Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you think offline stores will make ample of profits if covid19 stays on?

Journal of Business Research

Volume 117, September 2020, Pages 284-289

Effects of COVID-19 on business and research​

Author links open overlay panelNaveenDonthuAndersGustafsson
Show more
Outline
Cite
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2020.06.008Get rights and content

Abstract​

The COVID-19 outbreak is a sharp reminder that pandemics, like other rarely occurring catastrophes, have happened in the past and will continue to happen in the future. Even if we cannot prevent dangerous viruses from emerging, we should prepare to dampen their effects on society. The current outbreak has had severe economic consequences across the globe, and it does not look like any country will be unaffected. This not only has consequences for the economy; all of society is affected, which has led to dramatic changes in how businesses act and consumers behave. This special issue is a global effort to address some of the pandemic-related issues affecting society. In total, there are 13 papers that cover different industry sectors (e.g., tourism, retail, higher education), changes in consumer behavior and businesses, ethical issues, and aspects related to employees and leadership
Thanks a lot for taking your time well to analyse critically how covid19 have affect the global community. Its not easy at all for those large business establishments like, the retail shops, tourism, cinemas and higher education. I know we've always been marred with natural occurrences. Even if covid19 depart today we should expect more dangerous natural catastrophes to hit on us again. But i pray it shouldn't happen like the way covid19 acted.

Advertisement Placeholder
I think coronavirus is a thing that effects offline shops very much and online shopping grow and offline work it down if covid-19 occur as well it effects offline business very the follow government instructions and obey them.
Humans are fed up with covid19 hampering of our daily routine life, and businesses. We just want to move on and start our offline activities like in the normal days. We want to get underway with our respective businesses for those that owns one. At the moment, it is not possible to start fully like it were before.

So, do you think offline business gonna reap ample of dividends if covid19 stays on, and form part of us till time indefinite??

well, the lock-down isn't strict like before and some people are now able to work, which means, they are now able to spend money on secondary things that aren't food like before where people had to save every single cent they had

I think the offline business that I have is losing money due to the corona virus. This is the rona virus.Offline businesses are completely shut down, their profits are down, which is why these people started going into it. If nothing else happened to them, they fired Barqar or it also increased unemployment.

If covid19 stays then offline business will really be in a very bad situation because even now offline business and really facing a lot of challenges due to the post of covid19 pandemic. No business man is praying for this continuation of Covid19, we all wish for covid19 to end

I think it is a really tough time for offline businesses to trade and profit. The virus caused a lockdown for two months and I can't imagine the loss. Most of them didn't earn a penny over the lockdown and it was a trying time.

The Impact of Science-19 on Business and Research. Science Direct
The debate is not about whether an epidemic will spread, but when a new epidemic breaks out ... we should also try to learn from the consequences of an epidemic outbreak ...

It is important to actualize arrangements that would significantly rate figure they will actually want to make a benefit. Notwithstanding which situation works out, food retailers should think ahead and be set up to act rapidly.

If covid-19 stays on for a long time, offline stores will make profits they have learnt to be smart when covid19 started last year most offline stores now runs online sales and supplies also. I do know people who do not patronise online stores due to wrong supplies of what they asked for, most especially the elderly ones they will always go to offline stores to purchase whatever it is they want to buy.

I think coronavirus is a thing that effects offline shops very much and online shopping grow and offline work it down if covid-19 occur as well it effects offline business very the follow government instructions and obey them.
Yeah bro, it is very bad on offline business type. It has hampered offline business progress a lot no doubt. That's why they are finding their way into online business, cos inline business isn't restricted by the government. Infact is the one generally accepted worldwide.

Covid-19 pandemic has dealt a huge blow on our offline businesses and will continue to affect it negatively until it's finally curtailed or we find a way to live with it, just like every other diseases that have been troubling mankind. Truth is that with the emergence of vaccines, and their ability to help in fighting the disease, there are lots of optimism that this will soon be over.

Covid-19 pandemic has dealt a huge blow on our offline businesses and will continue to affect it negatively until it's finally curtailed or we find a way to live with it, just like every other diseases that have been troubling mankind. Truth is that with the emergence of vaccines, and their ability to help in fighting the disease, there are lots of optimism that this will soon be over.
Hmm, it will soon be over, but what i meant is if the global pandemic lasts for years do you think offline business owners gonna make huge profit returns on the small unit operation as offline business enterprises??

Offline stores has already suffered enough in this pandemic. The continual lockdown of activities will only ass to their ruins. Measure should be take to reduce the spread of COVID and businesses should open again.

Admittedly offline stores were struggling when the lockdown was imposed and even after the lockdown was lifted business did not go back to normal. Most of the fast food outlets and restaurants, grocery stores and supermarkets have devised their own way with the delivery system. When the pandemic leaves I'm sure people will go back to their traditional way of going to places, eating out and shopping personally. Offline stores will earn more profit.

Offline stores has already suffered enough in this pandemic. The continual lockdown of activities will only ass to their ruins. Measure should be take to reduce the spread of COVID and businesses should open again.
The measures that can be taken to curtail the inflow of the dreaded virus, is through vaccine. No vaccine no cure. Offline businesses have suffered a lot when it comes to the global pandemic disturbances. I just hope things get better so this businesses can start again offline.

The measures that can be taken to curtail the inflow of the dreaded virus, is through vaccine. No vaccine no cure. Offline businesses have suffered a lot when it comes to the global pandemic disturbances. I just hope things get better so this businesses can start again offline.
They will make significantly more profits if the COVID remains. However the profits will increase at a diminishing rate as most businesses have moved online.

They will make significantly more profits if the COVID remains. However the profits will increase at a diminishing rate as most businesses have moved online.
For me the people that is benefitting from this covid19 uncertainty, its those that owns online business. They don't have restriction when it comes to reaching out to their business. They don't engage in body contact negotiations rather it is done remotely.

If they can can utilize online strategy I see no reason why they cant survive despite the covid 19 saga.
Quote of the day!
The fear factor can be a leach to your progress, do not allow it. Always aim better and bigger. There's victory ahead.

It might be a bit difficult for the offline businesses to make enough of it why the pandemic is still around. If the pandemic is still around, it means there will still be a lockdown and this me makes it a bit hard for anybody to make money while people stay indoor. It is only have your business on the internet will be making most of the profit.

Yes is the answer bro, in fact offline stores make more profit more than online shops, in my own country, that's how it is, those who claim they doing online businesses also have offline stores where they so their business they have those who sale for them, ant they don't really base on their offline business.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds