Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What happens if you are short-staffed and have horrible workers?

..I always wondered what companies do in this position.

Say you have an issue where you don't have enough workers as it is and 25% of your current staff are terrible at their jobs or maybe just severely lazy. The smart thing would be to fire them but then you would end up even more short-staffed. What do you do?
Well, in my opinion, such type of condition is quite difficult to handle because horrible and lazy staff cannot walk smartly for you and give you some profit sir is one option to short staff but that is not suitable for your business or company to grow so you have to be patient to handle that situation

Advertisement Placeholder
When an employer have come to situation like this,the only thing to do is to make use of the avialable staff and manage them,then try training them,then the ones that did not meet up can be gradually replaced.

This is a tough time in a business, but instead of employing new staff just for them to be affected negatively by the old ones, I'll suggest you sack the unproductive ones, then work with the good ones, while you look for new staffs. Don't forget to reward the ones that gave their best, the ones that multitasked and ensured the new staffs learnt what the job is about.
I think this is the best solution. When workers are underperforming, they need to be admonished to up their game, and if this warning falls on deaf ears, then those employees should be dismissed.

Having a limited staffs and also a horrible workers always draw back the progress of the business , what you need to do is have a meeting with them and find a way of solving the problem .

I always wondered what companies do in this position.

Say you have an issue where you don't have enough workers as it is and 25% of your current staff are terrible at their jobs or maybe just severely lazy. The smart thing would be to fire them but then you would end up even more short-staffed. What do you do?
It is better to replace them with good and expert employees one by one, you can not destroy your all company just because of some people, it is better to fire them.

In this scenario, I think the best thing is to help those workers who are doing terrible task to do their job effectively. I know their job cannot be upto expectations, but it's best to manage them till new qualified staff are hired.

When you are short staff , which means the job will be jampacked and be too much for the little amount of workers present in the organisation , and the little workers that are supposed to be working are also horrible workers who neglect their works ,
That means the business will be negatively affected .

If I face such a situation then the first thing I would do is to have a one-on-one discussion with each of the so called horrible workers. If I am convinced that they will perform better with some encouragement then I would retain them. I would reward my other workers who are hardworking and in this way set an example for the others. I will also not hesitate to terminate anyone who is unwilling to cooperate.

The work rate will slow down in an organization when there aren't enough employees and some of the ones you do have are lousy workers.

Inasmuch as Lady employees could be revive , it is also at the same time necessary to understand that employing more people into the business will not solve the problem any quicker. It is how you manage your business that determine how serious your workers will be.

change the horrible worker and go hire good ones, you are short-staffed already, that is a disadvantage, you must not keep up with horrible workers except you want the business to fail, fire them and hire good ones

It's very easy. All you need to do is to go outside, create a sign board yourself if you can't afford the standard type and then let people know that you're hiring new staffs and your problem would be half way solved.

This is not a complicated situation. if I do not have enough staff and if my staffs are horrible, I will hire my entire team and recruit new staff. As a business owner, I don't have to tolerate the staff that I don't like

This is not a complicated situation. if I do not have enough staff and if my staffs are horrible, I will hire my entire team and recruit new staff. As a business owner, I don't have to tolerate the staff that I don't like
Though business and its operation is time and money,and most employees would not want to have unproductive workers in their team,but what about giving them some reprove for them to change and then watch their progress.

The work generally will be negatively affected if you are short of staff and most of the ones on ground are horrible , the best solution is make sure you sack the horrible ones and employ new better staff .

I still don't see what's complicated here except you're not the owner of the business. This would give a perfect time to fire and post an employment notice to employ new staff to work with you.

It's very easy. All you need to do is to go outside, create a sign board yourself if you can't afford the standard type and then let people know that you're hiring new staffs and your problem would be half way solved.
Over here a lot of employees won't be lazy because being lazy is a way of sending a signal to your employees that you are not really serious to work.
You could easily be changed as more people are even waiting for such opportunity.

You could consider using a temp agency to hire in temp workers. Or hire more people on if you're having issues keeping staff. If you are short staffed a lot, it may be time to consider hiring more staff, or setting up a better schedule all around.

I think that this is a really common kind of problem in many companies. They tend to have bad workers and i think that this is the responsibility of the management of the company to address this issue.

Over here a lot of employees won't be lazy because being lazy is a way of sending a signal to your employees that you are not really serious to work.
You could easily be changed as more people are even waiting for such opportunity.
There's really very little employment opportunities around here and that's why I am sure that anyone who's having a well paying job wouldn't want to be lazy to avoid replacement.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds