Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Who opens the doors of the business?

Opening doors should be the duty of a watchman. This would endeavor him to clean the business environment before the arrival of the business owner. This is the right thing to do.
Some if the business establishments may not have an employee watchman. In this case, the job will depend on the roles of the staff in the establishment if they are particularly few in number that are employed there. Sales reps can do that job

Advertisement Placeholder
Concerning who opens the doors of the business. Well, I believe if the business or company is a big one, it is expected that the guards and cleaners should be around before work hours to guard and clean up the place, but if it is a small scale, the owner might want to be the key holder to his office

the business's owner who does that at the first place, he's the one who's putting the first brick of that business's wall, so he's the one who's responsable about everything about it

Concerning who opens the doors of the business. Well, I believe if the business or company is a big one, it is expected that the guards and cleaners should be around before work hours to guard and clean up the place, but if it is a small scale, the owner might want to be the key holder to his office
You are absolutely right in your opinion. In case the company is small and there is not much staff, the owner is the one in charge of opening the door and being aware of it. But in case it is a large company and there is staff for it, it is usually the doorman, or failing that the security guard.

They can't work the same way because the guard is expected to guide from the gate and the entire working environment while doorman opens and closes mostly the receptionist door.
If in case their is no door man to open the door of the business will you say it’s the responsibility of the manager or other working staff? As for me it’s the responsibility of the security or the guard

Some if the business establishments may not have an employee watchman. In this case, the job will depend on the roles of the staff in the establishment if they are particularly few in number that are employed there. Sales reps can do that job
Sure, there is actually no big deal about opening doors and I don't understand what is there that people are even talking about it that much.

Loll..... It's the responsibility of the person whom the management handed the key to the door to, the watch man job is just to ensure the keys are intact and safe because if any of the staff take it home it can be misplaced so it better to stay at the office than take it home but the watch man does not have the authority to open the door...
Excellent, you describe in a correct way the responsibility of the watchman. In the vast majority of companies the security guard does not have such authority since his functions are different. Usually the keys are held by the doorman and the owners.

Private organisations like to maximize profit and minimise cost so what they do is that the gateman sometimes perform the duty of doorman and gateman together

An open door policy suggests to workers that a boss or manager is willing to listen to their concerns, grievances, suggestions, and problems in most industries. The goal is to promote open communication, feedback, and discussion of any concerns that employees may have.

An open door policy suggests to workers that a boss or manager is willing to listen to their concerns, grievances, suggestions, and problems in most industries. The goal is to promote open communication, feedback, and discussion of any concerns that employees may have.
You are absolutely right, usually small and medium sized private companies work that way. The big companies in my country do use both, doormen and security guards. Now in government entities they generally use both.

Its based on the structure of the business i think. I have seen some business whereby the manager or the boss holds the key but along the line they pass the key down to any of the worker that is never late. In most cases the cleaners are the key holders while some, the security men holds the key. I once saw a cases one time, where i went to repair my phone was locked so the workers had to work outside with poor working conditions. When i asked why they said their boss traveld that morning and he is the key holder. They cant actually complain cause he is the boss. Now of the key has been with a worker, he can never do that unless he or she has made up her mind in loosing that job
[automerge]1622349871[/automerge]
I have a relative who works as a security guard in the bank. He not only gets the keys to the the doors and gates but also has to stay in the building to provide security. He opens the gate and doors every day.
Yes in places like banks and the likes, it is usually the security/ gate man that holds the key cause they actually sleep there. So it makes no sense giving it to someone else that comes to work every morning From home when there are people that actually slip at work

Last edited:
Sure, there is actually no big deal about opening doors and I don't understand what is there that people are even talking about it that much.
You don't understand why there is so much talk about it. What I mean is that where I work there is a security guard and a doorman, they each have their own duties! When the doorman, keeps talking in the hallways and doesn't assume his responsibility, they want the guard to assume it, which is not right. Although we are all a team and everyone does everyone else's job, everyone should focus on performing their duties and not delegate. This is my point of view.

Lol I agree too, here in this part of the world the business owners are not the ones that open the business, the low level employees probably do that while the upper class employees come later at the resumption time because that isn't part of their job description
Exactly my point , in most of the company and businses world , the low level employee comes to work first and open the business while the high level officers comes in later and start works.

You don't understand why there is so much talk about it. What I mean is that where I work there is a security guard and a doorman, they each have their own duties! When the doorman, keeps talking in the hallways and doesn't assume his responsibility, they want the guard to assume it, which is not right. Although we are all a team and everyone does everyone else's job, everyone should focus on performing their duties and not delegate. This is my point of view.
I understand now. The doorman ought to do his responsibilities since he is getting paid for it. There is always a limit and the security guard shouldn't be the one doing the work of the door man.

I understand now. The doorman ought to do his responsibilities since he is getting paid for it. There is always a limit and the security guard shouldn't be the one doing the work of the door man.
That's right @Bookwormlux , I'm glad you understood, that's why I created the thread which has been interesting. As in many countries there is no doorman, therefore all the responsibility falls on other staff or the watchman.

That's right @Bookwormlux , I'm glad you understood, that's why I created the thread which has been interesting. As in many countries there is no doorman, therefore all the responsibility falls on other staff or the watchman.
If the doorman like in the case you stated isn't willing to be diligent in his place of primary assignment, he should be sacked and a better alternative should be hired.

If the doorman like in the case you stated isn't willing to be diligent in his place of primary assignment, he should be sacked and a better alternative should be hired.
This is the action to be taken in case he does not assume his responsibility and perform his duties. As I said, we are a team and we help each other, but this does not diminish the responsibility of each employee.

Assisting co workers In there responsibilities is okay if it's done for a more credible reason, but the person receiving the help should not feel entitled.

Assisting co workers In there responsibilities is okay if it's done for a more credible reason, but the person receiving the help should not feel entitled.
This is what usually happens with people, who are not won to fight for the company's improvements. So they want to earn a salary without much effort and expect others to do their job.

Such employees are common everywhere and they always get sacked. When they are sent off their jobs, others would think it was the business owner who was against such employees.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds