Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Online store vs offline store

For starting a business, it is definitely needs to be offline first so as to have a good customer base first. Then growing, you need to be online to expand your market. Both online and offline are very important because they work together.
Exactly, I would recommend all businesses to operate both online and offline, when you have a business location it gives you credibility many customers have fallen victim to fraud and inferior products as a result of buying online hence they prefer buying offline. Though they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Advertisement Placeholder
Online stores are taking over currently but I still prefer offline trading because not everyone has access to the Internet and online stores sell things more expensive than offline stores.

Depending on the product on offer. I am thinking big on fish farming and all the resources that I will be needing are just a phone call away. From pond preparation and treatment, to stocking of fingerlings and to buying of fish feeds. At maturity, the labourer to harvest are at arms length. The potential buyers of fresh fish can be reached on phone and the bulk of it will be forward integrated by means of smoking the fish.
So, with above scenario, I will combine both as there are needs to keep up with my potential customers through WhatsApp, facebook status update and there are instances where physical contacts will be made

Clearly the world is advancing and it's moving to a virtual world where everything can be shopped from the comfort of your home without much stress and that's where online stores comes to play but without doubt the possibility of being scammed or buying a fake product is higher than getting from an offline store where you can be sure of the purchased item but eitherways there are downsides to the both.

Depending on the situation at the moment
When social distancing is becoming the norm in the society or a particular region, online shopping always scores big compared to crowded offline stores. An online store allows you to shop from your home’s convenience and avoid large crowds and traffic

As for me I prefer both offline and online stores. Oftentimes, offline business owners creates online presence for their products through sponsored ads on social media platforms. Both can be used synonymously and can prove to be very effective. Though if it’s a must to choose between online and offline businesses, I will prefer offline stores cause of its physicality

Because of the digital age we are in, online store seems to be the better option. This is because of its ease in operation. It is very important that whatever business you do you put the satisfaction of customers in mind.
Customers want to patronise a business where they don't have to waste time and also get good delivery
This is why online store seems to be the better option because it can serve better than an offline store

Online store is the way forward in this present dispensation cause every one is going digital and the world has become a global village through the use of Internet and more so you will get a wider range of customers as opposed to a physical shop.

It is true what you explain in this thread @Sincerem, the problem of the pandemic, in some way has helped many companies in increasing their income in online businesses. Even so in my case I prefer an offline business, for example a hairdresser in which digital marketing can be carried out but the way to execute it is offline.

In this days and time, I think the most suitable form of business that anyone can start up right now is online business. Online business is the rave of the moment occasioned by the outbreak of coronavirus pandemic. This line of business is soaring high and making great inroads into the market. the fact that there are social distancing and people don't do not want to contact coronavirus makes online business very lucrative as more people now patronizes online businesses.

The world is gradually moving to digital market. Lots of offline stores owners are establishing online stores for their business even before covid19 emanated. But increased extremely high since covid19 interrupted many offline business. Some offline business are still marketable too. But due to the risk of people contracting corona virus, the government halted many offline businesses. But the ones that started long ago via online didn't experience such set back. Rather they increase their volume to sell faster than what they were selling at earlier time when covid19 never existed. Online stores are on a high demand cos of the massive increase on request from people ordering things online. If corona virus continues like this for years, i don't think their will be many offline business to exist and operate fully.

Which one is suitable for you to start up, offline or online store??
The cost of setting up store or shop offline is Hugh if you want a good standard for your business even for start up. That is why I will suggest that one should start with an offline store, you can simply get a website to be designed for you where you post your products for people to see.

It is true what you explain in this thread @Sincerem, the problem of the pandemic, in some way has helped many companies in increasing their income in online businesses. Even so in my case I prefer an offline business, for example a hairdresser in which digital marketing can be carried out but the way to execute it is offline.
Yeah, your hair dressing business can also be done online, but best known as an offline business type. You can use online to promote it, to make people know you're a professional hair dresser. Through such avenue those that didn't know your skill will track you for you to make their hair well. You can also hire you to make their hair at their own comfort, that will give you additional finance too.

Yeah, your hair dressing business can also be done online, but best known as an offline business type. You can use online to promote it, to make people know you're a professional hair dresser. Through such avenue those that didn't know your skill will track you for you to make their hair well. You can also hire you to make their hair at their own comfort, that will give you additional finance too.
Exactly @Sincerem, online marketing is important since potential clients who are interested in what is offered, will look for a way to find the location of the hairdresser, which in the end the work is done from the same houses or in a specific location . Because it is the only way to work with the client.

If your business supports both, run it. People find confidence that when things go sour from online they can have an offline shop they can reach you with.
Though, online is also a means of minimizing the expenses in the business in terms of rent payment which means more gain. It also means your business cannot be put on halt due to any pandemic.

Exactly @Sincerem, online marketing is important since potential clients who are interested in what is offered, will look for a way to find the location of the hairdresser, which in the end the work is done from the same houses or in a specific location . Because it is the only way to work with the client.
You made a point, the potential client might hire you and pay you for for the whole day you supposed to have worked for. I have seen such before at my areas, where a barber was hired for the whole day by a rich man and settled the barber everything he ought to work for that day plus interest.

Online store is the best, this doesn't mean you can't run an offline store too. Opening an online store is just a way to create awareness for your products and reach a wide range of people across the world. Online stores tend to go a long way in reaching people than offline stores which is restricted to just your local area

I will choose online store any day any time over offline store. My reason is because, you don't need to leave your house in order to get any product you want. In dealing with online stores, one must avoid unscrupulous and malicious businesses in order to avoid getting cheated. I think on the other hand offline store has advantages, in the sense that you are there physically, to see you what you want to buy and you pay physically. So, I think it is a bit safer.

Some businesses are trying to minimize the environmental footprint by using recyclable materials in their packaging. For instance, Ecovative’s mushroom-based packaging made from mycelium - the root-like structure of mushrooms - is biodegradable. Others, including Amazon, have started using new box-making technology that enables them to customize packaging based on the exact size of the product being shipped, helping reduce overpackaging.

Both of them is really good and but offline store is expensive to hire and maintain in a good location that can make you alot of money,its depends on which one you are interested but I think online store is more profitable than offline store because you don't need to pay rent.

agree that knowledge is power but without money not much can be done. Financial power can be used to gain political power, which in turn can be used to get new legislation passed for good and bad. Also many successful people never received a higher education, but have made billions and changed the world like Steve Jobs

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds