Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Skills or educational qualification

Status
Not open for further replies.
The both skills and education is very important to qualify for. If you have skills without education, it's like you stand with one leg, and if you have education without skills is not good because education is not guarantee of success. Education is just a step to success. So, no of the both I can ridicule because I have the both qualifications.

Advertisement Placeholder
In the current business world, especially in Nigeria, salaries are payed based on educational qualification and level, I once work for a boss, we had a guy so good with graphics design, but he just finished secondary school, I was shocked when is pay is lower to some one else who has little skills compared to him, but with higher qualification.

As a business owner, which should you look at before you get people to work for you
Skills or Educational qualification?
In the current world skills are so much important than education qualification .
We find that with skills you can do wonders in any kind of business .
The good thing with skills is that you can employ yourself and not rely on government employment

Educational qualification is very important as well as skill acquisition. To me that values education it takes little to retrain someone educated than someone not.
Our system favour education more not that skills are not important but if you add education to your skill you are going to do wonderfully well

It is this policy that makes examination malpractice become a norm in every society in Nigeria to the extent of parents having to ask from schools if there is any assistance the school render to the students whenever they write external examination.

I prefer educational qualification than skills, but these days people aquire both educational qualification and skill so that if they go into the location labour market they can fit in anywhere. White collar jobs are difficult to get these days, so people prefer to keep learn a skill so that they will not be idle.

In the current business world, especially in Nigeria, salaries are payed based on educational qualification and level, I once work for a boss, we had a guy so good with graphics design, but he just finished secondary school, I was shocked when is pay is lower to some one else who has little skills compared to him, but with higher qualification.

As a business owner, which should you look at before you get people to work for you
Someone can have the expected educational qualifications but no skills. I prefer one with good skills but then again if people are doing the same thing then they should be paid equally. Pay people according to the level of their job standard that way they can work as a team. Education or not,if they do the same thing thing pay should be the same then bonuses for one's hard work and that's how someone benefit from being skilled.

Most of African countries focus more on educational qualities while the advanced countries focus more on your skill. Skill will make you richer in a twinkle of an eye. Education will let you go far with your skill.

Both educational qualification and skill are very important, although our society places more emphasis on educational qualifications while relegating skills to the background, truth is that skills is what get the job done. So if I'm to employ someone, I will make skills the main criteria for recruitment while educational qualifications will be added advantage.
Yaeh you are right taht for doing a business there is need of skills, education, and experience. If you have education and not experience then you can't be successful in your business. All these needed in the business.

Education is more important than skill. ... The academic education helps you in understanding the concepts behind the technology, science, society or whatever field you choose, but skill development is the thing that will help you in creating solutions and products, get a good job in a company, or become an entrepreneur.

As a business owner, interviews for candidates must include oral and practicals asides an educational qualification irrespective of the class of degree. A good salary is also expected, these features will definitely produce great workers.

Skill and educational qualification are both important in the sense that we all know the value of education in our current economy today. Let me bring it down to my nation Nigeria whereby if you don't acquire a skill and you're in search of a job one would later on resorting to vices which will hinder the growth of the economy. Both are important for a balanced system.

Skills is much more important than education qualifications, I believe in the western world that they value skills much more than educational qualifications, but over here in Africa reverse is actually the case as no matter your level of skills, if you don't have some educational qualifications and certificates they will never promote you at your work place or give you a salary increase.

Statistics has also shown that some persons who claims to have educational qualification lacks the basic skills in the field ,and some with the skills are not theoretically oriented.
I think , if one should be able to balance the two , it will go a long way in helping to solve the issues

Both Skills and education are very important things and both oplay a key role in success If you have educations, you will easily to learn skills and any problem will not be faced And education compulsory to achieve a successful life .

I think skills exceeds qualifications. Skills is inbuilt and no one can take it away, whereas qualifications need paper or a form of certification to show that you have actually attained that qualification. The present world, everyone has a certificate or another but not everyone possesses a skill that is marketable.

I personally would prefer skills, The USA recently has been focusing on them as well instead of educational degress, and they are right, having a degree in something doesn't really mean you are perfect on it

If it's possible to acquire both skills and educational experience, I would prefer to get both because one makes the other more better.

It's only when you can't possibly afford education, that it's a priority to acquire just skills.

Education only guide one, enlightens one to deal to face life realities. But without additional working skills, I don't think one can succeed in Nigeria here. Because relying only on your educational knowledge that has to do with theories mainly. Won't get you, your dream job, you need creativity to succeed in some demanding work type.

An efficient Security Manager would ensure that a concise Service Level Agreement is in place with all Service Providers. For Example, the Guarding Company, Technology Companies, Electric Fence Companies. These Service Level Agreements ensure a full understanding of the expectations, with turnaround times for critical and high priority issues.

Irrespective of the level of skills you have, the importance of a very high level of educational qualification can not be overemphasized. Your know how can not be quantified with those that have gone through the 4 walls of schools to attain higher degree. I would always give credit to those that have education over those that have skills.

If l own a business and I'm looking forward to employing new employees, l will be looking out for more skills from the employee than educational qualification. Even though it is necessary to get some qualification, but the skills is more important in performing an job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds