Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Skills or educational qualification

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather say both should be considered before giving work out to people because I can't imagine myself as a boss employing a person with a good educational qualification and little or no skill. Such a person will not despense what is required. So I would say the two should be considered.

Advertisement Placeholder
Both of them are important in life, skills and eductional is very important if we make use of it very well, if you don't have any opportunity to afford education, you can learn skills in order to make a good living.

Education and skill are two sides of the same coin. To succeed in the race of life, a person need to have a degree of Educatuin along with the skill. Education without the skill would be as empty as the skill without the Education. Both need to go hand-in-hand in order to be the survival of the fittest. Edu, is nothing but the certified documentation of the skill within the individual. Every person having the skill may not manage to attain the Edu. Similarly, every degree holder is not necessarily skilled.

A person can have many college degrees that are not bad, and admirable, but looking for a job that is not related to the profession or lacks skills will not be attractive to a business owner. With this in mind and being my company, I prefer to have a person with skills to help the company emerge.

Both are very important. Education gives you knowledge and skills sharpen your work. If you have skills, it means your mind is creative,And you have the ability to do a lot۔Education provides knowledge which enhances skills. Doing business requires both education and skills.But I would say skills are more important.

In the current business world, especially in Nigeria, salaries are payed based on educational qualification and level, I once work for a boss, we had a guy so good with graphics design, but he just finished secondary school, I was shocked when is pay is lower to some one else who has little skills compared to him, but with higher qualification.

As a business owner, which should you look at before you get people to work for you
Skills or Educational qualification?
Both have their own significance. If we talk about education then it is necessary to run a business. At the same time, expertise is just as important in business today. I think both should be given equal importance. If a person is more skilled with less education, he must be rewarded.

Both skills and educational knowledge are the best things. Because if you have only knowledge but not skills you can't do any work for yourself and your family but with this knowledge must have been because you can't succeed without this.

Thanks again for all your account and it is important to my workmarket you can comes to mind is going on with the other one is the one is a bit of the game on the funds to my workmarket you can comes to the gym and I have not received the check and the rest of December and the other is a little late today and I have not received any information from me to you in the funds to be a little bit late for you to be a good.

In the current business world, especially in Nigeria, salaries are payed based on educational qualification and level, I once work for a boss, we had a guy so good with graphics design, but he just finished secondary school, I was shocked when is pay is lower to some one else who has little skills compared to him, but with higher qualification.

As a business owner, which should you look at before you get people to work for you
If a qualified person does not have good skills. A person having good skills is better than him. Skills tell about the learning of a person. A good learner is better than a good reader. So according to my thinking skilled person is better.

Well educational qualification is more important than skills because of same rule in our country also.as in optometry field they couldn't get ophthalmologist so the person who have multitalanted skills couldn't get best advantages as compared the person who have done master degree in any field.An engineer who have done only diploma course couldn't appoint as bsc chemical engineering while diploma holder have much experience,knowledge and skills than a graduate person.so I think educational qualification is very important. OR if we have skills so we need to complete our education as well.

When I was working in the bank for 10 years as a computer programmer I had seen the progress of the career when the employee has a master's degree studies. One requirement for an applicant is a college diploma but when enrolled in a master's course it would be a plus factor even if the master's was not finished. I consider it as an educational discrimination because most of those promoted were so inefficient in their job and some were even proven to be incompetent. But they became supervisors and managers.

I will say skills is very important. However, it won't be bad to possess both. With educational qualifications you stand a greater chance to win contracts from big clients and also be able to have good interaction with them.

In all you do in this life you must have focus and desires to build yourself, Everything in life goes with each other either skills or education,combine both together to have a greater result which will have a greater effect in your life.

As a business owner I prioritize skills all the way. One who possesses skills can contribute maximally to the business growth. In recent years, it has been established that an individual might be academically sound but offer little close to nothing in the business world. Check the requirements by top tech companies, they pay little attention to your academic qualifications. It's only in developing countries that much emphasis is placed on education qualifications.

If i am to hire people to my company, it'll defintely be the guy who is more and highly skilled.

Skills is everything and maybe a little education here and there.
It is your skills and professionalism that will determine how well you do a job well or not more than your degree and academic qualifications.

I also think, salaries and wages should be paid according to your contribution to the comapany.

both are important but in this part of the world (Nigeria especially) skill is more important than education. Acquiring skill first before education will give you financial freedom, you wouldn't have to wait to be employed to start earning salary. Sometimes after education one may still need some skill to survive in Nigeria, then what is the need of education? Go for skill first, then education later.

Skills is definitely good but skill without education will not be fully utilised. even though we always try too pay much concentration to educational qualities this days. I believe skill acquisition is literally important and goes hand in hand with educational qualifications.

Skills would go a long way to secure a continuous cash inflow, and self fulfilment as well as self development. Most developed countries are reverting to establishing platforms where skills are been given priority and serves as the foundation for economic growth of such countries

Education qualifications are important to ensure the job requirements can be met. Sometimes experience can accepted as equal to education but it really depends on the type job. For professional deginations education levels and continuing education is also required to ensure the person has up to date skills.

To me though, both are very important, both education and skills. When you are skillfull and educated as well, you have edge over others. But personally for me, I will rather employee a potential employee with skills. Though, his degree too is important but that would never fetch my business a dime but his skills are very important
[automerge]1612870938[/automerge]
To me though, both are very important, both education and skills. When you are skillfull and educated as well, you have edge over others. But personally for me, I will rather employee a potential employee with skills. Though, his degree too is important but that would never fetch my business a dime but his skills are very important

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds