Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should I add the charge?

Giving price to everything in life matters alot when you have price for service and activities it create growth and development in you

Advertisement Placeholder
Well before giving the customer the full price on what to pay you have to atleast consider all those things then u add all the costs together including the fuel and any other additional charges then when you finalize everything it's only then that you can give the customer the price

This has do with you, you are the one that can determine that or make the decision you know what works for you, how you make profit from your business either by adding or not

Since the petrol prices have increased a lot, I think there is nothing wrong in asking for a charge from the customer. If the customer understands your situation, then he or she will pay for that.

I sell kitchen appliances, sometimes I get orders from people that are not in my state, so they are required to pay money for shipping the goods to them, now the transport company that will move these goods is quite far from me and I'll have to drive over, but when the customer wants to pay for the shipment do I also add the cost of fuel it takes me to get to the transport company?
It depends, if it is an existing customers you can be plain and explain to them why you added extra money in their subsequent purchases. But if it's a new customers you just factor it in your shipment charges.

This why it is called business sincerely I feel that I'm you should include the extra charges due the fact that you will buy fue and maintenance of the vehicle so that you don't run at loss

Yes , you need to add all the expenses to the shipping fee as it constitutes too .Make your customers understand that since the products will be delivered to other states,all transport expenses will be included.
That is just it.
It cannot be excluded, except it's personal decision.
If you had to pay extra, then you have to include the charge, and make the client understand why.

Yes you need to add them to as charges. That is part of the way bill so you should calculate how much you'll spend in getting the item to them then you add up everything into the waybills

That is depending on your choice or willing. But what I can say as a my own view is that you supposed to let the customer know that they will pay money for the fuel. And normally everything supposed to be changed customers together with normal prizes of your product.
As long as I'm selling anything to my customer and there is a fee to be paid they are definitely going to pay because I will definitely add it as long as there's a receipt to prove that it's the money they're supposed to pay.

As long as I'm selling anything to my customer and there is a fee to be paid they are definitely going to pay because I will definitely add it as long as there's a receipt to prove that it's the money they're supposed to pay.
That's right. But it may also be wise to present 2 different options for them to choose from. One with the charges in it (for example delivery fee) and the other without the delivery fee.

There are some customers that will always be very annoying to ask for free delivery when it is not possible for you to deliver the goods for free since they are not within the close proximity of your business location and they would expect you to cater for the delivery free which is not always advisable.
U

It depends upon you. If you see this in business point of view you should add this amount. However if you want to be generous on people you should not add this.
So do it according to your state of mind.

You need to consider cost of fuel for the truck before setting a shipping fee. You can't go adding money to the shipping fee now because you are going to risk pissing off your customers. But next time you are dealing with an entirely new customer make sure you add the cost of transport to the shipping fee.

In this pandemic era the delivery is the name of the game. Even restaurants are now focusing on the delivery much more the fast food outlets. You cannot order direct to the store now. You have to call the delivery system because they are the ones who handle the delivery of your order.

If the location is far on you believe you won't be able to withstand paying for the high delivery fee you have to ask the customer to pay for it, and if he or she doesn't pay you can avoid sending the products to the person. you don't just have to be at lost on your side.

Bro, to make sure you're in the light and don't incur losses on your products, you have to include all these in your costing and pricing. There's no reason or anything bad to it if you consider these factors when pricing.

It is very good if you can add but the cost price of the product. But it is very important to inform the customer of the increment in price so that there will be no disagreement when he or she wants to pay for the product.

You need to consider cost of fuel for the truck before setting a shipping fee. You can't go adding money to the shipping fee now because you are going to risk pissing off your customers. But next time you are dealing with an entirely new customer make sure you add the cost of transport to the shipping fee.
He has to include the cost of these transport charges into the total cost. This is important so that he will not run at a loss at the end of every transaction.

My suggestion is that you should add it but responsibly. You should be able to make your cost estimation on your purchase and sales of the goods. Because customers won't be gear up to buy things at a costly price.

Well before giving the customer the full price on what to pay you have to atleast consider all those things then u add all the costs together including the fuel and any other additional charges then when you finalize everything it's only then that you can give the customer the price
Customers don't normally like being overcharged and that's why you have to come clean to them and give them a fair price that will not affect both of you and then add delivery price separately.

This is an independent decision you make for yourself, if the cost of fuel is affecting your profits they you can add it to the cost of the product you are selling, but remember that when a product goes high above a customer budget they wouldn't want to buy it anymore.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds