Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is coming in late for work a ground for suspension?

Coming late for work may or may not be the cause for suspension at work. It depends on the rules and regulations guiding the business that will determine if the person should be suspended.

Advertisement Placeholder
The employee is hired because there is a job to do. When he comes in late for work the flow of work is affected especially if the job is critical to the operation. Some offices issue a suspension for a number of days when the tardiness is too often like 3 times a week and every week. Do you think it is fair to the employee or is the boss too harsh on the suspension? Too many times tardy can also be a reason for termination of the employee which happened to our office before.
Definitely it is, there are some jobs that the target market is in the early hours of the day. And most times you need to set up things before your customers arrive, coming late to work affects productivity

You should not be suspended for coming to work late on first ground basis that would be very strict which is not that good for every business

Yes it is. Coming in late for work is usually a ground for suspension from work most times. But there are times when that is not the case especially when there is a widespread situation that is officially a known reason for coming late

I think you could actually give the employee more avenue to change and warning , so that he or she would be more cautious when coming to work late I think

Yes... Coming in late is one of the poor ethics. But the boss should be able to check on his employees to see reason to why he/she arrives late. If there are no better reasons....

I have worked for a company that used to take arriving late at work really seriously. They have suspended a few "employees" for coming late. I left that company because that company's nature of work was unethical. They also underpaid their workers.

It depends on it position in the work and the what he is to do,though coming to work late is bad but it shouldn't warrant a sack letter except I it is a deliberate and consistent act

Lateness is one thing most companies tries every possible ways to check but then a fixed penalty should be established may not end up being suspension to avoid losing out(talking the staff involved). Excuses may be genuine over a serious staff. So charges likely can do.

Punctuality should be gourded judiciously. Frequent lateness to work and suspension in turn is not bad. There ought to be check and balances so people to flout the rules excessively.

Coming late to work almost everyday without any reason means the employee don't have any respect for the rules and regulation guiding the business, and it requires immediate query snd suspension in other to out o the employee in check

The employee is hired because there is a job to do. When he comes in late for work the flow of work is affected especially if the job is critical to the operation. Some offices issue a suspension for a number of days when the tardiness is too often like 3 times a week and every week. Do you think it is fair to the employee or is the boss too harsh on the suspension? Too many times tardy can also be a reason for termination of the employee which happened to our office before.
The reason a person is employed is that there is a job to do. Coming late regularly can lead to suspension because it tells the employer that you do not value your job and so, therefore, you can act as you like.

In my organisation, money is deducted from your salary on the grounds of lateness. Suspension can come in if the act keeps repeating.

Depending on why you are late if your lateness is official then it's ok but if your lateness isn't office then you are pron to suspension and dismissal because punctuality makes the business done one time and promote a business.

Is coming in late for work a ground for suspension, well I'll say its solely depends on the company and the set rules and regulations of the company. If a punishment is attached it that must surely be done.

If it keeps happening frequently ,then it is indeed a ground for suspension especially if there's no reasonable excuse for it.If a worker values his job he should try to come in early but if something happens then his boss should be informed.

I don't think this should be a ground for suspension because the person may have a reason why he or she was late. Unless the person comes to work late everyday and has no good reason for coming late but I don't still think the person should be suspended instead of suspension a rule should be made that anyone that comes late should pay a fine for coming late

If it keeps happening frequently ,then it is indeed a ground for suspension especially if there's no reasonable excuse for it.If a worker values his job he should try to come in early but if something happens then his boss should be informed.
In most cases even when there is a legit excuse as to why it keeps happening, the management would be fed up, cause it it assumed that before you took the job you are aware you have to be there on time, hence sacrifice has to be made. It would get to a stage whereby the worker would be layed off

Coming late once per month might be acceptable but if you are coming in late every couple of days of course the employer won't accept that from you
I will take coming late to work at few times should it be a ground for suspension but when did not becomes an habit for that employer or a staff then that stuff can be suspended after several warnings for him or her to desist from late coming.

I don't really know but every business have rules and regulation and that is what we all must try as much as possible to obey.A business organisation that does not tolerate lateness to work is capable of suspending his workers that violate the rules.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds