Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should I add the charge?

Before you deliver their goods, you must estimate everything that you incurred so that you won't run at loss. You should let them understand the reason why you are increasing and adding charges so that they will understand better.

Advertisement Placeholder
I will ask if you add extra charges on your product but it also doesn't mean and if you have a good customers they also won't argue with you the money you told them about the extra charges and tell them how much you going to collect just that the customers can only negotiate how much they can afford and you have to accept as long as you have added another charges on the goods also

In as much as the cost is included in getting the goods to the final consumer I guess it should be added because one can't be in a business and be at the losing end. So avoid unnecessary losses. All cost should be included. And i think thats how businesses are operated.

They should be aware of your delivery fee. If you keep running the cost of delivering the goods to the transport company.It is not against the ethics of business if you add the cost of fuel to your selling price as that will make part of your profit.

You should add it already to the price if you are shipping it. If you have to sell it at the actual price without adding the shipment fee then all your profit will go to that shipment and that not how a business goes, we do business for profit.

That is one problem when your customer is far from your place of business. The transport of the product is always a burden. In your case you should specify before hand the amount of service charge for the delivery so that the customer will know if he can afford it or not. There are several products that I liked in one online store here but when I learned that the source is from abroad then I bypassed those products and selected those that are from here in our country. At least the delivery charge is only 50 pesos or 1 dollar.

Yes, if it does cost you quite a lot and this is taken out of your profit then you should add this extra charge. Just state that the price of shipping this items and materials is higher than before. If they are alright with that they will still ask for your services. It's better to ask for a fair price and not settle for a value lower than your standards

I sell kitchen appliances, sometimes I get orders from people that are not in my state, so they are required to pay money for shipping the goods to them, now the transport company that will move these goods is quite far from me and I'll have to drive over, but when the customer wants to pay for the shipment do I also add the cost of fuel it takes me to get to the transport company?
yes that it will be due to transportation the cost in your selling item will be given an additional just let them know first so its not be a suspicious one many online selling company do this to be not bankrupt.

I suggest to the change the price of your products. All of other expenses should already been added into the consideration upon setting a price. Of course it should not be too much to the point that it will scare the customers away. Or better yet, just inform the customer about the situation.

No you don't have to add that, as long as they are paying for the transportation of the goods to their domain that's already fine. You transporting yourself to the courier company should be on your own expense, it will be your own form of incentive.

I sell kitchen appliances, sometimes I get orders from people that are not in my state, so they are required to pay money for shipping the goods to them, now the transport company that will move these goods is quite far from me and I'll have to drive over, but when the customer wants to pay for the shipment do I also add the cost of fuel it takes me to get to the transport company?
Even if it's within the state where your business is, delivery fee is paid by the customers and not the seller. If the customer doesn't want to pay for delivery, he or she can come to your shop and pick the product by himself or herself. You can only give discounts on your products price and not delivery fee.

In business you must think about everything, your price is ok, its affordable but the shipment fee is the issue here, I think you should let them know where you 're coming from is far and discuss about the shipment fare with the customer in a polite way, don't just charge them, but let them know why you are adding to the shipment fare

Yes, you can add the cost of shipping the goods to your costumers on the value of the product. But keep in mind that the charge you add will not be the same as your customers will be from different locations. So what you add to the price of the product will be dependent on the location it is being shipped to. Try to do group shipping where you would delivery many product at the same time so it would reduce the stress.

I would advise you to make it as sacrifice if you drive down yourself since it is within your state. The point is that you are making sales and this singular will draw more clients to you based on referrals. The fuel money is like over-head cost to your business.

Yeah, in business you have to add every little cost that you incurred in the process of carrying out the business in the final price of the product and if possible you can now add some amount as profit. If all the costs are not taken into consideration, you might overstate your profit at the end of the business Period.
It is very important to add all the little costs because it ensures that you still have the same profit margin. Like you said it will stick into your profit if you don't claim for such, and I noticed quite a lot of vendors tend to do is that they incorporate this price directly into the actual price of the product in question. Therefore when you are actually looking at the price it looks like you are paying less for shipping, but the shipping has actually been incorporated into the product price.

It depends on your cliental demands for example I also sell untstiich dress from.my home whenever I have to sell them out of city I collect all the cliental parcels and post on same day so my fuel is not only for a clients is for couple of so I divide the charges with oringal cost this they have to pay a little delivery charges

When I was selling yoga sports mat, pedal and wears, a lot of person are ordering from outside the state were I am residing, so I thought of what to do and came up with an idea of indicating in my advert that if you are ordering outside my state it will attract a particular fee to cover up the transport, it was working well.

It us two ways.
You either add the cost to whatever you are charging for the products right from the point of negotiation. For example if the product is 80% and fuel cost is 5%, you tell your customer right from the start that it is 85%.
Or you could add it to the shipment cost, but never forget to tell them about the addition. Honesty and transparency matters alot.

It is very important to add all the little costs because it ensures that you still have the same profit margin. Like you said it will stick into your profit if you don't claim for such, and I noticed quite a lot of vendors tend to do is that they incorporate this price directly into the actual price of the product in question. Therefore when you are actually looking at the price it looks like you are paying less for shipping, but the shipping has actually been incorporated into the product price.
Yes, l have also realized the strategy the e-commerce shops are now using. They do include some portion of the shipping fees into the price of the product and now claim they offer less shipping fees and that seems to be a very good marketing strategy too.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds