Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why do so many graduates refuse to learn a profitable skill?

Well it's true this happens a lot, they might feel they are past that now or some might feel too big to but for me I see nothing wrong in learning a skill as that would be an added advantage
I think that narrative is changing. Especially for the graduates in my country, there is no job our president came out clearly to say that there is no job. So a lot of graduates in my country are seeking other alternatives.

Advertisement Placeholder
Some universities do not tell their students the truth about the real world and this makes the students not learn a skill.

Yes I see that too , learning a skill needs a lot of patience and only few people who have this degree of patience so only few people who could learn skills .

I wish I had learned how to trade before I left the institution. Then I had a friend who was fully into it and he was making some weekly withdrawals. Now I was forced to go back online and learn it on my own and some other skills. Why?
The job is not there.

The reason why many graduate don't want to learn skill is because they don't want start work on their own they prefer to get work from government or private sectors.

I think it's as a result of the feeling that the job ain't meant for them. The believe in white collar jobs which in my country is quite scarce to obtain. So in the end, they always resolve to learning these skills as there are no office job around.

Many of them spent 5 to 6 years in school so they wonder how they'll spend another time learning a new skill. Some refuse to learn because of ego and would want office jobs only.

Because they have been made to see that learning a particular skill.or handwork is a low estate thing for people that are not in their class if life

Graduates who do not want to learn profitable skills, depending on the person's personality, graduates who want to develop their skills will learn all the knowledge that supports their profession, as well as other useful skills for themselves.

The reason is that a lot of people do not believe in the opportunity online business offers and some do not even know it's possible to make real money online.
I don't really know why some graduates refused to learn profitable skills most of them they may be frustrated for the number of years they've been to school and their house without no opportunity or good jobs

Learning a skill is like getting education which requires some amounts of money to do which most young graduate might not be able to pay for the service since they are not yet working.

Some of the graduate that don't learn skills after they have searched for jobs are lazy and some do see learning skills as been suffering. In my area I have someone that is into furniture and he has First Class after bitcoin securing a job

I think it is advisable for you to learn all the skills that is needed before you get into the university because it might be difficult for you to be able to learn them after you have graduated.

Graduate has this intention and ambition that they are going to exercise their knowledge in thier respective field and that has make them not to think about learning any hand work again.

The reality of learning a skill is starting to dawn on graduates as they realise that to get a job is increasingly becoming difficult,it will take a while before it can become a norm.

Many graduates fall into the deception of getting a job after graduation which as we all know is in the reality of today's world. This reality as it seems turned on them too late in their life. Skills are a very important aspects of development in today's world and in my opinion I think they should they should be Incorporated in universities and taught as a course.

The reality of learning a skill is starting to dawn on graduates as they realise that to get a job is increasingly becoming difficult,it will take a while before it can become a norm.
Indeed. There are no jobs out there, many have started going into one hand skill or the other. Some even go ahead to start a hand skill while still in school

They think they have been groomed to work just in the office and that is why most of them could even spend time to wait for government job opportunities

It was a passes knowledge from generation to another generation, that education is the key to success, thereby neglecting to stress on the need the need to acquire skills. Knowledge and skills works hand in hand, without one, the other can function well especially in my country where certification is not valued but your skills will paved ways for you.

Yeah, a lot of the time a person graduates, they don't get into a job they studied for. Of course there is a chance of that happening, but majority of people don't get into the profession they want to. I don't think it's their profession not being profitable, I just think the market is full up, so it's tougher to get jobs in those sectors. But once you do, you will likely be making a good paycheck.

There are of course graduates who study subjects that don't help them in any way. Should study business, as you'll at least learn important things on how to keep afloat and getting back on track.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds