Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Over staffing

Ummmm who knows if it really is greater in your country, the truth is that corruption is advancing and there is no way to stop it as an independent population. That is why we have this excess of personnel in public institutions
Overstaffing is not good for an organisation or any business it makes you to spend excessively and it will make you have more expenses and can even make you run at a loss.

Advertisement Placeholder
Overstaffing is not good for an organisation or any business it makes you to spend excessively and it will make you have more expenses and can even make you run at a loss.
You are right @Richard92, overstaffing easily leads to economic losses to the company, and if something is not done about it, it can lead to total failure and disappear the company.

Its only the private companies that normally lay off and sacks their employee if they think there's overstaffing but most government works will prefer to leave the employee.
I know this is mainly for private work, but I don't know the reason why a company will not be able to pay all the employees that they have been paying before. that means the company is going down.

If you really value your business as a business owner you should try as much as you can to cut down the cost that you are getting from your business from paying salary or wages to your workers.
As you describe @Heatman , the best way to show that you value the business, is to decrease expenses to bolster capital. One of the ways is to have the necessary and hardworking staff, instead of having excess staff that is only fading the economics of the business and not bringing improvement.

As you describe @Heatman , the best way to show that you value the business, is to decrease expenses to bolster capital. One of the ways is to have the necessary and hardworking staff, instead of having excess staff that is only fading the economics of the business and not bringing improvement.

Exactly - that's actually very correct because when it comes to having staffs you should be able to pick up the ones that are willing to work very well for you and not the ones that are going to be making excuses why pretending as if they are working and getting paid as well.

Overstaffing can only happen in a business when the business do not really understand how to organise and get the number of required staff that they need or it could be as a result that the business is going down.

What the person mean by over staff with the way he put it is not a problem. For someone that has a business and keeps on putting his family member there doesn't mean he will not make is own profit. He knew that he need someone for that post that is why he put the person there

Exactly - that's actually very correct because when it comes to having staffs you should be able to pick up the ones that are willing to work very well for you and not the ones that are going to be making excuses why pretending as if they are working and getting paid as well.
I was amused by your statement but very true, "those who will make excuses to pretend they are working and getting paid too" as this is very often seen in government agencies. That is why we should clean up the excess of personnel, and leave those who really give their best for this one.

This is actually the first time that I am hearing that there are places that are having too much staff. Having too much stuff on its own and also have its own lease advantage.
Really? I guess your government is doing a good job then because most public offices in my country are overstaffed especially the local government, that's where influential people just add peoples name to pay list without even coming to work

Really? I guess your government is doing a good job then because most public offices in my country are overstaffed especially the local government, that's where influential people just add peoples name to pay list without even coming to work
Am guessing this is Nigeria? I am from Nigeria and this issue is very annoying honestly, the rate of ghost offices in these areas are just too much, just like you said, it usually happens mostly In the government sectors, as they would add the names of both their relations and even does who do not exist just to get extra money

I'm not sure overstaffing is a thing. There isn't enough job as it is. I think this can only happen in government organisations to sort of collect more money.

Even I was think the same thing. Over staffing is never a problem in many countries. Moreover, itis definitely not a problem in my country because people usually get hired for $100 a month and the employer takes advantage of epople by hiring only a few employees and overloading them with a lots of work.

Am guessing this is Nigeria? I am from Nigeria and this issue is very annoying honestly, the rate of ghost offices in these areas are just too much, just like you said, it usually happens mostly In the government sectors, as they would add the names of both their relations and even does who do not exist just to get extra money
Your guess is correct, although I hear a few other African countries too are going through such situation, it's just self centeredness that's making the country mibe backwards.

Your guess is correct, although I hear a few other African countries too are going through such situation, it's just self centeredness that's making the country mibe backwards.
True, the issue with Nigeria I really don't know how and when we would ever come out of this issue. Like you said self centeredness, the government care about just themselves and what they can achieve.

Those people for you, they'll always keep a place of work for their relation to occupy, even adding plenty of his or her relation to the company making the company to carry load due to over staffing.

True, the issue with Nigeria I really don't know how and when we would ever come out of this issue. Like you said self centeredness, the government care about just themselves and what they can achieve.
Oh well it's not only the government that is self centered at least the accountant that pays both employees and ghost workers surely knows about ghost workers and does nothing about it

Over staffing is the result of employing more than the number of staffs a company or organization really needs. If the business is overstaffed, then there is an additional cost on running such business

Sometimes lack of proper organisation that causes all these things, if a business organization have more employee that they should be looking forward on how to expand the business to generate more revenue.

Over staffing, having enough staff is not a crime but having too many is a crime, with the word over simply means more than enough,which can affect the monetary and production aspect of the company,money that should have been used for product,will be use to pay people who doesn't input to company growth

Over staffing is a big problem in many companies. Over staffing means having more staff than the company actually requires. Does anyone realize, some people create a vacancy in the company just to accommodate their relatives into the company? This kind of act creates over staffing.
This is one of the major problem we face in our country, and this have really run down so many companies, because when the staff are much and what they general in the company cannot pay the staff, it become a serious problem

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds