Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why do so many graduates refuse to learn a profitable skill?

Some people even feel that office work is for the fortunate to study while learning skill is for those who were not that privileged and hard to succumb to the pressure of learning new skills

Advertisement Placeholder
The rate of unemployment seems to be increasing as time goes on, and this is mainly because so many graduates didn't bother to learn a profitable skill because they were thinking about securing a well paying job upon graduation, only to be disappointed at the end.

Why do you think graduates don't want to learn profitable skills that would make them to b independent.
They believe they would get job one day, some refused because of prid, of people seeing a graduate learning from those that didn't go to school.

Since they suffered to earn the certificate they simply want the white collar job. No white collar job no skill that's why many of them remained in their father's house even during old age.

A lot of them actually believe their certificate will definitely earn them good pay at the end of their schooling activities not knowing what is up for them after school

That what most affects some graduates whereby they will continue searching for white collar job where it scarce, it is better to be wise now by not waiting for the government job which delay your time

well I think in my personal point of view ,the reason why many graduates refuse to learn a profitable skills is that many of them don't have the experience to start up a business ,they also totally rely on there studies ,thinking at the end they might end up getting a job ,

The truth is many graduates are just too proud to learn new skills, because they are graduates, they look down on most of the skills they are supposed to learn and that is why most are jobless especially in my country here and yet people who doesn't go to school keep succeeding in their skills.

The reason is that a lot of people do not believe in the opportunity online business offers and some do not even know it's possible to make real money online.
So many graduates refuse to learn profitable skills because the thing after wasting their years going to school and now they'll come back to start learning other skills they were supposed to learn skills if they needed the skills so much than going to school.

So many of them feel like after school a better job awaits them,so it is a beat suprising to them,while some is as a result of pride.

Because of the thought that most skills are demeaning. Like imagine a graduate opening a saloon shop. I mean after schooling for 4 years or so

Maybe because it had become a pass down thought that education is enough to make one successful and the fact that those who go to acquire skills aren't educated or poised. But the truth is that education without skill acquisition, is like sitting on a three legged chair.

It's really not easy to expect someone who has been introduced to the educational sector from childhood to graduation and expect someone to still learn a skill, but that's where we are, we must adjust if we are to stay relevant

Gra
The rate of unemployment seems to be increasing as time goes on, and this is mainly because so many graduates didn't bother to learn a profitable skill because they were thinking about securing a well paying job upon graduation, only to be disappointed at the end.

Why do you think graduates don't want to learn profitable skills that would make them to b independent.
Graduates who have no skill have the mindset that after school they'll apply for job that they will be paid monthly, most times not every one is lucky to get a good paying job, those that don't get job finds it difficult to learn a skill because they feel it's a waste of time and they really need money not gaining a skill, as an apprentice you don't get paid so this discourages them because they have so many responsibilities to take care of.

Well, not everyone must learn a skill. The high level of insincerity online is the reason most graduates turn a blind eye to online skill acquisition.

They have refused learning profitable skills because they think it getting a job after their graduation that matter most instead adding some skills along the way as they go about job hunting

I can site laziness for Beeing one factor that will make some graduates not to learn some valuable skills online that might have been marketable than their degree qualifications they're depending on

You are right, although many do not want to accept it, they believe that if they do not work in an office they feel inferior. When they have that mentality they lose a lot until they realize that the best triumph is humility and begin to develop skills.
I would like be the devil's advocate here. Some of this skilled job are very demeaning. Imagine spending 5 years in school and ending up as a shoe mender

I would like be the devil's advocate here. Some of this skilled job are very demeaning. Imagine spending 5 years in school and ending up as a shoe mender
Trust me there is no feeling as painful as that honestly. I have seen cases where by people who where the best in their school are now taxi drivers or are busy hawking things on the street. It's painful and depressing, this is why some would never want to even find something else to do and keep on hoping for an office job

This is one thought that I needed expressed on this thread. As much as learning a skill has become the new norm, many who graduated from universities would have towed that line from the very beginning instead of wasting valuable time and funds studying a course they may never work with.

There are many students who may not have time to learn skills and they mostly concentrate more on getting educated. However, many people in my country focus more on learning skills rather than getting education. They believe that skills are more important. Most of these folks belong to poor families. This is a big problem in our city.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds