Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Who opens the doors of the business?

Such employees are common everywhere and they always get sacked. When they are sent off their jobs, others would think it was the business owner who was against such employees.
They think and talk about it, but the reality is different. I have seen many workers improve when their attention is called and they know they could lose their jobs, while others do not take the warnings into account. That is why many times the collaboration of the work team is lost, because of disinterested workers.

Advertisement Placeholder
If you're talking about public offices or companies and organisations, the responsibility on who opens the doors of the offices might be on the cleaners themselves who comes early to sweep the floors

If you're talking about public offices or companies and organisations, the responsibility on who opens the doors of the offices might be on the cleaners themselves who comes early to sweep the floors
Yes I have seen that in some cases although generally and from what I have read, it is done by the doorman, security guards or landlords. Since these keys are not held by everyone, but on the contrary by people they trust.

I think this opening of the door should be the responsibility of the watch man because security is an around the clock thing and for cleaners to clean before business starts.

I think this opening of the door should be the responsibility of the watch man because security is an around the clock thing and for cleaners to clean before business starts.
I agree with your position, the people who clean should not be responsible for the door. However, if there is a "doorman", is it still the responsibility of the caretaker to open the door?

I think opening a gate in a company should be a gateman not a employee because opening a gate is a gateman duty, not a employee.
The roles of a gateman is different from opening the doors of a company. The gateman role is most time limited to the entrance gate of the company while the doors opening is dedicated to selected staff of the company.

The roles of a gateman is different from opening the doors of a company. The gateman role is most time limited to the entrance gate of the company while the doors opening is dedicated to selected staff of the company.
That is exactly what I am referring to, at the door of the company when they are in working hours, who is the person in charge of the door, the guard or the doorman. Since in different institutions there is only a watchman whose functions are to keep watch and not to be the doorman. What do you think?

That is exactly what I am referring to, at the door of the company when they are in working hours, who is the person in charge of the door, the guard or the doorman. Since in different institutions there is only a watchman whose functions are to keep watch and not to be the doorman. What do you think?
Most companies usually have people who are staff that handles the closing and opening of the company doors but are sometimes not the entrance gatemen because it is a different job roles.

Most companies usually have people who are staff that handles the closing and opening of the company doors but are sometimes not the entrance gatemen because it is a different job roles.
I realize that in your country such positions and functions are developed differently. In financial companies there are usually no doormen, these functions are performed by security guards, but in other types of companies and government institutions, there are the doorman who perform their functions as I have already described.

it is the manager and all the VIP member of the business organisation should be the one that will be responsible for opening the door for a business to start,the trustee of a particular business organisation also have the responsibility to do so.

Each company is governed by its agreements and responsibilities. In the particular case of the functions of the employees of a trade, company or institution, where there are security personnel. Whose responsibility is it to open doors for staff to enter? The owner or the watchman? I have seen discussions because the guards want to put you as gatekeepers when your responsibility is to take care and as the word "watch" says to protect and take care of the staff.
I think the owner manages the business and opens the business but he can't be managing the business and still perform the watchman's duty . The watchman opening the door is why he is paid

I think the owner manages the business and opens the business but he can't be managing the business and still perform the watchman's duty . The watchman opening the door is why he is paid
It seems that the role of "watchman" is different in each country than in my country. Here we have a doorman and a security guard, the doorman is in charge of opening and closing the entrance door to the company, the security guard is in charge of protecting the security of the company.

it is the manager and all the VIP member of the business organisation should be the one that will be responsible for opening the door for a business to start,the trustee of a particular business organisation also have the responsibility to do so.
I do not think so though. So many employees are there including the door man, but you should never expect the manager of an organization to be the one to open the door.

I do not think so though. So many employees are there including the door man, but you should never expect the manager of an organization to be the one to open the door.
If the manager is not the one to open the door then who will do it because I think the manager should be the one to organise and control the key to the entrance to Business organisations office. I believe it is the duty of the manager.

If the manager is not the one to open the door then who will do it because I think the manager should be the one to organise and control the key to the entrance to Business organisations office. I believe it is the duty of the manager.
In general, according to the members' opinion, if the doorman does not open the door, the watchman will. As the support staff (laborers, cleaners, watchmen and doorman) should arrive first to maintain order and cleanliness in the company, before the rest of the staff arrives to start work. Doesn't it work like that in your country?

In general, according to the members' opinion, if the doorman does not open the door, the watchman will. As the support staff (laborers, cleaners, watchmen and doorman) should arrive first to maintain order and cleanliness in the company, before the rest of the staff arrives to start work. Doesn't it work like that in your country?
I just believe this might actually be how it is done because you have explain it better to my understanding,I didn't have an idea about this because I've never work for a private company as most of the work I am doing is always on contract.

It seems that the role of "watchman" is different in each country than in my country. Here we have a doorman and a security guard, the doorman is in charge of opening and closing the entrance door to the company, the security guard is in charge of protecting the security of the company.
Both of them are still under security department because the doorman cannot open door for a stranger. He is the first security one have to pass before entering the company

Both of them are still under security department because the doorman cannot open door for a stranger. He is the first security one have to pass before entering the company
If you are correct, they are both part of security, but with different functions in the company, the doorman at the door and the watchman supervising the inside and outside of the company. The guard belongs to a security company and the doorman belongs to the company payroll. At least that's how it works in my country.
Each organization is administered by its arrangements and duties. In the specific instance of the elements of the representatives of an exchange, organization or foundation, where there are security faculty. Whose duty is it to open entryways for staff to enter? The proprietor or the guard? I have seen conversations in light of the fact that the watchmen need to put you as guardians when your obligation is to be careful and as "watch" says to ensure and deal with the staff.
I understand your post perfectly, but the point is who opens the door, between the watchman and the doorman when both work in the company. When there is no doorman then we are talking about manager and watchman, the opinion leans to the watchman as you express it.

As doormen as you explain they are prepared to perform their duties, they must know and check if necessary each person entering and leaving.

This is exactly how it works in my country, the doormen as employees are responsible for the gates, the guard has a different responsibility.

I have learned through this thread, that in many countries have unified the work of both the doorman and the guard. What catches my attention, I thought it worked the same way everywhere.
Information is power like they always says, in some companies the guard also do open and closes door but in some other companies , they have different work, a doorman open and closes door while the work of a guard is to secure the people.

Information is power like they always says, in some companies the guard also do open and closes door but in some other companies , they have different work, a doorman open and closes door while the work of a guard is to secure the people.
I have been able to verify this in the diverse opinions of the members, in my country the security guard fulfills this function only in the financial entities. I understand that in companies where there is no doorman, the security guard fulfills the double function of guarding the door and guarding the company.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds