Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is coming in late for work a ground for suspension?

The company has every authority to suspend someone who is always late for work. Especially when they are not giving a good reason or if they come in late due to drug abuse. Such people may really drag the company behind and so it is best to let them go.

Advertisement Placeholder
The company has every authority to suspend someone who is always late for work. Especially when they are not giving a good reason or if they come in late due to drug abuse. Such people may really drag the company behind and so it is best to let them go.
Yes I agree with you that the company has every right to suspend any of its employees that has made coming late to work and Abbott but if the employee that kind of employee that has been coming early to work all this time but he or she only came late for the first time deserves pardon.

The company has the right to suspend a staff who is always guilty of coming late to work without genuine for his or her actions. Coming late to work will surely affect some part of work which suppose to be handled by the staff.

It can surely a ground for suspension when it becomes obvious and regular because their rules and regulations given to you. And If you want to avoid suspension then you must have a reason for your lateness tender to the management for review

any worker who comes late to work is definitely not serious and if I am a business owner I will definitely not tolerate such employee.

The employee is hired because there is a job to do. When he comes in late for work the flow of work is affected especially if the job is critical to the operation. Some offices issue a suspension for a number of days when the tardiness is too often like 3 times a week and every week. Do you think it is fair to the employee or is the boss too harsh on the suspension? Too many times tardy can also be a reason for termination of the employee which happened to our office before.
But in the first place what would make an employee that sign to be prompt to work to ensure loss fo manpower is reduce.I think we are talking of discipline here and the premium he places on the job.Also reason should be looked into for some misdemenor that occure in some isolated cases.

Please you have to take it lightly with someone that have impacted positively in your company, if it happened all of a sudden there must be a reason for that and you really need to find out before you take any further action.

Well, if there is no good reason why a staff comes late to work and make a habit of it, that's a good sign that the staff is already fed up with the job as it stands.

Well, if there is no good reason why a staff comes late to work and make a habit of it, that's a good sign that the staff is already fed up with the job as it stands.
Sometimes before they start behaving in such a manner that means the working condition doesn't favor them ,it could be because the salary you are paying the person is low or maybe the working condition is so harsh that he or she is not able to cope.

It can be understood once or twice, but when someone is regularly coming late, then that means the employee is a regular offender and proper action should be taken against him. Otherwise new he will keep on coming late until someone corrects him.

It can be understood once or twice, but when someone is regularly coming late, then that means the employee is a regular offender and proper action should be taken against him. Otherwise new he will keep on coming late until someone corrects him.

Seriously, it's exactly what you want from your staff to take their job very seriously and it includes coming to work on time and not keep your business customers waiting.

Sometimes before they start behaving in such a manner that means the working condition doesn't favor them ,it could be because the salary you are paying the person is low or maybe the working condition is so harsh that he or she is not able to cope.
If an employee is not satisfy with whatever that he is been paid as salary where he works or the working conditions are not so favourable to him, it is better to resign than coming late to work everyday.

Personality are working for me and you don't take your very seriously if I come into work late all the time I'm definitely going to give you a query and if you don't improve I will sack you.
Sometimes you also need to put yourself in a situation in which you are the employee ,what if they have some serious circumstance that make them to turn up to their work at late hour, how will you do it ?

I am someone who strongly believe that work ethics and etiquette and contribute a lot to efficiency. This is why I believe that suspending somebody for coming late to work consistently is not a bad idea.

Coming late to work especially without any good reason is bad habit and a deliberate attempt to slow down the progress of your employers business. Suspension should be applied as a warning.

Coming late to work especially without any good reason is bad habit and a deliberate attempt to slow down the progress of your employers business. Suspension should be applied as a warning.
Is coming late to work and be a ground for suspension if one always comes late to work ad boss can give him suspension because punctuality is the soul of every business

In organisations there terms of engagement for the employee and one of such is expected time of resumption to work,and if such has been expressly made known to the employee and if he continues habitually to come to work late then it is not out of place to suspend such employee.

Of course going to work late is an offence that can attract suspension and I have witnessed such situation before where someone was suspended from her duty after several warnings from the head of the department she was working for. This will make her and even others to sit up. That is just my opinion.
I think all the companies have the policy that if you have excessive tardiness it will be a ground for suspension. I think this question can easily be answered by the policies or rules and regulation of the company. I think the new employees are given an orientation already by the human resource department.

If an employee is not satisfy with whatever that he is been paid as salary where he works or the working conditions are not so favourable to him, it is better to resign than coming late to work everyday.
What if they are part-time student and
they're trying to cover up two things at a time maybe because they don't have someone to sponsor them in the higher institution Will you still sack someone is such a situation ?

Some businesses and companies don't take coming to work really lightly. For some it's kind of a way of building the discipline of their staffs. Being prompt Is essential.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds