companies that work on the hierarchy basis, whereby if you have an idea or a concern then there are channels that you have to follow in the chain of command in order for your idea to be heard by those in charge. There are other companies that employ an open door policy whereby if you have an idea you can easily just enter the office of one of the higher ranks in the company and pitch your idea to them if they are available. This promotes open communication and to a large extent, in my opinion, also provides a lot of motivation to the workers as well which is important in maintaining morale and ensuring high work quality.

Furthermore, sometimes running an idea up the chain of command can result in the idea either becoming distorted o stealing credit from the one that actually thought about it.

What is your opinion and preference on these two styles?
I would definitelly perfer the later,because with an open door policy the dynamics of information would be faster and treated with the urgency that it requires,and the employees would be self motivated and feel a sense of belonging.

Well I think both styles are good, I just think the method of implementation of each companies differ, and if a company can utilise both, then that would be fantastic. I understand your point about ideas getting stolen when you run it up the chains of command. That is why I'm predisposed to both policies.
As a good entrepreneur that wanted to lead his or business to a succesful end , I believe the bith aspect "hierarchy and open donor policy business " should definitely be applied . Though most of the owner of the business always got their business idea stolen without compensation .

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds