Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

When would you quit to go full-time with YouTube?

I agree, though not everyone is open to considering it an actual career, being a good youtuber involves a lot of skills such as marketing, managing your time and yourself and potentially even employees, being familiar with video equipment and software, editing, presenting, etcetera.

Youtube is considered a side business by many people, as there are majority of the Youtubers who do not rely on Youtube alone to make money. Just because a few Youtubers have become famous, it does not mean that all will be popular in the same way.

Advertisement Placeholder
Youtube is considered a side business by many people, as there are majority of the Youtubers who do not rely on Youtube alone to make money. Just because a few Youtubers have become famous, it does not mean that all will be popular in the same way.
I certainly agree, becoming truly popular is not easy, and in some niches content creation can become oversaturated. For many people it is indeed more of a side hustle.

As for me I am not a Youtuber and I doubt if there is anyone that will quit his or her job to work full time on YouTube. Instead it is best for one to do it while searching for job. And when the job is found, it could be combined or you can quit the YouTube for the new job if it is really worth it. That is just my opinion though.

I think the best time to quit your work for full-time YouTube blogging is when you have about six months savings of your salary offline. Another time you can decide to quit your offline job for you YouTube blogging is when it is bringing about three times the amount you earn as a salary offline.

Well I think you should go to college and study for your future job if youtube doesnt go as you expected. So if I was a huge youtuber I would leave my job/not college. If I made over 100k dollars worth of revenue I would quit my job but not college.

It depends on what you make on average. I would advise anyone with a growing channel to sell merch and do paid ad deals. You can't rely on YouTube paying you enough anymore.

As for me I am not a Youtuber and I doubt if there is anyone that will quit his or her job to work full time on YouTube. Instead it is best for one to do it while searching for job. And when the job is found, it could be combined or you can quit the YouTube for the new job if it is really worth it. That is just my opinion though.
Only people that knows much more about how to make money on YouTube can decide to quit their offline job and go full-time working as a YouTuber , there are many ways you can make money on youtube but first you need a YouTube channel.

I've always wondered how the bigger YouTubers make this decision, how do you make that leap to go full-time with YouTube and quit the day job? I'm sure the logical point is to quit when YouTube allows you to make the same you would in your day job as at least you wouldn't be losing money at that point.

I always think though, if you're running around with a day job and then coming back to film/edit/plan etc. a load of videos as well, at which point does one take that preference. YouTube is always stable in terms of income in my eyes, all it takes a few videos to tank and maybe you've lost some revenue without the job to fall back on.

Anyway, I digress. When do you think you would take the leap to become a full-time YouTuber? What are your prerequisites before you would make that decision?
I haven't made a dime as a YouTuber in my life before. I heard there's money in it but I'm always too lazy to explore. I would quit And become a full time YouTuber if it pays me really well

I don't think anybody can quit his job or business in order to go full time on YouTube. Even the celebrities that have billions of views on YouTube are still in music. I am not disregarding the fact that people make a lot of money from YouTube.
For sure no baby can really quite he/ her job because of going into full time on YouTube, I don't really think anybody can do that them can only be visiting YouTube also as well doing their own job too.

For sure no baby can really quite he/ her job because of going into full time on YouTube, I don't really think anybody can do that them can only be visiting YouTube also as well doing their own job too.
Some of the people who I know that are YouTubers have a lot of other things they are doing. Someone who taught me affiliate marketing some time ago have a YouTube channel that is monetized and he still makes money from other online ventures like freelancing, affiliate marketing and others.

It will depend on the amount of money they are earning on monthly basis with their YouTube business . This will determine the potential of the business. If the potential is really huge I don't see any reason why you shouldn't quit any business that is not generating you the amount of money you can make with YouTube or blogging if you concentrate full-time.

Only people that knows much more about how to make money on YouTube can decide to quit their offline job and go full-time working as a YouTuber , there are many ways you can make money on youtube but first you need a YouTube channel.
I only understand YouTube to be a single ways of earning and that is by posting of content. Making money on YouTube is dependent on who is interested to do so ?

I don't think anybody can quit his job or business in order to go full time on YouTube. Even the celebrities that have billions of views on YouTube are still in music. I am not disregarding the fact that people make a lot of money from YouTube.

A few popular and rich Youtubers have done that. However, I think that it requires you to depend a lot on your subscribers and viewers when it comes to making money.

A few popular and rich Youtubers have done that. However, I think that it requires you to depend a lot on your subscribers and viewers when it comes to making money.
Okay, maybe a few of them that have made a lot of money. But the thing is that majority of them are not millionaires but they still make thousands of Dollars every month.

It will depend on the amount of money they are earning on monthly basis with their YouTube business . This will determine the potential of the business. If the potential is really huge I don't see any reason why you shouldn't quit any business that is not generating you the amount of money you can make with YouTube or blogging if you concentrate full-time.
Yes, if you have not started making a lot of money on YouTube you do not need to quit your job in order to go into it. You can only do that when you have started making reasonable amount of money and have a lot of subscribers.

Youtube does not stop one from doing side job. If you're making much money from youtube, you can consider having crew who will help. You can have a camera man who will help you film and edit.

You have to evaluate how much you have in ground and the other sources of alternative income that you are having before moving into something critical like this.

Yes, if you have not started making a lot of money on YouTube you do not need to quit your job in order to go into it. You can only do that when you have started making reasonable amount of money and have a lot of subscribers.
Probably maybe that is just the only way. YouTube is somehow very difficult for most Africans accept celebrities because we do not have the required tools needed to provide quality YouTube videos.

Been our own boss, this sound really lovely to heard, you tube gives this opportunity, I know some you tubers they quited their offline jobs,even their engineering job also, getting famous in YouTube not easy, but when you realize now you are making sustain amount from youtube,then surely go full time.

Yes, people rarely quit their job to focus on youtube. It's not common. There's no need to upload video everyday. You can plan it to be uploading video once in a week and the youtube will take care of the rest. It rarely affect one job. And if its affecting, there crew or technical that help in filming and editing the video

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds