Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How to handle tardiness of employees

Sometimes when the working condition and the atmosphere is tedious most people may not likely be able to exercise their full potential effectively. This will depends on the type of business organisation. I don't even know the best way to help , because encouragement won't work here.

Advertisement Placeholder
There are certain circumstances that may lead to the habit of coming late by an employee but these factors by all means can be avoided most especially in terms of distance, the employee should try to be close to his working station to avoid late coming.

Their are workers who are always find of coming late to work just because their employer is cutting them some slack, and other workers can also start emulating that same bad habit.

I will advice you to always sack any of your workers that is not taking his job serious, your business will fail if you keep those kind of workers and pay them for going nothing

Sacking might be too harsh punishments on a tardiness employee , before sacking him , you need to give him or her a chance to change by warning him at first and giving him query so he can change.

As a business owner , you have to set up a daily target for your employees and this shouldn't be so much for each and everyone to do. This will help employees work hard because they will automatically have responsibilities they have to finish before they go.

As a business owner , you have to set up a daily target for your employees and this shouldn't be so much for each and everyone to do. This will help employees work hard because they will automatically have responsibilities they have to finish before they go.
Setting up daily targeting the best way of dealing with tardiness of workers , for example my father has a bakery and they have a daily target of production which they must meet before stopping .

As a business man lateness to work is something you should never tolerate it if not it will affect your business negatively. You should always ensure that your workers are coming very early and anyone who defaults regularly should be fired.

Sacking of employee is not the best thing to do , because a worker that made mistake today can turn out to be the best workers tommorow , so its better to give second chance to people.

Actually sometimes tardiness is part of us but unless you make it a habit it will affect us. as an entrepreneur I will make time for every employee to be at work place and if you fail without reasons you will be sanctioned.

It is very bad that people should be having this kind of thinking because everybody is supposed to come to work at the time in which it is located and then leave when they are done with their task.

Actually sometimes tardiness is part of us but unless you make it a habit it will affect us. as an entrepreneur I will make time for every employee to be at work place and if you fail without reasons you will be sanctioned.
You are right , tardiness is always part of us but we just have to shake it off , most of the Time , you might feel reluctant to wake up from your bed in the morning but you have to think about the consequences .

You are right , tardiness is always part of us but we just have to shake it off , most of the Time , you might feel reluctant to wake up from your bed in the morning but you have to think about the consequences .
Yes this is very true. It happens to us most times and we just have to shake it off as it comes. You must always be disciplined at all times to prevent procrastination.

Well sometimes the kind of work or over stressing the employees to work makes them feel tired of work. so for that, more employees should be employed so as not to stress the available ones.

Well sometimes the kind of work or over stressing the employees to work makes them feel tired of work. so for that, more employees should be employed so as not to stress the available ones.
The tardiness of employee depends on the type of work we are doing personally, There are some business that overwork their staff on daily basis and that normally leads to workers getting tired .

Sacking of employee is not the best thing to do , because a worker that made mistake today can turn out to be the best workers tommorow , so its better to give second chance to people.

Yes, I also do not think that humiliating employees is the best thing you could do. Instead of that, you must address the main issue why the employees or an employee is always late.

First thing you need to try and solve is to know the reason why the so called worker is coming late to work or why he or she I nit doing well at his designated department before passing any judgment , see if theres any solution to curb the issue .
Yes, I also do not think that humiliating employees is the best thing you could do. Instead of that, you must address the main issue why the employees or an employee is always late.

Coming in late for work is a bad habit that is prevalent in our culture. Worse, we have the term "Filipino Time" to mean you are late because you are a Filipino. But in business the workers should be on time for the work schedule otherwise it can affect the efficiency of the process or procedure. In big companies having 3 times tardy can be a ground for suspension and more than 7 times late for work in a month calls for automatic suspension. If you are a manager what is your viewpoint on the tardiness of an employee, are you considerate because they live far or is that no reason to come in late for work?
Being on time is very important because it shows your time management in your life, every companys' employees should be on time because if they want to reach their goals and make the company grow, they should start it earlier.

Maybe it is in their system that they feel so important. That is my take when someone comes in late. He is not ashamed to waste the time of other people.But if it becomes a norm, then other ways of curtailing such late coming will be put in line just as you said.

Some people have a bad habit of arriving late for appointments, whether they are personal or related to work or school. Maybe their sense of importance stems from something in their system. When someone is late, I generally think that. He has no qualms about squandering other people's time.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds