Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Dealing with some bad employees

Ralphjoe

Captain Junkie
Credits
Some employee needs some spanking on the but and even the worst complete sack from work at times.
This topic was informed by an incident that happened at my workplace sometime ago, my colleague at work i.e an employee to my boss was being so disrespectful to our boss, just because our boss was trying to correct him on some blunders he made at work. He flared up and started using cuss words on our boss, we as fellow colleagues tried to calm him down and shut him up but still he refused.
At the end of the day, our boss only gave him two days suspension 😲.
If you were my boss, what would you have done to him?

Advertisement Placeholder
Give input on what practices the representatives need to change. Maintain the emphasis on gathering the objectives of the mission to diminish protectiveness and limit payoff. You'll need to clarify that you are not reprimanding them actually, however giving them data to improve execution. Ensure you report key focuses so you have an establishment for making a move if the representatives conduct doesn't change.

Be steady and just location issues you are happy to keep up. Workers are watching what you accomplish more than they are focusing on what you state. On the off chance that you set a norm yet grant conduct that doesn't fulfill that guideline, irregularity will impart that principles are adaptable and unsure.

1. Give clear, behavioral feedback. Most managers will spend months, even years, complaining about poor employees… and not ever giving them actual feedback about what they need to be doing differently. Yes, giving tough feedback is one of the most uncomfortable things a manager has to do. But great managers learn to do to it reasonably well, and then they do it. Here’s a post where I outline the approach we teach. This approach does two key things: lowers the other person’s defensiveness, and gives them the specific information they need in order to improve. Whatever approach you use, make sure it does these two things.

I believe good rapport should be established between employee and employer, some bosses are too boossy (exercising power over their employees) although in this case I don't really know who is at fault but if I happen to be the boss here, I will ensure I understand the reason for such action and then create roon for the employee to express his or her reason for that then give warning or corrections as the case may be.

Dealing with bad emloyess is a very sensitive matter. There should be some defined pshychology and condtions to deal with bad employess. They can' t be treated with anger and wrath, but with politeness and with with good temperament.

Dealing with bad employees requires a lot of patience and wisdom, most people believes all bad employees should be sacked, at times one needs to know the reason why the person is doing what he or she is doing before punishing them, suspension at times is enough punishment sacking is extreme and most times it depends on the companies rules and regulations.

Most people think sacking a bad employee is the best way to deal with him but I think sacking should be the last resort, when all other options have failed.
Suspension is still a good punishment to consider before outright sacking, place the erring employee under probation and warn him.
If he continues misbehaving then you might consider sacking him.

Some employees sometimes are hard to control, they show some bad tendencies at work place. In order to deal with simultaneously, you need to attach laws and ethics that shouldn't be broken. In every business environment rules are given to be abide to. So I believe you have power over your employees, you can issue them rules/laws that shouldn't be violated.

I will always say it is advisable you screen and interview all your employees before employing them to work with you. Yes some employee need spanking on their butt, but it is advisable you talk one on one with them. Let them know the rules and regulations of your business. And also tell them the punishment involved when those rules are violated. Some of your punishment should include dismissal from work and deduction of salary. This method helps to keep them in check.

Dealing with bad employees can be very difficult, especially when you don't other staff to know
If you conclude that you really need to fire the person, you must first document their offenses and any response you’ve offered so far. “You want to establish a pattern of behavior, the steps you took to address it, the information, warnings or resources provided to the employee, and the failure of the employee to change,” Porath says. Include “supporting material” too: formal complaints, relevant information from performance evaluations, such as 360-degree or peer reviews. The idea, says Minor, is to protect yourself and the company and to show your employee exactly why they are being let go.

To be cussing a boss rude to a boss is bad manner. That would is why a employer must have a qualities of being a boss. Therefore, some time it's my difficult for employer to sarck an employee if the employee is working hard and contributing to the business. But no matter how boss must act like boss.

If I were your boss, I will terminate his appointment. An employer with a vision only needs somone he can control, direct but not dominate. If an employer cannot control his employee, it is difficult to achieve the organization's goal.

The employer will have to talk to the employee and understand what's causing the behavior, then give him a concrete, specific feedback and offer opportunity to change. Then if the behavior still persist, look for ways to minimize his interactions with other workers.

I have only heard about an abusive employer to employee I haven't heard of an employee abusing his employer. As the case maybe this can happen if they are opposite sex and they employee and employer nare dating themselves but if they are of the same sex and the employee abuse the employer then i think the employee should be dealt with descisevely

Nothing you can do about that because no employees is saint just they they little different but the moment you found out that he's really bad you can change his department and such employees must not be promoted to any office but be as a worker

I think we should give them chance and time to work properly and honestly instead dealing with bad manner because by doing such kind of bad and showing wrong behaviour Might be our business will go in bad side .
[automerge]1609162068[/automerge]
I think we should give them chance and time to work properly and honestly instead dealing with bad manner because by doing such kind of bad and showing wrong behaviour Might be our business will go in bad side .

Some employee needs some spanking on the but and even the worst complete sack from work at times.
This topic was informed by an incident that happened at my workplace sometime ago, my colleague at work i.e an employee to my boss was being so disrespectful to our boss, just because our boss was trying to correct him on some blunders he made at work. He flared up and started using cuss words on our boss, we as fellow colleagues tried to calm him down and shut him up but still he refused.
As long as what transpired between an employer and the employee is aimed at the adjustment that will bring development to the organization, I believe a rude employee deserve to be sanctioned for any nonchalant attitude discovered from such employees end. However. As a boss and the business owner, after fully disrespect by an employee, i would serve such individual a probation letter after that day work to be a behavioural report and warning to adjust to such character, if not it may attract being sack from work.

First of all, if the employee does this, then I will convince him with kind behavior , if he still wants to do this then I have to use a strict him, because some people doesn't understand the word of love as the word of power.

If I would be there I would advise him for the first time but if he do mistakes consciously again and again, I won't be able to bear his behaviour, simply I will throw him out of my company because I don't need trash in my company

I don't see the need to manage a bad employee the only way to manage them is to sack them because a bad employee can actually bring down your business, when it comes to business and relationship with client a bad employee is not something to consider because they might bring bad image to the company or organisation,but if someone make mistake just warn them and make them to understand what they did was wrong and advise them to do it no more,

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds