Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How to handle tardiness of employees

Maybe it is in their system that they feel so important. That is my take when someone comes in late. He is not ashamed to waste the time of other people.But if it becomes a norm, then other ways of curtailing such late coming will be put in line just as you said.
It is in some people gene to always feel so important when you praise them a little , they feel they are indispensable and without them , the work cannot be done alone by the others.

Advertisement Placeholder
Employees who are not able to measure ups to the quality of work and standard of the organisation should be he suspended. Most times they are the reason why many businesses are not progressing.

Employees who are not able to measure ups to the quality of work and standard of the organisation should be he suspended. Most times they are the reason why many businesses are not progressing.
I truly agree with your point. But I believe that it would be better to start by first giving them a Stern warning before finally making the suspense, because some might not be doing that consciously.

I truly agree with your point. But I believe that it would be better to start by first giving them a Stern warning before finally making the suspense, because some might not be doing that consciously.
I don't give a warning , I don't have time to do that. I will only tell them what is expected of them to do everyday and they are to deliver those things as long as it is not too much . If they can't then they will automatically be suspended

I don't give a warning , I don't have time to do that. I will only tell them what is expected of them to do everyday and they are to deliver those things as long as it is not too much . If they can't then they will automatically be suspended
That's very okay too. I think we are in. The same page, what I meant was that their should be some form for communication between you and the employee in quote.

That's very okay too. I think we are in. The same page, what I meant was that their should be some form for communication between you and the employee in quote.
I understand you too. It is like a form of communication trying to explain to them that they have to improve in their working skill. Also let them know the consequences of not doing so

I understand you too. It is like a form of communication trying to explain to them that they have to improve in their working skill. Also let them know the consequences of not doing so
Yeah, that's the drill. Some might pick up and actually step out of laziness, while others might not. And it is absolutely okay if you finally resolve to fire them because of that.

Yeah, that's the drill. Some might pick up and actually step out of laziness, while others might not. And it is absolutely okay if you finally resolve to fire them because of that.
Seriously it is necessary just to prevent your business from suffering. Lazy people are not really to be trusted in business because they could just do anything. I like people that are willing to work based on rules and regulations that has been provided.

So many employees may not work properly if the business organisation is not favourable to them.
As a business owner it is your responsibilities to make your working environment suitable for your employees. This might also be a contributing factors to tardiness.

As a good manager or boss , we don't just measure tardiness with suspension , you need to first sit the worker affected down and warn them by letting them know their offense and give them another chance to change .

This is something that I find to not be a problem at all and you can handle this very situation without issues. During my highschool days, a teacher would have an amount equivalent to one dollar deducted from their salary for every day they come late to work.

This is something that I find to not be a problem at all and you can handle this very situation without issues. During my highschool days, a teacher would have an amount equivalent to one dollar deducted from their salary for every day they come late to work.
That is a great way for punishing tardiness. When an employee knows that there is a penalty for coming to work late or any other irresponsible behaviour, they will work hard to do the right thing. That is how to always keep them on toes.

That is a great way for punishing tardiness. When an employee knows that there is a penalty for coming to work late or any other irresponsible behaviour, they will work hard to do the right thing. That is how to always keep them on toes.
You are right, without making arrangements for such penalties it would be difficult for them to stay motivated in sticking to the rules regarding punctuality and productivity.

They actually used this strategy and n then and they don't dare come late to school because of that. If I am going to own a company or organization in the future, I will surely make use of this very strategy; very effective.

Coming in late for work is a bad habit that is prevalent in our culture. Worse, we have the term "Filipino Time" to mean you are late because you are a Filipino. But in business the workers should be on time for the work schedule otherwise it can affect the efficiency of the process or procedure. In big companies having 3 times tardy can be a ground for suspension and more than 7 times late for work in a month calls for automatic suspension. If you are a manager what is your viewpoint on the tardiness of an employee, are you considerate because they live far or is that no reason to come in late for work?
Whenever an worker is tardy, it's crucial to step in quickly and extend some tolerance. If necessary, change the schedule, and deal with the problems again. Also, it's crucial to adhere to the disciplinary procedure and recognize personnel for their impeccable time management skills.

You are right, without making arrangements for such penalties it would be difficult for them to stay motivated in sticking to the rules regarding punctuality and productivity.
Yeah, each worker should be welcomed to the company with a set of rules that guide them. If they know the rules but keeps being tardy, that will be them wanting to be punished. The rules should state clearly the consequences of going against them.

Over here it is very easy for this to be handled because if you are not able to measure up to the standards expected of you as a worker , you could easily be replaced by someone else that is willing to do it with all forms of seriousness. That's the reality.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds