Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Who opens the doors of the business

I visited McDonald's yesterday and saw an employee opening the door for us. I think that it might be a rare thing to do for employees of McDonald's because this is something that they do not do.
Maybe that is their work. McDonald's has a lot of employees and I think they might have been assigned such a work. McDonald's is a very big brand so you don't actually need to be wowed by such services.

Advertisement Placeholder
The opening of the doors of the business has been debate for long time as to who is responsible for the opening of the doors of a business one school of thought says its the responsibility of the a junior staff (the gate man or security) others say its the owner of the business but as for me it depends on the type of business is it a sole trader or a partnerships type and also it depends on the structure of the business so the two I mentioned above can open the doors
In business etiquettes, it's generally a rule that the subordinate employee should open the door for the more senior employee (male or female).

The opening of door for business should be the responsibility of the gateman or any other trusted member of the business. It can be done by the owner in the case of a small business.

I hope it depends on the type of the business. However, in most cases the security guards are the sole responsible for opening of business doors.
Though in my last job that I had the staffs being supervised by the security personnel used to do the opening and closing of the business doors

I hope it depends on the type of the business. However, in most cases the security guards are the sole responsible for opening of business doors.
Though in my last job that I had the staffs being supervised by the security personnel used to do the opening and closing of the business doors
This is basically the same in every other place. However, I believe there are limits to the doors or gates the security men can open. Their access might be restricted to just opening the entrance and not the major offices.

if you intend to be a nurse then you shouldn't consider staying in Nigeria instead you should migrate to top tier countries like UK, US, Canada or Australia. These countries pay nurses mouth-watering amount of money.
I know , but what is the process of migrating to these countries you mention ? obviously I would like to migrate if opportunity arises but definitely is not really easy as you may think.

I know , but what is the process of migrating to these countries you mention ? obviously I would like to migrate if opportunity arises but definitely is not really easy as you may think.
That is exactly what I am telling you. as a nurse it is very easy for you to migrate to those countries because they need nurses. If you apply to be a nurse in the UK for example your visa cannot be denied.

That is exactly what I am telling you. as a nurse it is very easy for you to migrate to those countries because they need nurses. If you apply to be a nurse in the UK for example your visa cannot be denied.
How do you know this ? because to me I do not consider it to be an easy task to migrate to UK as a nurse. Well if I'm 100 percent sure that I can migrate. Definitely I can go for that but sometimes I have to also rethink if there is no possibility of me migrating.

I believe that cleaners and the security personnel are supposed to be the people who are responsible for opening and closing the business since they are always around.

I believe that cleaners and the security personnel are supposed to be the people who are responsible for opening and closing the business since they are always around.
It depends on the organization or firm involved. You wouldn't expect the security guy to open the Manager's office in his absence in some establishments. Most times the offices are out of bound to them.

How do you know this ? because to me I do not consider it to be an easy task to migrate to UK as a nurse. Well if I'm 100 percent sure that I can migrate. Definitely I can go for that but sometimes I have to also rethink if there is no possibility of me migrating.
I know that because I want to switch from engineering to nursing. I have made enough research about that and read a lot of things about nurses. I can tell you that nursing is a noble course and you can never be jobless.

Note: There's a difference between Auxiliary nurses and Registered nurses.

I know that because I want to switch from engineering to nursing. I have made enough research about that and read a lot of things about nurses. I can tell you that nursing is a noble course and you can never be jobless.

Note: There's a difference between Auxiliary nurses and Registered nurses.
I know what an auxiliary nurse is. They are nurse base on experience and not through academic and normal nursing training . Okay putting Nigeria as a point of consideration , how much do you think they are earning here ?

I know what an auxiliary nurse is. They are nurse base on experience and not through academic and normal nursing training . Okay putting Nigeria as a point of consideration , how much do you think they are earning here ?
I don't know much about Nigeria as I don't plan to become a nurse in Nigeria. If I want to become a nurse it will be in the United kingdom or Canada. That is where they are paid reasonable amount of money.

I don't know much about Nigeria as I don't plan to become a nurse in Nigeria. If I want to become a nurse it will be in the United kingdom or Canada. That is where they are paid reasonable amount of money.
You have to put so many things into consideration , you may not likely wants to work here including me , but sometimes it will be very difficult for you to get this visa I repeat. . If you cannot get this Visa , what will be your back-up plan ? You might think it is necessary to take risks, well that may be true somehow.

You have to put so many things into consideration , you may not likely wants to work here including me , but sometimes it will be very difficult for you to get this visa I repeat. . If you cannot get this Visa , what will be your back-up plan ? You might think it is necessary to take risks, well that may be true somehow.
Lol, calm down. I always have plan b but at the same time once I become a registered nurse it will not be hard for me to get Visa. Like I've told you earlier, the demand for nurses all over the world is increasing every day and they don't deny nurses visa.

Lol, calm down. I always have plan b but at the same time once I become a registered nurse it will not be hard for me to get Visa. Like I've told you earlier, the demand for nurses all over the world is increasing every day and they don't deny nurses visa.
When I wrote jamb this year , I have four things in my mind. The first one was medicine and surgery which is difficult to get then followed by pharmacy which may be somewhat difficult and radiography. Nursing was my last option and I was looking for every opportunity to avoid doing it. What I'm trying to say is that radiography and nursing and sometimes pharmacy still have the same jamb score.

When I wrote jamb this year , I have four things in my mind. The first one was medicine and surgery which is difficult to get then followed by pharmacy which may be somewhat difficult and radiography. Nursing was my last option and I was looking for every opportunity to avoid doing it. What I'm trying to say is that radiography and nursing and sometimes pharmacy still have the same jamb score.
It's all your choice but i have been connected with people who did nursing in Nigeria and are in US, UK, Canada, etc now. After medicine and surgery, nursing is the next in line in terms of travelling abroad to work, infact nursing is easier. You can make your research.

It's all your choice but i have been connected with people who did nursing in Nigeria and are in US, UK, Canada, etc now. After medicine and surgery, nursing is the next in line in terms of travelling abroad to work, infact nursing is easier. You can make your research.
Ok , I will research on that . If nursing is that Lucretive then I believe that is what I should do because it is simpler to at least get admission into professional nursing school than this medicine and surgery.

Most of the times, many guards open the doors of many restaurants and business places. However, now I have noticed that even guards no longer open the doors as much as they used to do.

Ok , I will research on that . If nursing is that Lucretive then I believe that is what I should do because it is simpler to at least get admission into professional nursing school than this medicine and surgery.
Yes, it is very good and lucrative. I have had a scenario whereby people were asked what is the most lucrative jobs currently and they said nursing and some other courses relating to IT.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds