Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should I add the charge?

Yes, l have also realized the strategy the e-commerce shops are now using. They do include some portion of the shipping fees into the price of the product and now claim they offer less shipping fees and that seems to be a very good marketing strategy too.
It is extremely lucrative and an efficient advertising strategy from what I have seen. A place that I did see this was on AliExpress, where we look at two items that are sold by different sellers one will have the item at a specific price and charge you a shipping cost. Whereas the other seller will have the same item at a bit of a higher cost and say that it is free shipping, and to be honest free shipping doesn't look quite attractive.

Advertisement Placeholder
It is extremely lucrative and an efficient advertising strategy from what I have seen. A place that I did see this was on AliExpress, where we look at two items that are sold by different sellers one will have the item at a specific price and charge you a shipping cost. Whereas the other seller will have the same item at a bit of a higher cost and say that it is free shipping, and to be honest free shipping doesn't look quite attractive.
Yeah sure, some times free shipping does not look attractive. Because it's always free you the customer can not complain much when the product is delaying to be delivered. It's always wise they reduce the shipping cost by adding it to the product price to attract much attention from new customers.

Before start a business one has to merge the cost of transporting and other cost in acquiring the product to the price of the product.
I will advise you to add the cost of that charges to the price of the appliance.

Remember this person's are your customers and there are the reason why your business is still functioning. Hence you do not have to add the fee. If it is possible, include your fee in the general shipping rate or you can increase a bit of the price of your Utensil. But if any of the above is not possible, I advise you try and make your customers understand.

How much are you spending on the goods? Do you think adding uncharged fees will affect your business? People pay for delivery when order something. Some others add everything including transport on each item to be sold.

It is reasonable to add the charges to your products,and this should be communicated to the customers when they order for you products,but if your feel that the expenses would'nt be much,you can decide to do it for free.

The cost of fuel is also the cost of transportation as they are what you spend in trying to deliver these goods to your clients or customers. It's very important that you add these cost to the total cost of the product so that you don't loose.

If you are going to deliver a product outside your state for free, you are doing so to make the customers to trust you and to come back but this shouldn't weigh down on your profits and if it does then you should stop immediately

I sell kitchen appliances, sometimes I get orders from people that are not in my state, so they are required to pay money for shipping the goods to them, now the transport company that will move these goods is quite far from me and I'll have to drive over, but when the customer wants to pay for the shipment do I also add the cost of fuel it takes me to get to the transport company?
Why not.... Its part of e logistics to ensure there good get to them. Are you playing to post from your own profit or income, its wont pay you at the long run.

So long you are not overcharging them, you can go ahead and do it. Leaving that expenses out because of pity would tell on your business profits.

Normally if you at into shipping business where you have to send the goods being bought to the customer ,you have to include the shipping and the transport charges.
I sell kitchen appliances, sometimes I get orders from people that are not in my state, so they are required to pay money for shipping the goods to them, now the transport company that will move these goods is quite far from me and I'll have to drive over, but when the customer wants to pay for the shipment do I also add the cost of fuel it takes me to get to the transport company?

Well if it's being an hassle for you and getting bigger too then no reason not to since it's basically for their sake too so no reason for you to incur some losses when it could have been avoided

It is business if you feel that is what will make you stable and not run at loss definitely do,it is expensive so it need to be looked into seriously

Well it depends on you the seller though, like these persons that sell little things like like food provisions and the like in local stores around us. If you notice, most times the price is always a little bit higher than when you buy it directly for a market, why? Because they also add the cost of transportation to it.

That is a personal choice, but be informed that even if you add the charge, the cost of getting fuel to power your vehicle, the maintenance cost and even other soft you paid for along the way, it's still owk. However you may choose not to add anything.
I sell kitchen appliances, sometimes I get orders from people that are not in my state, so they are required to pay money for shipping the goods to them, now the transport company that will move these goods is quite far from me and I'll have to drive over, but when the customer wants to pay for the shipment do I also add the cost of fuel it takes me to get to the transport cTatbis y?

no I think you need to add extra price to your products just for your transportation I think that will be a great idea ,because no one wants to be overall,you to add a extra income to your products for your transportation

Yes I believe it is necessary for you to add extra if you are the one that is going through all the stress of the delivering it. A lot of people who shops online will always pay for the shipping and that is what they should also do.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds