Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What happens if you are short-staffed and have horrible workers?

There's really very little employment opportunities around here and that's why I am sure that anyone who's having a well paying job wouldn't want to be lazy to avoid replacement.
That is one of the disadvantage of little employment opportunity available for a huge number of people.
In as much as this does not promote laziness it Also comes with it on disadvantage.

Advertisement Placeholder
Horrible workers can produce low-quality work, which can negatively impact your reputation and result in lost business.
Decreased productivity, Short-staffing combined with poor workers can lead to decreased productivity, which can result in missed deadlines and lost revenue.

The reasonable thing I would do is to fire those ones that are redundant and hire part time staff. Those ones can be a stop gap solution and fill the gap till the organization stabilizes.

What my ex boss did when our organization was in a situation like this was to fire everyone. He told everyone that is still interested to apply again. And this time, you needed to sign an undertaking before you are taken.

I always wondered what companies do in this position.

Say you have an issue where you don't have enough workers as it is and 25% of your current staff are terrible at their jobs or maybe just severely lazy. The smart thing would be to fire them but then you would end up even more short-staffed. What do you do?
Things are not going to fall in place if the situation of a company is like this. This is why you should never be short of staffs and you should hire the best ones

The best thing you should replace those workers that try to be horrible. That sounds unprofessional and unproductive when workers refuse to deliver work as expected. When the labour is affected then the major contribution to the business has been affected.

The worst scenario that might happen when you are short staff and also have horrible workers is that some loyal and hardworking workers will be affected because they will be the ones doing the main job.

If you are short staffed, Then there is definitely need to hire more people to help ease your job. If you have horrible workers, Then there is need to fire them and put rules in place to caution them.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds