Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Over staffing

Overstaffing is a very big issue on an organization. You really need to understand that this doesn't happen in private organization because it'll tell on their finance..

Advertisement Placeholder
Ummmm who knows if it really is greater in your country, the truth is that corruption is advancing and there is no way to stop it as an independent population. That is why we have this excess of personnel in public institutions
Overstaffing in an organisation or in the business is not good it makes the owner of the business to spend excessively and it will also reduce the income and profit of the organisation.

Even I thought the same thing. Over staffing is never a problem in many countries. Moreover, it is not a problem in my country because people usually get hired for $100 a month and the employer takes advantage of people by hiring only a few employees and overloading them with lots of work.
True I think employers like to take advantage of people and situation, by hiring less workers and giving them more work they can handle, because they know the situation outside.

Oh well it's not only the government that is self centered at least the accountant that pays both employees and ghost workers surely knows about ghost workers and does nothing about it
Hahaha, you are right though, they also keep quiet about the whole thing because they still benefit from it, they get extra for keeping quite and they still collect their own share that even the government might not know about.

Hahaha, you are right though, they also keep quiet about the whole thing because they still benefit from it, they get extra for keeping quite and they still collect their own share that even the government might not know about.
See, so the government cannot be really blamed for everything we all have a part we play in how the government system works but only a few can command what happens.

See, so the government cannot be really blamed for everything we all have a part we play in how the government system works but only a few can command what happens.
Yes, like the popular saying goes, change begins with you. You should not expect the next person to change when you personally you have not made any move to make a difference in your own little way. This I believe is one of our biggest issues

True I think employers like to take advantage of people and situation, by hiring less workers and giving them more work they can handle, because they know the situation outside.

The situation of job is one of the worst in my country. Here you will be able to find workers for a really low salary and there is no chance of improvement or a rasie in salary for many years. This means no one can even save money to escape the country.

The situation of job is one of the worst in my country. Here you will be able to find workers for a really low salary and there is no chance of improvement or a rasie in salary for many years. This means no one can even save money to escape the country.
The thing is just saddening it just feels like one keeps running around in circles and how hard you try you still end up where you were before, I don't even know how to escape that

Overstaffing in an organisation or in the business is not good it makes the owner of the business to spend excessively and it will also reduce the income and profit of the organisation.
As you describe it, overstaffing causes unnecessary expenses, thereby reducing profits for the company. For this, the workers must always be supervised, that each one performs the functions specified in the contract and that there are no people without responsibilities.

People who own businesses don't take the issue of overstaffing lying down at all. Because it is their money that'll be going down the drain for such pointless action at the end of the day

People who own businesses don't take the issue of overstaffing lying down at all. Because it is their money that'll be going down the drain for such pointless action at the end of the day

I have always wondered why would any person not take overstaffing seriously? Money spend on overstaffing could be used properly to hire the right people or hire poor people to eradicate and get rid of unemployment and poverty.

Over staffing, having enough staff is not a crime but having too many is a crime, with the word over simply means more than enough,which can affect the monetary and production aspect of the company,money that should have been used for product,will be use to pay people who doesn't input to company growth
Having the right number of staff or workers is not a crime but having more than enough most especially in a government settings is very bad and its very common there,

Over staffing is a big problem in many companies. Over staffing means having more staff than the company actually requires. Does anyone realize, some people create a vacancy in the company just to accommodate their relatives into the company? This kind of act creates over staffing.
you're right.
I don't have a problem with Federal government's overstaffing, but a company? It will definitely have its effect someday.

Too much of everything and less of everything is no good, over staffing will cause the company to have depreciation in managerial matters

There's this small gas fueling center around where I stay and they have over 20 staff.Most times they are just outside doing nothing or looking at different cars and people that pass on the street. I was amazed!This is indeed overstaffing!

This is why an organization needs effective Human resource management team, they are in charge of staffing as well as welfare of the workers, overstaffing causes you to spend unnecessarily more salaries to workers, the issue of creating an unneeded vacancy happens mostly among corrupt government staff who want to accommodate families and friends and this should be put a halt to through adequate monitoring of the number of employees, a review of employees should also be done and unneeded staff should be laid off as soon as possible.

Having the right number of staff or workers is not a crime but having more than enough most especially in a government settings is very bad and its very common there,

As far as government jobs are concerned, governments often have a fixed quota and they never hire anyone when their quota is complete. Having said that, even many private organizations also have a fixed quota when it comes to hiring people.

Sure, one thing those people who compromise personnel positions are ignorant of, is that quality precedes quantity. I don't see the need for overstaffing when the needed number is established. During the pandemic, number of staff were reduced, in such case of overstaffing, would the manager remove competent staff just to protect his relative's interest?

Even there are some ghost workers in some companies whereby they will employ who is yet to be seen and salaries of those are shared to the bosses of the company

Overstaffing leads to duplication of roles and duties in a business organization. It is a very prominent feature in government or civil service and it leads to an over bloated wage bill.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds